Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell off the Wagon Tonight!!!

Hello everyone, right now I am feeling really bad, I have been staring at this pizza in my freezer since I got home from surgery over 3 weeks ago.............. and well I cooked it tonight, and made a pig out of myself................. the first time I have done something like this............ HELP............. I have been getting full pretty quick, and tonight it was like it went down without any problem. I know I am not the only one that has done this.......... afterall, this kind of behavior is why most of us are here........I scared myself............ cause I was doing so good. Any input or support would be great to hear right now.............. I hope everyone else is doing wonderful............ Keep up the hard work, lord knows for me, Tomorrow is a new day, and I am going to do better! I had to vent............ thank you everyone for listening.

Jodie:(

Jodie, it happens to all of us. Tomorrow is a fresh start. Please do be careful since you are still healing from your surgery. Are you on solid foods yet? Once you are, it will help you feel full longer. Try keeping "good stuff" available so when you do get an urge, you don't "starve to death" trying to get something. It seems like the "bad foods" are always the easiest ones to get to, doesn't it? Just think, now that pizza is gone and it won't be tempting you any more! Best of luck to you!:D

Hi Jodie,

I went through a very hungery stage too after being banded. I went from clears to full liquids in 2 days, then very softs after one week, because I was starving. My first few days of soft foods, I was able to eat anything I tried, and too much of it, though I managed never to get a PB, I did eat til my chest would start to hurt. It scared me that I could eat like that, and worried me that I was gonna screw something up, plus I regained 4 pounds! Right as my lady friend paid her monthly visit...

I needed to reacclimate myself to what I'm doing, so I just came back here and started reading more of some of the older posts, as well as the new ones to get an insight, and some inspiration. It worked. Thank God! I sure didn't want to be the one that this didn't work for!

In this last week, I'ver really been able to get on the right track. I'm eating softs, chicken, Soups, veggies, refried Beans, etc... and I'm being careful to monitor the amounts more closely. The weight's going downward again, and I'm feeling better, my appetite is decreasing somewhat, enough that I'm satisfied eating small amounts 1/4 to 1/2 cup, every couple of hours.

Hang it there, we're human, we get hungery...

besides we know it's ok, because we are equipped with the tool that's going to help us. We're just new orientee's right now... We'll get it right soon enough, then be skinny old pro's before we know it!

Thank you both for the encouragement!!!!!!!!!! I have been reading posts all nite, and it has helped greatly. Gosh I felt so awful after doing that............. but I do feel better now, thanks to you guys................. Hugzzzzzz

Keep up the good work!!!

Hugz to you both........... I have been inspired again....:D

We all fell off the band wagon in Vegas..no big deal..it happens . Thank God it is Monday and I can start fresh...don't beat yourself up about it. Hey some of us even lost weight after eating and drinking all weekend in Vegas..it was all worth it either way gain or loss.

Thank you Michelle......................I am doing better now, and like you said its Monday............ a new start. Thank you for the inspiration. I am going to need a lot of it I am sure. You keep up the good work too k................. and take care. Hugz

Jodie

Hi Jodie,

I feel like your twin! I was banded 9/29 and I am starving in the afternoons and or early evenings......I have tried soft foods every couple of hours and that helps...I don't know if I am supposed to be "grazing" like that though......like you too, I am nervous that I am going to mess things up.......hang in here for support. These angels on this board are truly inspirational. Hopefully after our first fill we'll settle down a bit! I have lost 9 lbs. and probably should be loosing more but my grazing in the evenings is responsible for that. Take things easy on yourself......we're on the right train track here.

:)

Thank you for the inspiration. Lord knows we all need it. I am glad I have a twin, hehe, probably more than one I am sure. Yes I do get hungry in the evening especially............ and its hard. I have lost 13 pounds, and holding for 2 weeks now. I will be glad when I get a fill, so I can feel better about the amount I am eating. I know we are not eating near as much as usual, but guess its a brain thing, ready for those few bites and being full. Take care and hugz to you. Keep up the good work, and I will too.

Jodie

Move over girls, your triplet is here... I'm holding for a week now at a loss of 15 lbs ... like both of you, I'm fine all day, a small meal or two, so I'm grazing all evening, but ya know, I was doing that prebanding too. I could easily go all day without a bite to eat, but would then eat all evening, I've never been a huge binger, just a grazer, and usually high carb stuff. I'm working on having my grazing foods being band friendly, and better choices, but I too am starting to think in terms of fill dates... I'd been planning to hold off til January because of the holidays coming up, and the cost of the trip, but I dunno if I can wait that long. I may try and scrape together a November trip at this point...

Any experienced bander good ideas for jump starting a stalled beginner loss?

I'm not an experienced bandster, Pam, but I can tell by your stats that you're doing fine. Banded on 9/21, and on 10/14 you're 15 lbs. lighter . . . that's about five pounds a week, on average, even though from what you're saying most of that loss came early on.

A lot of our initial loss with the band is Water. Those of us who routinely had puffy ankles, feet, and hands really notice this. Remember, no matter how little food you're taking in, your body just can't metabolize 5-10 pounds of FAT in a week. So why, then, isn't the scale moving, when you're not taking in many calories? I would guess that you've put back some Water weight after the initial shock of the surgery. Your body, however, is still burning that nasty old fat. The net result -- water up, fat down, no change on the scale -- can be discouraging. But your body is quietly changing for the better.

That's my nonscientific description of this phenomenon. I think I read a good medical explanation somewhere on this board, too. Hang in there!

Originally posted by JPort32

Thank you for the inspiration. Lord knows we all need it. I am glad I have a twin, hehe, probably more than one I am sure. Yes I do get hungry in the evening especially............ and its hard. I have lost 13 pounds, and holding for 2 weeks now. I will be glad when I get a fill, so I can feel better about the amount I am eating. I know we are not eating near as much as usual, but guess its a brain thing, ready for those few bites and being full. Take care and hugz to you. Keep up the good work, and I will too.

Jodie

Hi jodie!!So even if your holding steady have you noticed your body starting to change? I did right away after the scale stopped moving (when I went to mushies) And that's when I've gotten the most compliments...when the scale doesnt move!! Dont stress, you sound like your doing GREAT!!

Keep us posted

Katie

All of you are doing wonderfully! Even when the scale's not moving, remember it's not going UP like it would have in preband days!

You're probably getting NSVs (non-scale victories) that you're not even aware of yet. Have you tried your rings on lately? Been able to tie your shoes without passing out? Clothes getting looser? Don't look for the closest parking spot anymore? Your face doesn't get all red, and you're not huffing and puffing as much? Able to vacuum the house w/o having a heart attack? Shave your legs easier? (You'll think of many, many more!):cool: