Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

But you are losing it faster so thats a good thing. I hope it doesn't last as long as mine with no end in sight. I am only eating 900cal. a day including Protein if I try to eat anything other than fruit it really flares up. and if I eat or drink more than 4ozs I will almost vomit.

I am not eating and barely drinking. Maybe ten oz of sf gatorade a day and a cheesestick. That is it. I really don't think the nausea is going away. The drs are not trying to find out where it is coming from, only trying to mask it. Last night I tried to eat a little bit and it got stuck for 6 hours. This is not fun at all.

I am not eating and barely drinking. Maybe ten oz of sf gatorade a day and a cheesestick. That is it. I really don't think the nausea is going away. The drs are not trying to find out where it is coming from, only trying to mask it. Last night I tried to eat a little bit and it got stuck for 6 hours. This is not fun at all.

I know the stuck feeling, My Bariactric doctor recommended for me to see my gastroenterologist

and she looking at my surgery records to determine what test I might need done. Are you getting enough Protein and Water it's a must It takes me 16hrs sometime to get in but you have to or you will be malnurish. I hope things get better for you :)

I know the stuck feeling, My Bariactric doctor recommended for me to see my gastroenterologist

and she looking at my surgery records to determine what test I might need done. Are you getting enough Protein and Water it's a must It takes me 16hrs sometime to get in but you have to or you will be malnurish. I hope things get better for you :)

No I am not. Barely any Protein and about 10 oz of Water a day. Nausea since surgery 5 weeks ago...

No I am not. Barely any Protein and about 10 oz of Water a day. Nausea since surgery 5 weeks ago...

Oh No Pik, you must have at least 40 to 60oz of Water a day to keep your kidney from failing is your urine dark and are you urinating less.

You need at least 60gm of baractic Protein to keep you from starving, your hair will fall out and you will have kidney and liver and heart problems.

Are you taking bariactric Vitamins? it's a must you have to take them daily.

Does your dr. know this please contact them you might have to be hospitalized to hydrate you. and give you some nurishment. :huh:

Oh No Pik, you must have at least 40 to 60oz of Water a day to keep your kidney from failing is your urine dark and are you urinating less.

You need at least 60gm of baractic Protein to keep you from starving, your hair will fall out and you will have kidney and liver and heart problems.

Are you taking bariactric Vitamins? it's a must you have to take them daily.

Does your dr. know this please contact them you might have to be hospitalized to hydrate you. and give you some nurishment. :huh:

My dr does know what is going on. No Vitamins either. Them make me pretty sick. I actually have an appointment with one of the partners today. I have been seeing them for the past 2 weeks, and then this week makes 3. It is not a good situation at all.

My dr does know what is going on. No Vitamins either. Them make me pretty sick. I actually have an appointment with one of the partners today. I have been seeing them for the past 2 weeks, and then this week makes 3. It is not a good situation at all.

Pik, pls keep me informed :unsure: :unsure: gentle hugs

Pik, pls keep me informed :unsure: :unsure: gentle hugs

I will. I just got off the phone with the dietitian and she is giving me examples of things to try and they all just make my stomach turn. meat babyfood. Oh God.

I did partially freeze about 3oz of a Protein shake just now and I got that down, so I guess that's good. I see my dr in an hour.

I TOTALLY understand what you are going through - have had same issue for over a week now. I just cant get the drinks down. As soon as the smell hits my nose my stomach turns -no matter what kind or what I have put in it! I thought for a few days that I might have a stricture - and was actually scheduled for upper GI today - but cancelled because other things were staying down. So now just got off phone with my NUT and she said the only alternative would be the "unflavored" Protein (makes everything look and taste like glue n chalk so how the heck is that unflavored?). She did tell me I could have a veggie/black bean patty with melted cheese (yeah!!!!) I am a big texture person so this has really been a tough few weeks! Hope that you are able to get to a better place with your issues!

I just got home from the dr. He is doing an ASAP endoscopy scheduled for Monday. I told him I wished he had done it the last time I was in the hospital. He said everything was moving through fine on the upper gi so he didn't feel like he had to at the time.

I may have to be admitted and they would place a semi-permanent iv in my arm for me to receive fluids at night. They may have to go back in and rework the surgery. I hope not...

They may have to place a feeding tube. I feel like I didn't sign up for any of this! One thing I will say is that we are all pretty sure that it is my hernia repair causing all of the issues, not the RNY. While I wish it wasn't happening, it kind of makes me feel good. The hernia repair was the surgery I had to have, and I did not have to have the RNY. So this probably would have happened either way.

He said he is gonna have to open things up at the hernia repair. He thinks there is a bit of an issue there.

Freeze your Protein shake so it is sort of slushy. That is working better for me. I think because of the nausea, everything is just vile.

I told him I felt like I was gonna be one of those strange malnourished overweight people....

Please keep us up to date, PIK. All hoping the best for you!

I just got home from the dr. He is doing an ASAP endoscopy scheduled for Monday. I told him I wished he had done it the last time I was in the hospital. He said everything was moving through fine on the upper gi so he didn't feel like he had to at the time.

I may have to be admitted and they would place a semi-permanent iv in my arm for me to receive fluids at night. They may have to go back in and rework the surgery. I hope not...

They may have to place a feeding tube. I feel like I didn't sign up for any of this! One thing I will say is that we are all pretty sure that it is my hernia repair causing all of the issues, not the RNY. While I wish it wasn't happening, it kind of makes me feel good. The hernia repair was the surgery I had to have, and I did not have to have the RNY. So this probably would have happened either way.

He said he is gonna have to open things up at the hernia repair. He thinks there is a bit of an issue there.

Freeze your Protein shake so it is sort of slushy. That is working better for me. I think because of the nausea, everything is just vile.

I told him I felt like I was gonna be one of those strange malnourished overweight people....

I am glad that they have a plan, Plz hang in there and keep us posted.

They found a stricture. I may have to have one or two more endoscopies to have it opened up more. I just hope that this will be the solution.

They found a stricture. I may have to have one or two more endoscopies to have it opened up more. I just hope that this will be the solution.

Pik I'm so glad that they found the problem. have they scheduled you for the endo yet?

Rosetta

Pik I'm so glad that they found the problem. have they scheduled you for the endo yet?

Rosetta

I had it today, that's how they found it.