Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I thought was in the band wasn't...has that ever happened to you?

I had my surgery in Oct 2013 at a place where Kaiser Permanente sent me because at the time, they didn't have bariatric surgeons on staff. I followed up with the surgeon for 6 visits. I have 6.50cc in the band (or so I thought). Kaiser is now sending me to their own bariatric surgeon now that they have one. My first visit with him was today. I've been vomiting, so I know I needed to have some Fluid removed. At the original surgeon's office, I had 6.25cc in June and he added .25 so we thought I had 6.50cc in there. Well today, the new Dr removed all of the fluid just to make sure that I did have 6.50cc. He was going to remove some so I'd be somewhere in between 6.25 and 6.50. As it turned out, I had 7.3cc in the band. We know I just needed a little removed so he took me down to 7.1cc. So, we'll see how it goes now. But, has that happened to any of you where what you thought you had in there (and so did my original surgeon) was not correct?

That's a miniscule mistake. How much is in your band is irrelevant to how your level of satiety can be. Knowing how much is in the band is information, but not the type of information that is useful. The amount of saline in our bands does not equate to a particular level of satiety or restriction.

But it's good you had some removed. I too had some removed 2 years ago but then realized I was getting stuck because I was eating too fast and too big. It's a hard lesson to learn. So, I had them add it back and now I've been in the green zone for 4 months.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches