Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Chat for NJ!!!!

I am so sorry Kat for all you and Rick are going through I hope it all works out for the both of you.....Gob Bless you both...

I hope everyone else is doing good....I have been so busy with birthday parties and just being outside with the beautiful weather we have been having.....

We just made our reservations for Disney in Fl.....Anyone have any suggestions on the park prices and where I could go to get cheap tickets...There are 4 adults and and three kids going....we would like to try to get to at least four or so parks....but with the price of them now looking for a cheaper way to go....would appreciate any suggestions/.....

Good luck all

Deb

PS...lost 32 pounds to date....

I would check out the links to tickets brokers at www.allearsnet.com

I have used maple leaf tickets and had really good success with them. Also www.mousesavers.com has good ticket prices posted, sign up for her news letter. When are you going? If you need help planning feel free to ask, I will do what I can to help. We go twice a year and I know the ins and outs of the parks, food and tickets. ~Mandy

We are going Dec. 1-8 ....My sister and I have been checking out different websites but not sure ...it says two tickets for $25 i am hesistate about them.....thank you for your help....Deb

Aviod those ticket places. You want one that works with Disney directly. The super cheap tickets are usually fake or used. There is no way to tell what is left on a ticket until you are at the gate. Trust me, aviod Ebay, and those ticket places that have deals too good to be true. ~Mandy

Hey everyone, am I the only one on here anymore? I know the weather is nice but don't forget to check in now and again.

I worked at Abi's school today, I just love working with her class. It's amazing to see the light bulb come on when it all clicks for them. I have a few that are sharp as a tack, and then others that have taken all year for some of it to soak in. But it seems that in the last few weeks the lights are really starting to pop on. I work in a new program called "the reading room" it is a 30 min hands on program that teaches the basics of reading in a simple easy to learn way. The kids have gone from knowing nothing to really reading. It's cool to watch.

I am still waiting for the 25th to see the surgeon. I am hurting more today then I have in a long time.

I gave in and made an appointment with my band surgeon to have a slight unfill, I am too tight. I feel like I'm in an AA meeting. My name is Mandy and I have an over adjusted band. This will be unfill number 2 in 6 months. We did an unfill in Nov, and then refilled some in Feb, now I am too tight again. I am doing the Prilosec OTC and it's working very well, the reflux is 95% gone. But I am still PB'ing more than I should. Like today I couldn't get pudding down. I have an appointment on friday for a slight unfill. I'll keep you guys updated. ~Mandy

Hi everyone!

Good for you, Mandy. I say it's much better to be under-filled than over-filled...if you are looking at the long term. I'm proud of you for taking care of yourself! The reading program sure sounds great! It is fun to work with the kids...sometimes even when you don't want to, after you leave you are glad you did it!

Deb, for sure Mandy knows what she is talking about when it comes to Disney...so be sure to make use of her know-how! If you want to go to 4 parks, I'd definitely go for the Magic Your Way or Park Hopper...the link is www.allearsnet.com. (Mandy left out the "r"). This is a great site for planning Disney trips. You can get some tips for saving some $$, but don't ruin your trip by buying iffy tickets.

Looks like a lot of us are heading to Orlando this year!

While ya'll are praying for Kat, could I request prayers for my friend and neighbor, Ramon, who was in an accident last night? He was working for the electric co, driving a big work truck, when a drunk driver crossed into his lane and hit him head on. That drunk driver was killed, and Ramon has a serious head injury, and they've had to remove part of his skull to relieve pressure from the swelling. I've been told he is not responding, and has no brain activity as of now. Also, many crushed bones in his legs...and he is intubated, of course. It is hard to get a lot of information at this point, since it happened at midnight last night, and his wife Penny has not been home since she was awakened in the middle of the night with this horrible news.

Life is precious; we should never take our loved ones for granted. Please pray for this family; there are 4 children, all middle and high schoolers.

Hugs to you all,

Cindy

Wow Cindy... How awful for your friend and for his family. Hugs to you and many prayers being sent.

Kat - you and dh are in my prayers

Cindy - sending your friend an angel to help him.

Been away but reading...lots going on in this household that should be over soon...I hope ;) My family just never ceases to amaze me. Just when you think things are peaceful...UGH.

SO looking forward to my trip with Chris...awwww I need a hug from Mickey :(

<p>Congrats on your cabin Darcy! Hmmm maybe I need to stow away with you for a bit hee hee</p>

I hate the problem with the edit feature. I had already edited that post twice, and I still missed stuff. I hope they get that fixed soon, the smileys drive me batty. It's like they are laughing at me cuz I messed up a post.

Cindy, I will pray for your friend just like I am praying for Kat and Rick. The red x means it's time to redo the ticker. (somethings not right with the current HTML or it's no longer available from the site it came from)

I am off to bed, I took a sleeping pill and a double scoop of chocolate ice cream......I mean a sleeping pill and a HUGE glass of Water. ;) ~Mandy

This is too cute, but watch it all. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno]YouTube - Otters holding hands[/ame]

Dave say's no otters for pets either. ;)

Hey Guys,

Its late but I need to update you on what happened during pre-op.

It's my blood pressure..... it's sky high and all the doctors fear a stroke. Half the day yesterday they cancelled my surgery and then later I was back on the calendar. I was exhausted from being there from 7am to 3pm.

In a nutshell.... I need to be on meds. Possibly monitored for 1 week. If the PCP decides that, then I will have surgery on 5/21. If the PCP sees me and thinks I'll do fine with 4 days of meds then I will have surgery on 5/14. Sooooo, I see the dr tomorrow afternoon. The outcome to this little drama is yet to be revealed.

I'll stop by after the dr's .

Thank you all for the prayers and all angels! My friend's condition is unchanged, which means very little brain activity and lots of brain swelling. He has suffered a stroke. The bones in his legs are broken or crushed. They did a CT Scan today to check on his brain. He is so young, and such a good person. I've often thought of him as an angel himself. Thanks again.

I'm still praying for all of you, and especially Kat and Rick...hope Sherry's son is recovering, and pray that Patty's blood pressure is able to be controlled. We need Mandy's gyno problems to be properly diagnosed and treated...what am I missing? Goodness, I'm sure we'll see some moves in positive directions soon!

DH, DD, and I are going up to OU to my nephew's graduation tomorrow, and will return Saturday night...so I'll be back in touch Sunday. Until then, many hugs and prayers for all of you!

Cindy

Gosh, so many prayers needed here this week, sending one for all of you.

I'm sorry I have been trying to read all the posts just have been extremely busy this week. I'll try to catch up with you all this weekend!

Just because I am not posting doesn't mean I am not thinking about each and everyone of you!

Hugs!