Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I have my story to tell. I started thinking about weight loss surgery in 2008. I finally did it February 25,2014. It was a ROUGH ride. If there is a 1% chance of something going wrong, I am the 1%!. So I kept throwing up and nothing would stay down. Not even fluids. Finally after 10 days they hospitalized me. They released me after fluids and sent me home. I went back to throwing up so 3 days later the doctor asked for further testing and an EGD. Apparently the bottom part of my stomach was too narrow and was not digesting. So he went in and widened it a little. The throwing up finally quit and I was able to burp. I am not totally miserable now. Don't get me wrong, it is not a breeze now, but it is way way better! I was at 291 when I started this process and as of two weeks ago I was 186.5. I can actually cross my legs. (Something I have not done in 15 years) I was a size 24 and pushing a 26. Now I am a size 16. I was in a 3x before and pushing a 4x and now I wear an XL! I have also went from a 42DD to a 36C. (I know personal, but measurements count to me) I cannot believe the changes in my life. Men pay attention to me now, I am more confident, I feel better, and I am working on energy. I am still having problems with dehydration and kidney function, but it is better than it was. All in all I am sooooooo glad I did this. I did not feel that way the first month, but now I do. I recommend that anybody that wants it to weight their options and make sure you know that is not an INSTANT fix, you still have to diet, and know the risks. I was well informed and still found surprises along the way. I still have troubles with fattening food. I still like doughnuts. I just have an easier time saying no now that I have been through what i have been through.

bigsoutherngal,

I'm glad you are getting better :)

So sorry you had such a rough time getting there :mellow:

The further out from surgery you get the more effort you have to expend to keep losing the weight. Enjoy your "honeymoon" ;) while you drop weight at an increased rate. Your body will eventually start to adjust to less food and you have to work at it harder to loose the same amount as you loose in your "honeymoon".

Blessings,

Kathleen

Edited by Katcloudshepherd

I'm so glad you are in a good place now. I had my surgery April 2nd 2012. I was 182 pounds by surgery date. I was at 211. I have Cushings and this was the solution. I met my goal of 145 in 4 months because I couldn't stop vomiting. My goal is 115 and was 9 pounds from it and they don't know why I have abnormal weight gain. I'm back to 146. I have never stopped vomiting or gagging every day. My food still consist of the step above fluids. Sometimes I can eat something solid, but an upper GI showed the food or liquid hesitates before going down. Real food feels like glass ripping my insides all the way down. I had been off of here for a while because my Parkinsons symptoms got real bad but where my doctor left me the good Lord showed me a way. I had lost 75% speech and thought process. I did my own research and found something to try. It worked well as an off label test and now it is on record. I have no symptoms at all and hopefully we can try for a grant to study more patients. My brain is like a sponge, wanting to learn everything. I have full speech and thought process back, but I'm still vomiting or stay nauseous but promethazine helps. I got discouraged because I went from a 6 back to a 12. I didn't lose my waist length hair until I had to go on heavy rounds of steroids. I finally cut it myself last week. I did a reset and now if I eat the sweets the dumping happens and I don't care for that. No one told me about gallbladder problems or digestive problems that would occur. Keep up the great work and attitude! You are doing great! :)

Dear Black Betty,

My doctor went in and widened that part of my stomach because I had the same symptoms as you and it fixed EVERYTHING. He said it only had only happened to one other patient before me. I also can burp a lot better now too. Not as well as I should, but better. I hope you get better soon as well. I know that feeling of hopelessness and not being able to eat anything.