Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over the shoulder boulder holders

Hi Ladies!

How often did you find you needed to replace your bras during the weight loss process?

Even in jeans and a loose t-shirt, the right bra can mean the difference between "casual" and "sloppy", and I'm trying to work on a budget to make sure I can keep myself outfitted in the right size hooter holsters.

Thanks!

I really only changed bras twice during my weight loss phase. I didn't lose much volume (I'm still a G cup), and I just made what I had work until I just couldn't stand it anymore. Now that I have reached my goal, I invested in new bras that I'll wear for awhile.

I change bra size twice...I went from a 38D to a 34DD during the weight loss phase, and I stayed, oddly enough, in the same size sports bra the entire time. I just had an augmentation and lift, and quite amusingly I am at the moment still in exactly the same size bra I was before surgery, just with a much better look.

When I look back at pictures, it seems like I would have changed sizes substantially more than I actually did because the girls were quite large at the begining and quite deflated until my recent surgery, but I suppose it's just how everything is distributed that makes it less of a change that I'd imagine.

That's good news - bras are so darn expensive, and not something I like the idea of buying used!

I have changed once with 60 lbs. The most comfortable is without one. I live my life unsnapping my bras, in the car, walking in the house, travelling, you name it. Someone please invent something comfortable please, before I die!

This was a big concern weighing on my mind. I don't scrimp on bras because the engineering needed to support such a large amount of tissue can't be cheap. Fortunately, I still have good bras in various sizes as I gained weight so hopefully I can get through some of the post op period without spending a large amount of cash. Thanks everyone for opening up about a bit of a private subject!

thank you for asking this.... it's a good question. I'm just 6 weeks out and have noticed that (their not having deflated yet) actually my bazongas are the biggest they've ever been and hadn't really paid attention to the fact that I was rotating between a small selection of bras that fit... mostly sports bras. I'm hoping that I can use these and work my way into the other bras that pinch later on in the weight loss game. I will definitely spring for new beautiful bras when I get towards my goal!

Ross Dress for Less ..5.99 bras!

I became a believer the day I tried tops on with a good fitted bra and they all looked so much better!

Yes! I got from ross as well and One Hanes Place. TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I can only wear good substantial bras and they sell the better ones at discount prices bc they are slight seconds or last season.

I went down bra sizes regularly. Beginning at a 44DD that was really too small and now am 32D-DD depending on brand.

Sports bras seem to be the most forgiving and I could wear them longer