Anyone want to be fat again?

67 posts in this topic

Hell no! I'm only down 60 pounds and can already feel what a positive difference weight loss is having on me, my family, and my life. There are potential drawbacks to everything...even being skinny. But I'm willing to take my chances rather than the misery of poor health, airplane seat belt extenders, premium prices for plus size clothes, and not being able to do the things I want or enjoy.

No way!!!!!!! I've been able to stop some meds. I'm no longer plagued with headaches. I look fantastic and my hubby tells me every day how sexy I am. (he told me before my weight loss too btw). I feel awesome!

Oh my god! Greatest thread ever!

Heck no I wouldn't trade being fat again for no "snow-woman skin that looks like it's melting off of my body" would rather have all of my loose skin then the disgusting round belly and fat face and bum and enormous boobs that I was carrying before. Not to mention the billions of medications I was on, not to mention couldn't walk five steps without being totally out of breath, not to mention having total sweat stains in the middle of friggen winter...IN CANADA....not to mention all of the rude arse people and their looks and ignorance. Nah I wouldn't trade being healthy AND HAPPY for any amount! Love this saggy body. My doc told me to view my body as a reminder-just like mothers and their stretch marks from carrying their babies-just like war veterans(yes compared my body to a war veteran) WEAR YOUR SKIN WITH PRIDE! And maybe a lil bit of Spanx :) just focus on the good and deal with the bad.

@allielee. I got a squattie potty, too, and have found that really helps. Like yoga, in a way!

What is a squatty potty?

I just didn't expect to still have to wear loose clothes to hide my saggy ass and back boobs! When u pair that with constant hunger having zero energy and tearing my ass every time I have to poop and my hair falling out so bad I'm going to have to wear a hat for the next year and becoming a social recluse cos I can't go out to eat anymore and can't enjoy food anymore loosing my boobs and the frustratingly slow weight loss only 50lbs in 7 months then yes maybe my expectations were too high

I think you need to see your nutrionist, some of these things dont make sense. I am less than 3 months into this and lost 65 lbs, my enegy level is up, i am not hungry, i am not constipate...yes i am losing my hair but if your hair lost has not stopped yet its a definite sign that you are missing nutrients. You didnt look good being fat, i promise you that, over the years uou have convince yourself of that...and now you have some mourning to do because reality is there and you are actuslly letting the miror return you the real image. I do understand that its depressing, i just went through a phase where i was questionning myself about the social aspect of food, we dont go out, family dinner eveery ni are never going to be the same, i cannot drink, and yes i do miss being bad and munching on the wrong things...i love to eat and now thats gone. But what you are going through right now is like when you break up with someone and you miss the sex, and you try to convince yourself it was a good relationship, and you hook up again only to find out that you really arent meant to be together....yes the sex is awsome, but the rest is crap and problems. Be free of the past

Good luck

I hope never to be fat again. No regrets about having gastric bypass, even after the complications of a bowel obstruction (surgically corrected) and constipation. Life is never perfect but I find being at a reasonable weight makes everything easier. I am grateful for my surgery and my surgeon and would do it all over again, complications, pain, and all. My main challenge is now to maintain healthful food choices. At two years post op, I do crave foods that I thought I would never again crave so I must focus more on the willpower part. Gastric bypass has made it easier to maintain, but I know that it is not "the" solution. Eating properly and getting the right amount of activity are the solution and gastric bypass has increased my chances of long term success.

Wishing everyone success in the weightless journey!

Niquee likes this 1 Like this

Care to share what Protein powder that was?

Chike High Protein coffee. It contains the equivalent of two real espresso shots, so it replaces my morning coffee in addition to supplying 20 gr protein. I buy it on Amazon. I could never find a Protein Powder that I liked until someone suggested it. If I make it with Water and crushed ice in the blender it tastes just like a Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolatta - delicious! My surgical team allows caffeine after three months because caffeine has been proven to help with constipation. I've been using Chike protein daily since the beginning of April this year and have not been constipated even once since starting it. I don't know if it's the caffeine or not - but it works and I love the taste! :-)