Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 20, 2014 Surgical Date

My bags are pack and ready to go!!! T - 4 hours, I shall meet you on the other side and save me a seat on the LOOSER BENCH!!! My Prayers and thought are with all of us being Sleeved today October 20, 2014..Peace and Healthy Healing..

Morning all...

Well, this is it. I'm off.. I'm sure most of you have already gone. Praying for your surgical success today. See you in a few.. figuratively speaking of course...lol.

Blessings.

Op went well. Tired, and a little sore but manageable.

Mine went well also....I must say - I'm the perfect patient....lol. Home now and working on my first Protein shake....took my first dose of meds and will probably fall asleep in my chair. Thanks Laynie427 for checking in. We're probably the only two nuts thinking about others at a time like this....lol. Rest well and we'll wait to hear from the fella's.

Blessings..

I am home now. So glad to be in my own bed!

1.5 days at home a feeling good/great. There's no place like home to recover. Today was my last day of Clear liquids and Protein drinks. Tomorrow I will start the phase 2 menu until I go in for my post op on 11/6. My frequent short walks today equaled just under 4 miles and I'm feeling good about that. They really help to move the surgical gas, etc. I did notice that I gained 5lbs in the hospital....I'm sure it was all the IV fluids, etc. Of course that's all gone now plus and additional 3lbs. Been re-reading my binders/books and planning my phase 2 menu. Got out all my 1/4 C containers so I can just line them up tomorrow with plain yogurts, pureed Soups, unsweetened applesauce, cottage cheese, etc. Been searching the net for additional phase 2 menu items....not much out there, so I just got a variety of different puree-type Soups from Trader Joe's, sugar free puddings/custards/jellos/yogurts. I guess that will have to hold me until 11/6 when my doc will hopefully approve me to move to phase 3 foods. I guess that's all for now. Looking to hear from dtiller1147 and losinginalaska. Sound off guys so I know you're okay. Laynie427, you doin okay?

Edited by LAG50

I am doing ok. I started my Protein Shakes again yesterday and they seemed to go down pretty well. I agree with you. There is no place like home to recover. Still kind of sore but manageable. Glad I decided to take 2 weeks off from work. I have a feeling it will be needed :-)

Good to hear. I'm still sore also, but yes, it is manageable. I could probably do extra strength Tylenol but why waste the good stuff? LoL especially at night. Yes; stay home as long as you can - there is no need to rush your recovery if you don't have to. Be strong & be well..

Good morning team, I am back home. Last night was wonderful sleeping in my bed, I got very little sleep in Hospital. This is Post-op day 3 for me. My goal for today is to see if Jello will stay down. my recover seem so easy compared to all I have researched. Docs, keep saying mine went like textbook perfect. My pain never got above a three and I only had pain pump for one day I used it maybe four times. No problem getting fluids their, just have to get quantity up after some swelling goes down. I guess my biggest complaint was a dessert dry mouth. Have you ever had your lips stuck to your teeth? LOL! I not sure how I could have made it without the ice chips. I do feel sorry for the patient that their docs do not allow that in the beginning it was a lifesaver for me. If you are curious, I gained 3.6# from surgery. Man they pump the fluids in you.

Great to hear from you dtiller1147. Glad you're home and resting well. Glad you had a textbook perfect procedure (I think I heard the same thing from my doc, but I was still a little dopey when I think I heard it).

I think I musta had the stuck lip action also due to dry-mouth. It kind of felt like I had a forming cold sore at first, but nothing developed. Then, as the day went on I realized the "sticking" action again...lol. Yes! Oh thank heaven for ice chips - which, by the way, I wasn't allowed to swallow...lol. How do you manage that? But I did. Oh, and the mouth 'swab' came in handy a few times. Rest well my friend and enjoy being home. I tell ya - there's no place like it! Sipping on Water as I line up my little quarter-cup sized Breakfast bowls. On today's menu = 1/4c nonfat cottage cheese, and 1/4c plain nonfat greek yogurt; for a grand total of 13ish grams of lovely lean Protein. lunch = 2 scoops of Body Fortress Super Advanced whey Protein "chocolate" shake with 8oz of nonfat milk....for a whopping 69g of lean/healthy protein. And dinner will include 1/4 cup pureed Soup....a choice of 4 fabulous flavors from Trader Joe's.. 1/4c sugar free pudding...perhaps vanilla or maybe chocolate; and 1/4c of greek yogurt. I'm feeling the love already. Don't forget to walk if only around the house. I was cracking myself up walking laps around my 500 sq ft studio apt last night. It was like turning around in circles....lol.

Great to hear from you dtiller1147. Glad you're home and resting well. Glad you had a textbook perfect procedure (I think I heard the same thing from my doc, but I was still a little dopey when I think I heard it).

I think I musta had the stuck lip action also due to dry-mouth. It kind of felt like I had a forming cold sore at first, but nothing developed. Then, as the day went on I realized the "sticking" action again...lol. Yes! Oh thank heaven for ice chips - which, by the way, I wasn't allowed to swallow...lol. How do you manage that? But I did. Oh, and the mouth 'swab' came in handy a few times. Rest well my friend and enjoy being home. I tell ya - there's no place like it! Sipping on Water as I line up my little quarter-cup sized Breakfast bowls. On today's menu = 1/4c nonfat cottage cheese, and 1/4c plain nonfat greek yogurt; for a grand total of 13ish grams of lovely lean Protein. lunch = 2 scoops of Body Fortress Super Advanced whey Protein "chocolate" shake with 8oz of nonfat milk....for a whopping 69g of lean/healthy protein. And dinner will include 1/4 cup pureed soup....a choice of 4 fabulous flavors from Trader Joe's.. 1/4c sugar free pudding...perhaps vanilla or maybe chocolate; and 1/4c of greek yogurt. I'm feeling the love already. Don't forget to walk if only around the house. I was cracking myself up walking laps around my 500 sq ft studio apt last night. It was like turning around in circles....lol.

Wow you are moving your diet fast. I am still on Clear Liquids. I go to full liquids starting tomorrow and stay there for two weeks. Then on pureed for another 4 weeks. I will have to work up slowly on my 80 gram protein goal. Best of luck and enjoy walking in circles.LOL reminds me of our pre-surgery Journey at times. I glad your surgery went well too!!

I have not been feeling horrible, but a bit lethargic. I had to fly home for over 24hrs (including layovers) so that set me back a bit with no sleep. I landing back in my village yesterday around 11:00 am, went home and got greated by my two minions with 4 paws and and to deflect the jumps of joy and was not able to sleep. But When 10:30 pm rolled aorund I went into my lazyboy and did not wake up until 7 this morning (best night sleep in a week). Anyone else having trouble sleeping lying down? I also have a HUGE bruise that goes across my stomach, which I believe is from pulling out the 15 INCH DRAIN TUBE! That sent a jolt up to my shoulder. I have been doing great on the Water. It goes down easy. The Protein Shakes I just cannot finish. I am trying 1/2 cup of Tomato Soup and 1/2 cup of cream of wheat (odd combo, I know) tonight to see how that goes.

Edited by LosingInAlaska

There he is! Losing in Alaska, great to hear from you. How are you? Back home yet? Cough it up Bro.

There he is! Losing in Alaska, great to hear from you. How are you? Back home yet? Cough it up Bro.

Sorry! I have just been out of it!

Okay; all that is fine....as long as you're back home , safe & able to rest. My sleep is a little off as far as times, so I have just resolved to sleep whenever it hits me. In fact - it's 9pm in California and I'm just waking up from my afternoon nap....lol. I guess it's gonna be a long night. My tummy is still tender so I've been sleeping mostly in my recliner. I also have one of those hospital-type beds at home and am able to sorta sit up (head up/feet up) while in the bed. Certainly not laying flat....on back or stomach yet. Give it time. I'm also not shy with the pain Meds. If I need it - I take it. I'm on day 3 of phase 2 and have now figured our that I'm gonna have to give up milk. Today was my most symptomatic day after drinking my Protein Shake mixed with milk. I'm doing great with Water, crystal light, plain yogurt, cream Soups, applesauce, etc. I'm amazed at not being able to finish a quarter cup of Soup, yogurt & custard. So I do my Protein first, then my soup. If I can't get my pudding/custard down it's no great loss. Got my total walking for each day up to about a mile. That's usually a total of 3-4 walks.....my two 4-legged babies help with that although their pulling has been an issue.....blah blah blah....overall feeling pretty great.