Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I totally feel what you are saying. I my stomach was always growling anf I felt like I was starving myself too. It was no fun at all. At week 3, it has changed. I don't know why but it did and I am glad. Did you try blending some chicken with your Soup, like cream of chicken soup?

@@motherof5 I haven't tried blending meat into my Soup bc it didn't say to do that in my instruction, so I was trying to stick to the rules...I've blended brocoli cheddar soup and added light sour cream, chicken stock and strained beef stew.

I'm seriously considering going out to get my favorite Crab Bisque today and blending that, Not exactly Fat Free but oh well.

OH I know that I was just saying the amount that I get for the day and I sometimes find my self hungry so I have the warm tea to curb it.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

@@flipper20 I'm on full liquids only right now, so I can't eat any of what you listed except for the Protein Shakes and tea of course.

Hi Baby

Sorry to that you are feeling this way...I'm having some issues ...first of all I can't sleep! I'm up until 5 am then crash til 7 and that's it....I'm feeling some weird mild cramp every time I drink..no matter if it is warm or cool..I'm not that hungry but feels like growling hunger girgles...I'm my taking Nexium...also had a hernia repair..I wasn't feeling these things when drinking until today and my surgery was on9/8.

As for food around this house..there is plenty of it and it smells so good...I'm my can't wait to have a scrambled egg..my husband sat here and ate buttered popcorn the other nite! The man could eat whatever he wants his whole life and isn't over weight.

I'm sure once we are able to have something of substance in our stomachs and feel satisfied this will all pass. This is a hard phase...hang in its going to be ok...:)

Not going to sugar coat it the first days suck! Really suck. And I used to hate these words........it will get better. Lol. But it will and you will go on here and probably type those exact words. Lol. Hang in there.

Honestly I was starving the first week after surgery. It probably didn't help that watched a lot of the food network all day lol. My surgeon moved me up to soft foods on week 2. My first

'Meal' was a scramble egg and I could only eat about half. Just hang in there and try to stay busy with other things.

Halloween - I was starving the moment I woke up from surgery and it may have been from acid, but food made it stop hurting so I believe it was a combo - anyways I couldn't take it after about ten days out, so I started adding 1/4 cup cottage cheese in and it made such a difference. I'm not saying you should go against your doctors plans, but I think it's important to listen to our bodies since we all heal at different rates. I also started soft food three weeks out, I'm 7 weeks out and don't have any issues.

"I am slowly feeling better."... To be clear, that's the part I liked...not the other parts...

Seriously I don't want to complain about this surgery, It's what I wanted and did it for a very good reason.

I'm 5 day's out and on full liquids I feel like thing's are falling apart and I'm just trying my best to hold it all together.

I'M STARVING!!..I've gotten in all 64oz of Water and 80grams of Protein and I'm so hungry I'm about to crack!

It doesn't help that my husband decided it would be an awesome idea to bring 2 large pizza's into the house for himself and my small 4 year old daughter that will only eat 1 slice, But yet he thought it was necessary to get two after I told him to get one..This isn't head hunger. It's not acid reflux or the need to drink more Water, this is stomach eating hunger..

Taking my pain pills and wrapping up in a blanket for a long night's sleep, At least I won't feel hungry then. Hopefully..

Hi there Baby...I've been reading your posts for a while now. Please don't be discouraged. I too get hungry and it has been that way since about the 5th day post-op. In fact, I broke the rules on the 6th day post-op and had yogurt and cottage cheese and refried Beans with melted cheese. Not saying you (or anyone else) shoud necessarily do that, only that the hunger is real and I feel you.

There have been many times over the past 4 weeks that the rest of the family has been eating something really good..like hamburgers and french fries and yes, PIZZA! These were formerly two of my favorite meals. It's hard to sit there and smell it and want to have it, especially when you are truly hungry. I would sit down with my low-fat pot pie Soup and eat that. When I would become full fast, it would remind me that even if I wanted what they were eating, there was no way in heck I could even get down a portion of any of it. Other than that, I had to just walk away.

They asked for chocolate chips Cookies the other day and I was going to make it for them. But after some thought I knew if I did, there was no way I could stop myself from sampling some Cookies. So I just didn't go there at all.

As my mother always likes to to say, this too shall pass. Good luck to you!! I know you will be successful with each pasing day.

Edited by HaddocksEyes

@@HaddocksEyes I wish I felt full..

Since coming home I've been able to get 64oz of Water and 80gr of Protein in each day no issue which is great considering...The issue is I can literally sit and eat a whole 4oz bowl of Soup and not get a sense of fullness, Yes it takes me forever to eat it but at the end I'm still hungry.

I'm on full liquids now and yogurt was included in that on my nutrition packet so I did almost a full cup of Greek yogurt today and that actually helped hold me over for a longer period of time then any of the cream Soups did, So I plan on eating that for a while.

oh boy I so feel your pain! Im 3 weeks out now and life is getting much better. 3 Weeks seems to be the magic time... you start to get your life back! That first week was so traumatizing for me. I cried and cried. Thought I ruined my life! But as soon as I was able to eat "real" things like refried Beans, oatmeal, etc, life got better. Last night I ate some sashimi from our favorite sushi place... sashimi is super soft and went down beautifully! I felt like I was on cloud nine! I ate 3 pieces and was stuffed! I still cant believe it.

Also, that first week I never felt full or any restriction from my sleeve either. I was convinced that it wasnt working. But everyone assured me that I would feel it once real food came into play and sure enough, thats the truth. Yogurt is too much like a liquid and it just slides on thru... wait til you have some tuna or something like that, 1/4 cup and you're stuffed! its crazy!!

Yeah, you're not going to feel much restriction on a liquid diet, even a week out.

Liquids move on through pretty fast.

Just keep hydrating.

And relax. :)

While I'm glad to hear this is a normal thing to be experiencing, I can't wait to get over it and move on to the soft food phase so I can feel a little more comfortable..

@@Loristi

Three pieces I'm so jealous! :) I went to Boston Market today for some rotisserie chicken. I order the three piece assuming I'd at least finish a drumstick, and have the left overs for later. After four little baby bites of the drum stick I started burping and you know what that means, the sleeve has spoken. I was so devastated that I couldn't finish that drum stick, it was just getting good!

@@HalloweenBaby24 I'm two and a half weeks out and when I first got sleeved I didn't get hungry as of four days ago my stomach has started growling every two hours like clock work. I'm on stage four, so three tiny bits later I'm completely stuffed. It's frustrating, because I feel as If I should be eating more. It's like my body is playing a cruel joke on me; hungrier than a bear every two hours, then stuffed like a turkey after three to four tiny bits. It's like we're learning all over again, once you're on more solid foods you'll start to feel full - hang in there!

I am 7 days out and completely understand where you are at! I think we are just going to be hungry on Clear Liquids. Hang in there ! I feel better today than yesterday looking forward to " full liquid stage"