Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are we "live" now? Slow as molasses now known as Over 55?

I think we are live now.

I'm here! I hope we get some interest!

So, ItsAllGood, you are pre-op?

I'm glad for some reason to see another short person.

Have you been as frustrated as I have been with the long sleeves on larger-sized clothing? I'm hoping that once I get into regular Misses sizes, the sleeve lengths won't be down to my knees anymore. I've always said that just because I'm fat it doesn't mean I have arms like a gorilla.

We're up and running, and if you're 55+ or thereabouts, please feel free to join in.

I am pre-op, but will change that on 9/13!

I hate the fight with long sleeves! I usually roll the up to mid-forearm. I also hate the length of the shirts themselves. Some are close to my knees.

Thank you for setting up the link.

I am pre-op, but will change that on 9/13!

I hate the fight with long sleeves! I usually roll the up to mid-forearm. I also hate the length of the shirts themselves. Some are close to my knees.

Thank you for setting up the link.

Hi this is great we have this site I can only write on this under the quotes option is there another way. I am 67 live in Minnesota have a husband. 3 children 6 grandchildren and a great granddaughter should be having the sleeve surgery in October or Nov can't wait. Hopefully will be well enough to leave for Texas in December as we winter there for 4 months. .this site is the greatest it has helped me so much it's nice having people to talk things over let's make sure to stay in touch

Lindalue, I don't know what's with the way you have to post. Are you on computer, tablet or phone?

I don't have a crystal ball, but if my experience is any gauge, you will be fine in a few weeks.

I was cleared for a normal diet when I met with my dietician this week, but on the previous phase I really didn't feel restricted. But TODAY I had salad,which rocked!

Hi Fezik23 - how much salad were you able to eat? Was wondering if we go by volume or weight?

Ellen

I went by volume, which makes it a bit difficult to track. Really I only need to track the Protein in the Beans, and there are only a tablespoon or so per half cup. I chose navy beans because they were the highest in protein for the lowest carbs. This morning I bought some cucumber to add to the fiber! Boy do I need Fiber.

So I forgot to say, it was a bit less than a half cup. I could have eaten more, but I'm trying to avoid the "one bite too much" feeling.

Thanks- I can't wait for salad. I'm not hungry, but I do miss chewing!

Ellen

Lindalue, I don't know what's with the way you have to post. Are you on computer, tablet or phone?

I don't have a crystal ball, but if my experience is any gauge, you will be fine in a few weeks.

I was cleared for a normal diet when I met with my dietician this week, but on the previous phase I really didn't feel restricted. But TODAY I had salad,which rocked!

I was wondering I would like to take only a week off after surgery what does anyone think. And also what about losing hair after surgery anyone experienced that. Oh I am doing this on my phone is that why I can only answer under quotes

I was wondering I would like to take only a week off after surgery what does anyone think. And also what about losing hair after surgery anyone experienced that. Oh I am doing this on my phone is that why I can only answer under quotes

Everyone is different, but I definitely needed two weeks before going back to work. It took that long for me to feel like I could stay awake all day. I also had very bad nausea caused by the antibiotics I had to take.

Regarding Hair loss, I have heard that if it's going to happen, it usually starts around the 4th month after surgery. And the only thing that affects its severity and duration is adequate Protein and Vitamin supplementation. I am not at the 4-month mark yet, so I don't really know if I'm going to lose a lot of hair. I haven't noticed any changes so far.

Edited by IcanMakeit

I was home from work for eleven days, which included two weekends.

We'll have to wait and see about the hair loss. I'm hoping for the best. I have always had thick hair though it's not as thick as it once was.

I had the surgery on a Wed, and started working on the following Monday. However, I got permission to work from home, since I do a lot of writing, conference calls, etc. Can't say that I have been super productive, but without the commute and the running around on our very large corporate campus, it's been OK. I'm glad I've had the time at home, since bathroom breaks are very, very frequent!

Ellen

I had the surgery on a Wed, and started working on the following Monday. However, I got permission to work from home, since I do a lot of writing, conference calls, etc. Can't say that I have been super productive, but without the commute and the running around on our very large corporate campus, it's been OK. I'm glad I've had the time at home, since bathroom breaks are very, very frequent!

Ellen

How is everyone doing I am struggling to loose these last 6 lbs I need to before surgery I don't have any specific diet they want me right now so I am thinking about just trying the shakes for a while