Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

None yet, I am going to be fighting that huge fight next year. I want to be at or near goal for 6 months or so before I have surgery. ~Mandy

hi girls I have this problem it started about 6 years after my hysterectomy and I am lobsided too my right side is way larger than my left side is, the right side breaks out, turns red and has a smelly dampness to it yep that really stinks lol on me for sure, well I do keep myself clen all the time but maybe if they saw mine they would flip out for sure and give me an instant approval.

My lapband was not covered, but I was told this week that my insurance company does cover the panniculectomy. Here's what I was found out:

The reason my band was not covered was because any type of weight loss program/surgery is excluded, however the pannicultectomy is NOT for weight loss (even though you will drop a few pounds). Also, excess skin is not considered a "complication" of the surgery. There are multiple codes for pannus removal, so I would try to find a plastic surgeon who specializes in plastic surgery after weight loss, as they will be more familiar with the insurance problems patients like us face. I am very excited that mine will be covered. I do have to show medical necessity but with as large as mine is it will be no problem.

Also, if you want to PREVENT rashes, try antipersperant (sp?) right after your shower in the morning. Apply liberally. I have found that it makes a world of difference. There's also a product called Body Glide, but I have never tried it as I have not found it in stores. I believe it's only available on the net or possibly a specialty store.

Body Glide is available at almost any sporting goods store. I use it when we go to Disney, between my thighs and around my belly. It woks really well. ~Mandy

I'm baaaack!! It wasn't nearly the trauma I expected! And I'm 16 pounds lighter!!! The dr took before pix and guess he'll take after pix next week.

I spent one night in the hospital, one night at my son's, and then came home back to the little house in the woods. I'm walking upright, even bent over to load the dishwasher today. I have taken 2 pain pills and a some Tylenol since the surgery. No drain tubes at all!

Right now it's UGLY.......but no drain tubes, no bandages, just steri-strips. I go back in about a week. But I can see things down there I haven't seen in years!! And it feels really wierd walking without a bag of fat flopping against my legs. It had gotten lopsided, like someone mentioned earlier, and caused me balance problems. I now have a lap!! And I can see my legs above my knees......they are kinda skinny!! I can't wait to try to cross them when the belly swelling goes down.

The nurses at the TX Inst. for Surgery on Greenville Ave in Dallas couldn't say enough good things about my surgeon.....they said they love taking care of his patients because they have less pain and quicker recovery than any other PS they work with. (Dr. Todd Pollock and his father, Dr. Harlan Pollock).I also was heavily loaded with Protein from the last 16 mo. and that helps in the healing (I do 100 gr./day).

As for the TX Inst. for Surgery.....it was like a visit to a Hilton Hotel. Beautiful place, state of the art facilities. they have a website). They do mostly day surgeries, but have 9 overnight rooms. The night I was there they had two patients and we had 2 RN's, a CMT, and a security guard right by our doors 24/7. They were all wonderful. So was the food...too bad I can't eat much but my family enjoyed it!

I've posted most of this elsewhere on the board but I know things get scattered sometimes and I did want to give you an update.

I wish all of you as good an experience as I have had so far. Even tho my little round belly above the incision is still swollen and purple (think "Barney") I'm very please pleased so far. Maybe I can get the rest of it carved off after another 50 pounds or so. But the PS said there was no reason to wait on the pani removal.....it wasn't going anywhere by itself ever! And I know I'll be able to walk and exercise better now (how's that for an excuse!).

Thanks for the PM's and the inquiries!!

Gayle, I'm so excited to hear about your progress! So are you in the 100's now (did you update your numbers are the bottom of your sig)?

Way to go Gayle I have a lopsided one too my left side is pratcially normal but what happened to my right side is unknown to me. I think when I had my hysterestomy that the Dr. might have removed the muscle or something. I am going to see what my sergon says he does plactic surgery so maybe he can do something about this. I have my approval letter from my Health plan and it is going to cover everything pre and post surgery and if something else needs to be done he just has t submit an new claim I guess. It would be wonderful if he could do this when he does my lap Band, heck I will be out light a light anyway. Mine is not huge but it has caused me some tissue breakdowns and rashes and sometimes it oozes but I keep it clean and use cornstartch. Well I am glad that you can see your legs and your feet it must be wonderful not to have that hanging around again and just think what you will look like in pants now. I can see it already.

Sharon

derbygirl.........when I checked in I was at 213. They amputated 16 pounds and when I came out I weighed 217. Now I'm not good at math, but that didn't set too well with me!! Now at Day 5 I'm down to 202.5. I still have lots of swelling so guess I will eventually get down to Onederland but I had sure hoped to see it immediately. Wish someone had warned me!

derbygirl.........when I checked in I was at 213. They amputated 16 pounds and when I came out I weighed 217. Now I'm not good at math, but that didn't set too well with me!! Now at Day 5 I'm down to 202.5. I still have lots of swelling so guess I will eventually get down to Onederland but I had sure hoped to see it immediately. Wish someone had warned me!

I was told by my doc that the reason people gain weight after they have surgery (even if they have something removed) is because they are pumped full of I.V. fluids. We all know how much Water weight can push you up and down in just 24 hours.

I can imagine how frustrating that was, Gayle. Glad to hear it disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Are you still on pain meds

Oh, also, how did your doc document your balance issue? Did you fall down at some point? I never thought about bringing this up with my doc because I knew there was nothing she could do, but I can't change half of the lightbulbs at my house because they require a tall ladder and I just can't balance well enough to trust them.

derby........no, he didn't ask for any examples, etc. He just wrote what I told him in his letter to ins. co. (back aches, balance). I really think it was the picture that did it.

OMG I need some help from you, if you wouldnt mind. I have GHI HMO and have lost 100+ lbs and I am consulting with Dr Winski about a TT this week. I didnt see your pics but I am so curious to know 1. how you got the insurance to approve it, and 2. your experience with Dr winski. Did he do a fantastic job? Are you happy with the results? Can you share your experience with me? Thanks so much you can email me at certifiedcoder621@gmail.com if you wouldnt mind, I will keep searching the site and see if I can view your pics.

derby........no, he didn't ask for any examples, etc. He just wrote what I told him in his letter to ins. co. (back aches, balance). I really think it was the picture that did it.

Dear GayTX, where are you in TX? Im in Houston and so far away from surgery at this point but checking with insurance and everything already! (so anxious).

I read about your good experience and how open your doc was and I would like to visit him if he is close! My insurance said my doctor have to show them all kind of documents and depends how he ask for the surgery they will covered! :clap2: I'm so happy to have a hope to see my flat belly on day!!! :whoo:

Blessings!

I am very soory that I have not posted pics but I cannot resize them to fit . If anyone would like to advise please feel free. I'm listening