Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's normal: ) I did it also. My first month I swear I didn't think it would ever pass! First 2 wks was soo hard an difficult. Yes it's emotional, I was hungry an wanted a burger! ! I had to talk myself thru it everyday. .my hubs helped a lot an so this forum..t-shirt an emotional roller coaster. .but when I got to my first wk postop visit I was ecstatic! ! I was on cloud nine bc it was actually wrking for me! I had my doubts I thought this will wrk for others an not me...but my drs all of them reassuring me follow protocol an don't cheat. .cheating diet days were over! It works! I know how frustrating it is. I was on shakes for a month..2 before an 2 later...then I was on soft for 2 then puree for 2 which I ate baby food, an shakes..then 6 wks I added solids slowly. .still would rather do shake for Breakfast. .sometimes for lunch or a bar..but I still don't eat hard foods, no nuts yet..hang in there!! Try an find something to do to make days go by faster. Its worth it! ! Depression is also normal some get affected. .I've had a few crying days but that's about it. At 6 wks I flew to MB with gfs for 5 days..I paced myself. Still do..I get tired. I'm 2 months an 60 down...have gave 90% of clothes away to gf. .feels good! You can do this. The brain plays tricks on us..keep chin up! :)

It's normal: ) I did it also. My first month I swear I didn't think it would ever pass! First 2 wks was soo hard an difficult. Yes it's emotional, I was hungry an wanted a burger! ! I had to talk myself thru it everyday. .my hubs helped a lot an so this forum..t-shirt an emotional roller coaster. .but when I got to my first wk postop visit I was ecstatic! ! I was on cloud nine bc it was actually wrking for me! I had my doubts I thought this will wrk for others an not me...but my drs all of them reassuring me follow protocol an don't cheat. .cheating diet days were over! It works! I know how frustrating it is. I was on shakes for a month..2 before an 2 later...then I was on soft for 2 then puree for 2 which I ate baby food, an shakes..then 6 wks I added solids slowly. .still would rather do shake for breakfast. .sometimes for lunch or a bar..but I still don't eat hard foods, no nuts yet..hang in there!! Try an find something to do to make days go by faster. Its worth it! ! Depression is also normal some get affected. .I've had a few crying days but that's about it. At 6 wks I flew to MB with gfs for 5 days..I paced myself. Still do..I get tired. I'm 2 months an 60 down...have gave 90% of clothes away to gf. .feels good! You can do this. The brain plays tricks on us..keep chin up! :)

I don't know how to work this hopefully this works. But thanks so much and you right. It's so nice to have other who are with you and say it's normal because I was feeling cray cray!!! I get tempted because I have friends with the same date as me trying things and saying it's okay and I'm to chicken cu I don't wanna hurt myself. Once I see results and don't feel restricted I knkw I'll feel better. I still don't regret it. I needed it Lord knows I need it ! Thanks everyone

The bariatric nurse told me that all this is normal, she went threw it herself. I'm only two days out not feeling it yet but I'm sure the holidays will bug me to no end. That'd not saying I won't want to shove something down someone's throat tomorrow when I'm looking at the juice, broth or Jello.< /p>

It's been 4 + months, i never realized how many food commercials there were on tv until post op. it was depressing that I broke up with the one constant in my life Food! Happy/sad it was always there. I still miss my old relationship with food, I have had a bite of a chocolate chip cookie, a sip of a cold beer, and 3 M&Ms, (not at the same time) it was enough to say I remember you and I savored those three splurges but my fear of getting sick was enough to keep me from having more. I also think about how my life has changed since April, I'm down 80#s since pre-op diet started on 4/2/14. My planters fasciitis doesn't hurt like it use to, I was on a plane this week and didn't need a seat belt extender. Don't get me wrong I still miss my food relationship but my quality of life has definitely improved! My fear is where will I be in 5 years? I can't seem to enjoy my recent successes for the fear of tomorrow's failure!

I was sleeved on the 27th as well. I made spaghetti for my family the other night and licked the spoon. It was devine. I miss chewing. I have tried gum but it is just not the same. My husband told me tonight that he felt guilty for eating or talking about food in front of me. It was so sweet. I long for the puree phase. The thought of drinking another Protein Shake, or sipping broth makes me want to gag. The worst part is that next week is my birthday and we always have a family birthday dinner. When my mom called today to ask where I wanted to go I told her smoothie King. She then remembered I could only have liquids. I guess I could have a birthday cake flavored martini. LOL! I am so glad I found this site and know that I am not alone.

I must be crazy too! I took a bite of a cheese tortilla, chewed it up and spit it out! I just wanted to chew something and have a normal flavor in my mouth. food does some strange things to people.

Hi Mellytoon....

Yep we get very emotional after surgery...We hurt, we feel cheated while everyone eats what they want....There were days I sat in my chair and cried, wondering if I had made the right desicion or what the hell did I do this for....Now, surgery was in May, now I could cry because my closet that had un-worn new clothes in it has been getting cleaned out. I can't wear the damn clothes and I have no real money for new ones....(Not gonna charge any, my other bad habit I had to quit a few years back....lolol) There's still times now when I know I USED to be able to eat that and now I can't just because my stomach won't take it I wanna cry....I think this is just an emotional road we merged onto....Hang in there.... :)

I was sleeved on Aug 27th also. I totally get where you're coming from. I'm feeling like everything before in my life revolved around food...what am I going to do now?! I'm on full liquids for 2 more weeks (4 weeks postop) then can move on to purees. Lord help me get through this!!

i hear you loud and clear! i've been going through it already, and i am still a month pre-surgery! just going through my pre-op three month supervised diet has depressed me greatly. i've made more/different changes than i ever have before in a diet, preparing for life after sleeving, and it's depressed me greatly. i have to work so hard to find joy in places other than food, and it's depressing as hell to realize how much of my happiness was/is based on food.< /p>

i hope to replace this with exercise highs, when i weigh less and can move without pain.

fight the fight! we are worth the pain we are going through, and let's face it... it was pretty depressing being fat, when we allowed ourselves to actually think about it (instead of hiding the feelings behind more food).

There is so many different reasons why we enjoyed food so much. Now it's time to sort thru in our heads what was what now an figure it out bc it being a life long behavior thing it's goin to have different emotional cycles. There was so many factors for me that all these yrs of talk therapy getting to the bottom was not only the main drive but I had physiological issues that didn't help the situation. Been working on it as a whole an I still struggle some days. Its a journey for sure..best wishes..:)

Listen, i know how you feel. I hat cream of mushroom Soup now, lol. I was sleeved on /august 26th and I have two more weeks of puree. My doc told me that my foods should be able to fit through a straw. With that being said, I think that my main meals will be Protein Shakes. i think I will try a Protein soup today that my NUT gave me a sample of. it will get better.

I have cried. What did I do?? I can't change my mind ( sleeved on 8/20). I have talked to others and seems to happen to several. My doc had me on clear liquid for 2 wks then thick liquid for 2 wks ( life saver being able to eat yogurt and cottage cheese) next week I get puréed food. Just keep yelling yourself it is all about your stomach healing. I have read others with frothing and upset stomachs even vomiting. I haven't had any of that. So maybe while boring, liquids aren't so bad after all