Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@LAG hope it's different for you, But I have been on full liquids since this past Thursday and I'm still starving. I'm no less hungry then I was on Clear Liquids, I'm calling my surgeon in the morning and seeing if I can get my post-op appointment moved up. I'm hoping he okays me to go on to soft foods, I really can't take this much longer.

Even when I'd moved on to yogurt and cottage cheese, I still wasn't feeling full. I couldn't feel my stomach at all. I called my clinic worried that maybe there was nerve damage or something. From what I understand, it takes a while for your stomach to come out of the anesthesia and shock and trauma of surgery. I didn't feel what I recognized as "full" until I was eating flakey fish.

Some of us accelerated our diets and are doing/did well. Your mileage may vary.

@@HalloweenBaby24 What you are going through is SO NORMAL! I'm only 3 weeks out, but I remember CRYING that first week when my husband ate an egg mcmuffin in front of me! The hunger and food cravings was the absolute worst part so far of this surgery! As soon as you can start more solid foods when you get to pureed, you will start to feel more satisfied. I did, and my hunger is now limited to meal times and I'm not craving food constantly. I also tried to get a little creative in this stage so I would feel like I was eating real food. The World According to Eggface has some great recipes for each stage. I know you're not there yet, but hang in there it will be here soon enough! And as someone else said, "This too shall pass".

@@HaddocksEyes I wish I felt full..

Since coming home I've been able to get 64oz of Water and 80gr of Protein in each day no issue which is great considering...The issue is I can literally sit and eat a whole 4oz bowl of Soup and not get a sense of fullness, Yes it takes me forever to eat it but at the end I'm still hungry.

I'm on full liquids now and yogurt was included in that on my nutrition packet so I did almost a full cup of Greek yogurt today and that actually helped hold me over for a longer period of time then any of the cream Soups did, So I plan on eating that for a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! Glad to hear that the yogurt puts off the hunger pangs for a longer period of time.

Edited by HaddocksEyes

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site, had my surgery on July 30th 2014. I was 207llbs and now I'm at 174llbs ! It has been tough, The first few days was not a good time I must say, but each day gets a little better, in two weeks I can start working out and I'm really hoping this helps with some of the depression. And heartburn wow ,,, I thought that was bad when I was pregnant , oh no it has been like 10 times worse. Now on prescription medication so hoping this will get better with time. I still cannot eat much and I do have a hard time with eating as much Protein as the doctor would like for me too. I love Water and was use to drinking about 128 Oz a day. So that is what I miss the most. :-) A friend referred me to this site because on days I really get depressed, not sure why but I do. So reading everyone stories does help. Thanks for listening.

I just had mine one week ago tomorrow and had my little crying breakdown today. Doc hsd me on pureed diet on day two! Ha couldn't even do the liquid diet at that point. I'm adding in pureed foods here and there but for me the best thing is milk. Seems to sooth my stomach. Dietician wants me to work on Protein starting tomorrow. Yuck! I've been experimenting and think I've found something that might work ok. Milk, small piece of banana, teaspoon of sf choc pudding and small scoop of Protein Powder. Made one tonight and really filled me up. Good luck to you hope we all feel better soon.

Hey Halloween Baby. I'm a HalloweenBaby too, just 20 year earlier! I was sleeved on the 12th and I can't seem to get the fluids down. I have a little hunger but not too bad and I'm kind of used to it. I was a once a day eater before I was sleeved. How do you get the Water in? Staying hydrated is what worries me. I'm tempted to put in my own darn IV!

@@ochiatl Always great to see another HalloweenBaby!

I really haven't been having a hard time with liquids, It's the one thing I have been doing right I guess.

Not sure how I do it, but I'm able to take big sips post-op without issue. I'm not a "Sip sip sipper"

Today I did one 33oz bottle of Water, 16oz bottle and 2 11oz Protein Shakes without issue.

My hunger kicked in on day 10. Thought I was by myself, as I read that no one but me was experiencing hunger. They took the Ghrelin out, didn't they? I couldn't possibly be hungry. Must be acid.

Nope. Some of us experience true hunger. Until I could eat real food (liquids 4 weeks), I thought I might eat my arm. I didn't cheat once, however. for fear of a leak. Plus I live with the food Nazi and he woulda tattled on me to my dr (hubby).

Ur husbands bringing in pizza this early out was wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. While I don't think others should have to diet along with us, I also don't think there's anything wrong with him eating his pizza outside the house and outside ur realm of sight. U need to talk to him about his support and exactly what u need.

Good luck! When u eat real food, u will be amazed at how little u can now eat. A few bites will fill you. At least for an hour or 90 mins! The first 6 mths, I was hungry every 90 mins. But only 3-4 bites did it for me.

@@marfar7 My husband is also obese and at this point has no plans to change himself. A day after the pizza we went shopping and Cookies, jalapeño poppers, doughnuts, and whatever else processed junk was in the cart. Before the surgery I definitely had more then one conversation with him about supporting me and maybe even joining me on eating healthy and maybe join the gym together. So far it looks like I'm the only one on this journey, I can't push him to do something he doesn't want to do and I'm not about to.

The night of the pizza I gave him the go ahead and told him I'd be fine, which honestly I probably would have been if it were one pizza because I knew it would be gone within a few hrs and out of sight, But no what I got were two pizzas sitting on my kitchen table for two days.

@@CowgirlJane how would I even tell if it was acid related? I don't feel as though it is, I don't feel acid running up my chest or throat and I've been taking Prilosec for two weeks straight. Just curious.

Ask your doc if it's safe for you to have Tums at this stage. If Tums takes the edge off, it could very well be acid related. I take 40mg omeparzole twice a day. Tried to cut back to once per day but felt hungry. I do have reflux, but it's apparently "silent", no heart burn or anything I can feel, but they did notice it's affects in my EGD so no symptoms don't necessarily mean no acid.

@brikchk thanks, I plan on asking my Dr at my follow up appointment Thursday.

Ugh the first week sucked so bad!! i feel your pain. It does get better. However, how inconsiderate of your hubby! wow just wow, hes lucky he isnt married to me, his arse would be sleeping in the garage with his two pizzas! (one of my favs btw)!!!

I was where you were a few days ago. I was on a different site and no answered my cry for help. It wasn't hunger for me, just the opposite. I felt over full and miserable. I seeped Water and thought I would die. I finally called doc. I am slowly feeling better.

warning - high jack alert - high jack alert!!!! :o

@@ShortiAKA

as @@BitterSweet* said "That sucks that no one replied to you."

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

I see you are a NEWBIE B)

you sent a reply to the post that HalloweenBaby24 (above #1)wrote

people usually respond to the main post (like you did)

don't usually respond to a post in the middle (sometimes they do)

sorry you felt overlooked :wacko:

" I am slowly feeling better."

greattttt - hope your recovery continues on the up swing :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy