Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting so nervous - surgery on Monday, 9/15.

Hey everyone new here,I will be Sleeved on 9/24

I'm scheduled for the 23rd as well. Can't wait. My doctor requires TWO WEEKS of liquids. I started on Tuesday. All was well till I had to make a trip to the grocery store for a couple of things. I had been out for awhile and was hungry (should have brought a Protein Shake with me) and everything looked good to me, even things I don't typically like! Couldn't wait to get home. I got it under control though. Had some chicken broth after my Protein shake. Just keep telling myself I can do anything for two weeks. And my husband has been great. He makes his own dinner and I keep busy making jewelry.

So happy for all of you who are recovering from surgery today. I'm pretty sure this is a club no one wants to be in, but you couldn't ask for a more supportive group of people. Glad I found this place....

Had surgery yesterday . I am sore. But I keep walking. It is hard to drink, but I am making myself drink Water.< /p>

Glad your doing well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

BTW, I forgot to mention that I've lost 5 lbs. on the liquids...about a pound a day. I'll take it! I actually have more energy, too. Been walking each day, too - something my surgeon requires.

I'm getting sleeved on the 22nd of September! I start my pre-OP diet on Monday. I'm excited but nervous about the liquid diet. Any advice on staying motivated would be great lol.

. My NUT scared us in the pre op class. She said if we don't follow the liquids only plan and the liver doesn't soften and shrink, he will stop the surgery, close up and not do it. That's motivation enough for me. I'd die of embarrassment.

Well I am post op day 3!!!! So far so good. Not much pain. Getting my fluids in. I even drove home yesterday from South Carolina to Virginia!!!! Good luck to all who are being sleeved this week!!!!

Hello everyone I'm new to this I just had my sleeve done 9/11 felling OK for the most part but hungry I will start my Protein tomorrow all tho im kind of worried everyone who has gone through this says they had difficulty to go to the restroom while im the opposite (diarrhea)

Hello everyone I'm new to this I just had my sleeve done 9/11 felling OK for the most part but hungry I will start my Protein tomorrow all tho im kind of worried everyone who has gone through this says they had difficulty to go to the restroom while im the opposite (diarrhea)

congrats on being done with the surgery !! Hope u are feeling well. I don't know what is worse Constipation or the opposite , they both stink!

This may sound weird, but with my date of 9/24, I am not so much scared for the surgery, the liquid diet, any anticipated pain from surgery. I am scared to death of being "skinny" if my body takes me to that point. I would like to lose 150 pounds and I can't even imagine what that is going to be like. A whole new world, new looks from people, perhaps more respect from others. I hate clothes shopping now, and I will inevitably have to buy more clothes, but will my mind ever "match" my body??? I know therapy will help, and I have a fantastic psychologist who specializes with morbid obesity. I am thankful for this board, to just, "let it out". Thanks for reading. Best wishes to all the other September sleevers!!!!

:wacko:

Hey!Congratulations on your surgery .yes diarrhea. Is normal for first week ,dont worry it be normal after that..remember you havnt ate anything to make you have a normal stool just liquids...

I am so excited leave tomorrow for surgery Tuesday morning! You guys I feel like such a jerk Thursday when I had my consult with my surgeon I kept rambling on about all sorts of nonsense all of the legitimate questions I had I never asked... I am such an idiot! I guess I was so nervous and excited I couldn't even think. Anyone else had that problem? Do you think that I will have a chance to speak with him the morning of the procedure?