Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new junk food.

I am posting this to see what kinds of foods we all find that helps satiate.

For me, my new "junk" food are cashews, peanuts, and pistachios. I have read other forums where folks have expressed concern about the fat content of nuts and there for, abstain. I for one find these items a great way to satiate and satisfy a junk food craving (salty, that is.) My NUT encouraged eating these foods too, barring allergies and the like. I find an once serving keeps me very satisfied for a good while....or at least until I can have my next meal and it KILLS head hunger, for me at least.

What are some foods you use to satiate? I also like low-fat cheese and chicken breast or tuna but nuts are my fav.

Would love to hear! Just trying to build my fit food arsenal in this war on obesity! :) I shall triumph!

Sleeved on 7/14/14.

Highest weight= 265

Weight 1 week before surgery: 244

Current: 211

Goal: 125-130

Height: 5'3"

Still losing!!

I don't yet have any room for "junk food."

I'm still having to use up all my new tummy capacity just trying to get in all my Protein.

New problems. :)

Beef Jerky, almonds, Protein chips (Health Wise BBQ), turkey pepperoni w/ cheddar cheese.

I snack on nuts - they are a whole food with healthy fat, something we all need.

I don't yet have any room for "junk food."

I'm still having to use up all my new tummy capacity just trying to get in all my Protein.

New problems. :)

I am in the same boat as you but I find nuts are very helpful in getting the Protein in. By junk food, I don't mean snacking on junk, I meant it hypothetically. Good luck! :)

Edited by tomi71

I LIVE for nuts. I eat em everyday. I buy mixed nuts in bulk and then mix in whatever might be missing so I get a nice variety of almonds, peanuts, macadamias, cashews, pecans, pistachios and walnuts. Then I add craisins and sesame sticks. This is a staple meal/snack for me.

Other favorite new "junk food" cravings are sliced avocados and tomatoes with pita chips or plain Greek yogurt flavored with vanilla Protein powder...sometimes with Kashi Cereal or a Kind whole grain blueberry almond bar crumbled in.

I also always have my homemade Protein ice cream on hand for those sweet cravings. Flavors I've made are chocolate caramel, cake batter pumpkin pie, cake batter gingerbread with walnuts, and Irish cream.

Edited by Kindle

I LIVE for nuts. I eat em everyday. I buy mixed nuts in bulk and then mix in whatever might be missing so I get a nice variety of almonds, peanuts, macadamias, cashews, pecans, pistachios and walnuts. Then I add craisins and sesame sticks. This is a staple meal/snack for me.

Other favorite new "junk food" cravings are sliced avocados and tomatoes with pita chips or plain Greek yogurt flavored with vanilla Protein powder...sometimes with Kashi Cereal or a Kind whole grain blueberry almond bar crumbled in.

I also always have my homemade Protein ice cream on hand for those sweet cravings. Flavors I've made are chocolate caramel, cake batter pumpkin pie, cake batter gingerbread with walnuts, and Irish cream.

I make homemade "ice cream" too! Once I was able to move on to mushies, I made a frozen yogurt eggnog and I ear it as is or mix with my Protein shakes. Yummm! I make it like real ice cream....heated custard, yadda-yadda, but sub with Egg Beaters, Splenda, Soy Milk, Tofu, Coconut Creamer as the custard base. Delicious! Next batch will be pistachio and then pumpkin! All the flavors you've mentioned sound freaking delicious!! :)

Edited by tomi71

My Snacks are almonds, peanuts, cheese, Jerky, edamame, and I almost always have some sort of shrimp in the fridge to nibble on.

My restriction is very tight at 16 months out, so I nibble all day. I don't worry about fat content nor do I eat FF/SF. Real food is the way to go for me because I don't eat enough of anything else to matter. Higher fat content means longer satisfaction.

My Snacks are almonds, peanuts, cheese, Jerky, edamame, and I almost always have some sort of shrimp in the fridge to nibble on.

My restriction is very tight at 16 months out, so I nibble all day. I don't worry about fat content nor do I eat FF/SF. Real food is the way to go for me because I don't eat enough of anything else to matter. Higher fat content means longer satisfaction.

I am a nibbler too. Sometimes I get a little paranoid about nibbling although I am very mindful and don't eat garbage. My restriction is tight ( only 2.5 mos out) so I find I get hungry faster. Those nuts do a great job.

If I am really craving candy, I love KIND Bars. They have all the sweet you crave, but has great ingredients and some Protein.

Other favorite new "junk food" cravings are sliced avocados and tomatoes with pita chips or plain Greek yogurt flavored with vanilla Protein powder...sometimes with Kashi cereal or a Kind whole grain blueberry almond bar crumbled in.

Please share how to make cake batter pumpkin pie ice cream!! Thanks in advance!

Oven roasted chick peas...crunchy, salty and as spicy as you want to make them

How far out can you eat nuts?

thanks

thanks

At my month NUT meeting, she said I could try a little at a time. I started with natural pb to make sure I could handle nuts and then slowly introduced others.

thanks

My surgeon specifically said 3 months for nuts and seeds. But ask your doctor to be sure.