Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everyone NOT going to miss after sleeve?

Well it finally happened today. I was walking to the car and when I got in my daughter (only 4) said, Mama your stomach looks big in a very matter of fact tone. Just like she was stating the obvious without judgment. And I horrified, mumbled something like. Oh, uh? She is my motivation to get in control of my health and eating. I want to be a good example. She's been blessed with the other sides physique. She is long lean and very muscular and active. Hopefully, I can be smaller by the time she starts elementary school....a sad as that sounds...

Will NOT miss: asking for help putting on socks and lace shoes. Won't miss diabetes and daily insulin shots.

Hello all! I love the topic so this will be my first post :D

I will not miss NOT being able to fit my calves into knee high boots, especially the "Wide Calf" ones that zip up half way and then taunt you :angry:

I will not miss my daughter asking me why I'm always so tired

I will not miss the shin splints I get walking two city blocks to my job

I will not miss NOT being able to fit my calves into knee high boots, especially the "Wide Calf" ones that zip up half way and then taunt you :angry:

Yes! The boots!!!

I feel ya on the boots. I just spent a fortune on a pair of wide calf boots thinking they would fit and silly me didn't try them on. Holding on to them because hopefully I'll fit them sooner rather than later.

Many on my list are repeats from what others have listed.

I will not miss worrying that I won't fit in a booth at a restaurant, praying that they sit us at a table.

I won't miss carrying a seat belt extender in my purse when I fly, hoping no one asks if I will fit. (that has happened several times and it's humiliating.)

I will not miss having issues with personal hygiene

I will not miss being worried what little kids are going to say when they see me. We all know how brutally honest kids can be.

I will not miss not being able to be active with my family.

I will not miss getting exhausted walking just a few feet.

I will not miss not sleeping well because I constantly have to turn over because my weight is too much to lay in one position for too long. Even on a tempourpedic bed.

I will not miss all the pills I have to take because of my weight.

I will not miss thinking my husband should find someone else.

I will not miss almost needing a crane to get me up out of our deep couch.

I will not miss worrying if a chair is strong enough to hold me.

I will not miss having to keep an empty seat between my husband and myself at the movies because I crowd him.

Wow. That's a lot and I'm sure there is more. I have surgery in 10 days and I cannot wait to NOT miss all these things!

I'm nine days to surgery and here's some things I will NOT miss:

• Not being able to wear cute BOOTS! Funny how so many of us said that.
  • My double chin. HATE IT.
  • Not being able to run a full minute without getting winded.
  • Thinking about food all the time and feeling hungry all the time.
  • Shopping in the plus size section. Never finding cute clothes in my size. Crying in the dressing room because I can't fit into any of the ten things I took in there with me. Let's not even talk about swimsuits.
  • My fat arms, thighs, belly, boobs, back.
  • Dreading stepping on the scale.
  • Enduring rude comments about my weight from strangers and my husband's crazy ex-wife.

What I'm looking forward to:

• Wearing sleeveless tops and skinny jeans.
  • Running a half marathon next year.
  • Riding my bike across the state with my husband.
  • Feeling more into being sexy with my husband.
  • Being able to sleep soundly without feeling a blanket of fat pressing down on my chest and neck.
  • Giving myself pedicures.
  • Telling the aforementioned crazy ex-wife, "You were right, I was a fatass but you know what? I lost the weight but you're stuck in that head the rest of your life!"

I will not miss feeling huge compared to everyone else, going to concerts (like is did last night, fleet wood Mac) and feeling uncomfortable in the seats or on a plane being worried if I'm gonna get the isle seat and if I'm hanging over to the person seat next to me... I just can't wait to feel comfortable in my own skin!!!

I am NOT going to miss a single thing about being FAT!!!! I CANNOT wait to be able to bend over and tie my shoes WITHOUT losing my breath!

I saved a pair of my "skinny" pants from back in the 80's..........I hope to be able to get into them again!!!

I'm not going to miss my belly sitting on my lap every time I take a seat. Yay, surgery in 9 days !

I just told my friend my goal is to put on a pair of boots and zip them up over my skinny calves!!

Everything ABOVE????????

I agree with everyone. All of their things they won't miss, are my things too!

I am ready to:

Ride a bike

Run

Wear a swimsuit and not be embarrassed.

Go to the beach

Be around my "cute" friends and not feel awful about myself.

Better sex positions (just keepin it real).

Find clothes that I actually like instead of just clothes that fit.

Have my husband want to show me off.

I heard this tonight from someone and I thought that I would share it. What I definitely won't miss is a woman telling me that I "would be such a good looking man if I just lost some weight". Well tonight it really rubbed me the wrong way.....and I said, " ya know, I'm handsome now and in 6 months I WILL BE SKINNY and in shape and you will still be a bitch!!!"