Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Newme4113 Once I got the gastric emptying study done I soon got my surgery date so I hope the same goes for you! I have been seeing him since June actually. It is a slow process and I agree that his staff can be a bit unorganized and that's annoying. But overall he does seem like a pretty good doctor.

@@Jennifer02188 yes he's always very pleasant. My last visit I spoke with a lady that had her surgery about 2 months prior, she said she had alot of gas pain and was suffering from Constipation but overall not a bad experience and she loved Dr. Paragi. Boy...I hope I get a date in Jan with u! I still need a couple more tests done at acc but they're all within these first couple weeks. I noticed not all dr.s require the same tests also

@@Newme4113 The numbers at the end just stood out so much to me - that's my daughter's birth date :-)

I've been seeing him since August - had a date but had to cancel due to knee dislocation. Hoping for an end of January date once I'm done with physical therapy. All my tests are done and I was completely cleared and approved for the surgery. His office is beyond disorganized and they always seem to lose messages and faxes and never remember if it's your first time there to see him or if you've been there 10 times before. I've shown up to appts 30 minutes early to still get to see him an hour and a half late. It's probably the only majorly frustrating part of this process was that entire office set up.

@@Shell88 u are dead on with that hahaha! I stopped goin early because they always took me in about half hr late smh. The numbers are my old phone number...apparently this app wouldn't let me use just new me lol. So u have a date? Whats with this gastric emptying test anyway? I still need ugi series and abdominal ultra sound

@@Newme4113 yeah, it sounds like you're getting your surgery date really soon. I'm only saying this because of my experience so I'm sorry if I end up wrong but I'm hoping I'm right! And I've read a lot about gas pains once the surgery is over. People suggest buying Gas-X. There are so many tests! I've heard of people getting the same tests and some only getting a few done. I guess it depends on the doctor and insurance. What insurance do you have?

@Jennifer02188 I so hope ur right girlfriend. I brought gas-x chewables and strips already (they were on sale and I had a coupon lol). I go back to see Dr. Paragi on Christmas eve so I hope I get a date then. I have blue cross blue shield. Are u on the liquid diet yet? How long would he have us on it? Man...I dnt know how im gonna act at that point smh, my poor family lol

@@Newme4113 Nice! I still have to go surgery shopping. I've done so much research it's crazy haha. But my liquid diet starts January 2nd and the surgery is set for January 15th. So the liquid diet is 2 weeks long. I have a list from the office that says we can only have Water, broth, sugar free drinks like crystal light and power drinks, low fat yogurt and of course a lot of Protein shakes! I know. I'm gonna be miserable and starving hahaha

New sleever here in Sussex County, was done Dec. 1st! I was out of the hospital the next day I did so well. I was pleasantly surprised how well I did, was expecting it to be rougher. I was put in a room at 5pm after a 1pm surgery and was up and about walking the halls in the evening, the next day I took four long walks around the unit, where I was jokingly called a show-off :) . I was out by 3pm that day (dec 2nd). This was after my neck going out BAD two weeks before surgery and scared that the neck thing would put off my surgery, it didn't, so I'm happy its all done & my neck is getting better too.

I'm only taking two Percocet's at night to sleep, not for my sleeve surgery, but for my neck. Daytimes not enough pain for pills. I only feel my surgery pain if I put pressure on my stomach. No nausea, thank God.

Gas was the only worry, but its been ok, took two days for it to come out below but now flowing free.

Trying to get as much Fluid Protein in to keep my strength up & keep walking & breathing around the house.

So far, so good.

Edited by George_NJ

Hi all. Just got sleeved dec 9 w dr abkin. I'm definitely in a little more pain than I expected. Mostly the left side like they tell you about. I still take the pain killers about 4 times a day and I'm sleeping in a recliner. I thought the gas was working its way out but tonight I'm def having some issues. I keep trying to take small sips but stomach definitely rebelling some. Anyone who has been sleeved- can u tell me how long this phase lasts? I'm on Clear Liquids but could not even imagine stomaching Jello right now let alone yogurt on Friday per my schedule.

Hi JustJaime5,

Are you able to walk around the house at all, do some laps? The gas was the worst of it for me, too. Walking does help to get things moving again. it took a good three days after surgery to get gas out down below, another two for a bm, but I have been walking as much as I can, since in the hospital. I'm walking a mile in the morning and then walking some other times in the day as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Edited by George_NJ

Thanks. Been walking laps around the house. Upstairs and downstairs. Not miles yet should I be doing that?

They had me up and walking around the evening of the surgery, I did so well they just pushed me to keep it up and go further. The next morning I was up walking laps around the hospital unit by 6am, then 9 and again at 12 noon...some of the nurses jokingly called me a show off. I was too bored to stay in the room, really. When the doctor came around, the nurses told him that I was bussing all around and doing fine, so he let me out with just the over night stay. The doctor told me to keep up the walking, and do other exercise as soon as I felt ready. I've timed walking one mile in the past and it was 30 minutes, so I make sure to walk for the 30 minutes when I get up in the morning, any other walking later is gravy. I try to do the whole upper body swing the arm thing for extra affect, I would look really stupid doing it outside, but inside who cares.

Ok. I'm definitely feeling a lot better.I know they say not to look at the scale. But I'm getting a bit discouraged. I've been on the full liquid diet since Friday. I haven't been getting in a full 64 ounces of liquid but I have been getting in almost 50. I am about the same with the protein.My weight is higher now then the day of surgery. I keep reading stories about people who were down 5 pounds, even 10 pounds even in the first week. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, do I need to be walking more? Like they said the left side is still in a lot of pain. Just around the incision is still stiff and sore. The skin is not soft like it is in the other sides incisions. what has everyone's first week results been? I just posted this on the other Decembers sleevers page hoping there are people out there who have been through this. I go to the doctor for a check up on Thursday. Just feeling like a failure already.

Hi. Ends up I actually had a small complication w the left side incision. The dr had to re cut and open it to clean it out. There was a hematoma there. I feel completely pain free now. But the one drawback is that as of Mon I have been treating an open wound. I have to pack it every day so I need to keep activity to a min. But better to have caught it now then after an infection set in. I'm 18 days out and 18 lbs down. Bummed about the setback but still overall glad I went through w the procedure.