Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone want to be fat again?

I was saggy before -- especially in the belly after 3 c-sections. Arms were kinda flabby even with the weight.

I'll take sag over flab any day. I'm wearing sleeveless dresses and waving those arms.

I would rather have some loose skin than be on medications for diabetes. Or worse yet lose a foot or go blind. Yeah, I can already see loose skin and I've only lost 70 lbs and have many more to go, but I will take that. It's a reminder of the hell I've put my body through for the last 31 years. Maybe one day I will go to Mexico when I am all said and done losing and have the wings clipped, or maybe not. I don't know...

So I can totally relate to what Yummy was trying to say "in a way". When I looked at friends who had lost massive amounts of weight some of them older some of them younger. Some of them losing more weight then I would need to and some of them less. In their faces I could see this Skelator look. They had the hollow eyes and cheeks and thin lips and when they were dressed up in their shape wear and had their make up they looked awesome..but that was a lot of work to good! When they didn't do all that...I was scared. I thought hell I might as well stay fat and look young and enjoy my curves and plump figure.

I started having issues and getting sick and my weight was the reason...and it was time to shed some pounds. I asked these friends and I started my research, and I found that those that lost the weight by crash dieting and not eating nutritious food but starved their bodies to lose weight were the Skelators. Those that lost the weight quickly in 10 pound buckets or more at a clip were the Skelators, and I knew that I didn't want to go that route and I used that to hide behind keeping my weight where it was.

Then I started to get sick and my husband was also experiancing weight related issues. There was no way to hide it that to be healthy I needed to lose the weight and I needed help to do it. So we prepared for weight loss surgery and signed up together to lose the weight and do it as healthy as possible.

All of a sudden I found myself looking for saggy skin and wanting it!!! I wanted to see some skin sag! I wanted that belly to deflate and hang! It's a bit uncomfortable...and yeah I can see a Tummy Tuck in my future, but I work on it as best I can. I go to the gym at least 5 days a week I weight train and tone I do my crunches and I suck that belly into the shape wear to keep gravity from having it's ugly way with it and stretching it out more! But I love my saggy skin!!! It's motivation for me, I see it and I know I have lost that weight! I see it and I think just like my High School diploma...no one needs to see it but I earned it!

Eventually I will find a way to give it up and tuck it away, cause when I reach that point that I am at goal and maintained that goal I will have earned that too!!!

Oh and no I didn't turn into Skelator! The only times my eyes look sunken in is because I have circles under them from not enough sleep, cause I am so busy running around enjoying life!!

No fatness for me! I loved my body when I was fat but it didn't love me back. Today I love my body with all my sags, bags and bat wings, and it loves me back by taking me everywhere I want to go with out pain, and sickness!

Yeah! going through this last two years of hell has left me with the feeling of ' boy do I want to be fat again.' NOT!!!!!!! Couldn't be happier..No matter how much skin is hanging around! ha!

@allielee. I got a squattie potty, too, and have found that really helps. Like yoga, in a way!

Never going back to being fat! Love this vitality. Up at 4:30 thinking how long until I meet up with today's walking partner. Fitting into regular clothes -- medium right off the rack. Not out of pain (arthritis) but so friggin happy. Funny, even when I was heavy I was more self conscious in clothing then out of it. It's being out in the world and feeling judged that kept me down, not being naked at home with a spouse who loves me young, old, heavy, slim. I'm 52 and every one is saying how much younger I look. Snow white hair since 30. I think that perception about youth is about how happy and confident I am and choosing sassy clothes, holding my head up, laughing my crazy loud laugh and not hiding. So, after this great thread I am going to reconsider my extreme fear of sleeveless tops and dresses. Maybe I should not give a damn. Maybe my arms are fine -- after all, when I was thin in my twenties I thought I was fat -- had no idea then what was coming. So maybe that's a lesson to enjoy the bodies we have while we have them. Age happens. Life happens. Let's enjoy our lives and our bodies.

Everyone is different, but I've not thought about wanting to be fat again even for a fraction of a second. In fact, I'm afraid about regaining as I have in the past.

I love being healthy and having lots of energy.

@Bandista I think I love you! :) Go for the sleeveless dresses and tops... just get something low cut to distract from the arms! lol

Absolutely not! And believe me...Im almost 50 and once weighed 385...I have much skin! But nothing control top panty hose and a good bra can't handle! I went to give blood yesterday and my blood pressure was 119/72 with no meds! I had been on blood pressure meds since I was 18 years old! I went to the beach this year with my family..I wore a one piece and swim shorts and had a ball!! Spent most of my time in the ocean with my kids on a raft...I haven't been able to do that in years!! I wear a size 18 now...almost a 16 and I am thrilled about it! I once wore a 36 pant! And I feel great!! So I say again...absolutely not!

I took and still take Biotin for the hair issue...I have a head full again! Also, I take 3 stool softeners a day...you can get them at Sam's for under $10 I believe...problem solved. I wish you the best and pray that you become comfortable with the new you!

Never. You don't die from saggy skin. You can die from obesity related health conditions. I'll those the saggy skin any day. Although I do hope to have plastics some day.

Hell no! I'm only down 60 pounds and can already feel what a positive difference weight loss is having on me, my family, and my life. There are potential drawbacks to everything...even being skinny. But I'm willing to take my chances rather than the misery of poor health, airplane seat belt extenders, premium prices for plus size clothes, and not being able to do the things I want or enjoy.

No way!!!!!!! I've been able to stop some meds. I'm no longer plagued with headaches. I look fantastic and my hubby tells me every day how sexy I am. (he told me before my weight loss too btw). I feel awesome!

Oh my god! Greatest thread ever!

Heck no I wouldn't trade being fat again for no "snow-woman skin that looks like it's melting off of my body" would rather have all of my loose skin then the disgusting round belly and fat face and bum and enormous boobs that I was carrying before. Not to mention the billions of medications I was on, not to mention couldn't walk five steps without being totally out of breath, not to mention having total sweat stains in the middle of friggen winter...IN CANADA....not to mention all of the rude arse people and their looks and ignorance. Nah I wouldn't trade being healthy AND HAPPY for any amount! Love this saggy body. My doc told me to view my body as a reminder-just like mothers and their stretch marks from carrying their babies-just like war veterans(yes compared my body to a war veteran) WEAR YOUR SKIN WITH PRIDE! And maybe a lil bit of Spanx :) just focus on the good and deal with the bad.

Pride and spanx!! LOVE IT

@allielee. I got a squattie potty, too, and have found that really helps. Like yoga, in a way!

What is a squatty potty?