Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Chat for NJ!!!!

OOOoooh, the dark chocolate and almond color scheme is making me want a candy bar!!! Seriously, though, that sounds really beautiful! And like LOTS of work!

Congrats, Kat, on the new computer! You'll get used to it! How's Rick doing?

Yeah, Sherry, I didn't tell anyone besides you guys that I had a "day off"! LOL! I've been cleaning out stuff, and there's plenty of stuff to clean out. Cleaning baseboards????? I can't even get to mine! Good for you, though!

Betty, it poured rain here this morning for half an hour or so...hope you got some rain, too.

We have no plans for this Memorial Day...we used to go to Kansas to decorate the graves, but with the mess around my grandmother's estate, that is not possible any longer...my dad said maybe in the future, after the land sale is complete, we will all go up there ahead of time and do our part, without my aunt knowing about it; not this year, though. Sigh. It's just very disappointing how people act about $$.

Well, off I go...got the errands to complete, and if I get those done quickly, I might have time to do something fun (???). Sure.

Hugs to all!

Cindy

Hungry and depressed.

I was completely alone yesterday and so I called the kids, it was 11am. Taylor answered the phone and told me his dad and trish went house hunting at 9am in Perris which is an hours drive away. The kids sounded OK but I was upset that Dan would do something this thoughtless. I called back at 1pm and the kids were still alone and they had not eaten lunch. By this time 4hrs have passed and I was getting real mad. I got Taylor & Channing involved with lunch making by giving them instructions ie; someone get drinks and the other one prepare the microwave food. As soon as I knew they were eating I hung up. What idiot leaves 4 kids with disabilities alone for 5+ hours! The boys told me that a toliet overflowed and they didn't know what to do -- what was Dan gonna do in a real emergency? Yes, I leave the boys to get my hair done but I am no more than 5minutes away and my girlfriend lives on the property. This is exactly why I have a hard time leaving the kids and why the delay in surgery was never a real issue. How can I recover knowing that my children aren't being cared for. I am one week out and should I take the kids back even though I can't bend over, cook meal or drive??? I just want to report the bastard. Maybe losing complete custody might rattle his cage! I am venting, lonely and depressed. I miss the children and am sick over it. Need to have a good cry.

Not that this is real helpful...but, the depression is pretty common after surgery. All you have to do is just wait it out. I've seen lots and lots of people about a week out go through it; it DOES get better.

The kids, now that's a totally different thing. You know the situation best, and you'll make a good decision. You also know how good you are feeling, and no one else does. I was able to drive at a week out, but I was still tender in the port area. Patty, everyone has different pain thresholds and stress thresholds, so you are going to have to evaluate yours and decide what you can handle, and if that balances out the stress of not having the kids where you can keep an eye on them. I know that must be driving you crazy!

How are you doing with the healing? The hungries? Hope you are getting along okay with that...

(((HUGS)))

Cindy

OK---here's my opinion!!! Well you kinda ask!!! If you can instruct the boys over the phone how to prepare an easy meal, you can do it in your own kitchen with them as well. They would likely be help, and it is a great learning opportunity, and as you say, you do have help nearby. Worrying and being unable to get to them would get me worse than any post op pain. You will be feeling good as new any day, and will probably get there quicker knowing they are fine. Bring 'em home!!! Let them zap YOUR lunch in the microwave---soup is easy!!! Teach them how to carefully make a grilled cheese to go with it. You could always resort the the toaster and then pop it in the microwave to melt the cheese. They will survive a few days of different meals than usual, at least you would know they were having a meal. And I would tell D-EX-H that I wanted them back or I would be reporting him. He doesn't like it??? Too damn bad!!

Hang in there Patty, you can handle them, you could use the company as well!!!

Kat

Good Morning Y'all!

I'm running late as usual, that darn coffee tastes too good in the morning and I just sit and watch the news and drink coffee too long.

Pat - Glad to see your lovely post here! I miss you alot when you are gone!

Patty - You just need to bring the boys home and you'll be fine. The more you move around the better it gets for you, and they'll make you do some of that! I went back to work on my 4th day and did fine. I also started cooking on my second day and while I moved slower and had be be careful bending everything worked out ok. You'll feel better with them home and you can see they are ok.

Cindy - We got a bunch of rain here too. I just told DH he needed to turn the sprinklers back on because everything was so dry. He turned them on and it watered, then it rained!

Mandy - Your new paint sounds really pretty. I bought the paint to do some and I have only done 1 door!

Eileen - Hey girl! Glad to see you here! I miss you tons when you can't post. My flower beds are full of weeds! We had so much rain since I pulled the them first time, they are double this time! I'm glad you didn't get any bad damage from the storm, it gets pretty scarey sometimes!

Beanie - How is the new job going and how are you doing?

Sherry - Congrats on the great job on the course! Now you can teach someone else in all that spare time you have! (right)

Chrispy - How's the dating scene going?

Deb - How are you doing? Hope the family is fine!

Darcy - Hey girl, what's up?

I am 25 minutes late getting in the shower, I gotta run. I hope I didn't miss anyone but I can't play anymore right now! I'll catch you later!

Hey everyone - I'm alive! The wedding was Sunday and it was a blast! A little soggy with all the rain, but by the time the ceremony was over the sun was out. There were a few tears at the reception, but there were some very touching moments that will make wonderful memories. Here's a pic. I'll see if I can find a pic of the dress to post as well. They were very pretty.

As far as the dating life is going, I'm still out there dating. I'm meeting someone new tomorrow night, he seems nice, but we'll see. I also went out with a 29 year old who was HOT and we're supposed to be going out again. I'm not sure he's relationship material but did I mention he was hot? lol. I'm just having some summer fun right now and when the right guy comes along I'll know it.

I've also been feeling like I really need to buckle down with this band. I've done ok so far, but I've really only been losing a couple pounds a month if I'm lucky. At this rate it will take me forever! I need to start working out, and I hope to start next week. I need to get things in order as I've been living in chaos for the past couple of months. If I don't start exercising next week, you can all yell at me! ;)

post-208325-13813135018904_thumb.jpg

Chrispy, this new guy may be hot, but you are smokin' !!!! You look great. ~Mandy

Oh Mandy you are waaaay too kind! The full body shot will show you where I need to lose the other 50 lbs from. lol

post-208325-13813135019246_thumb.jpg

Good Morning!

Chris:Who is that beautiful lady? You took my breath away!

Thank you gals for supporting me, this first week had it's moments. The children came to visit me yesterday and my big 14 year old actually cuddled with me, something he hasn't done in ages. They are desparately in need of a soft place. But I can't take them home just yet. Last night I went from my first grocery shopping trip and by the time I got to check-out my incisions felt "hot". When I got to the car I called my girlfriend and asked if she would meet me back home and unload -- it was one task I knew would send me over. I promised myself I would not push and taking on the kids at this time would be recipe for disaster. My Mom called last night and she arrived home from Hawaii. She sounded real tired but glad to be home. I worry for her every since her heart bypass and sometimes I think she does too much. I feel better knowing she's here in california. Mom wants to come see me next week and I think she will be arriving on the day of my post-op. It's also the day that Garrett go's off to science camp so I will be plenty emotional and will want to tell her all about waving bye to the yellow bus.

Well, my big plans today is to get a pedicure and take a nap. Com'on girls..... check in! :guess

Patty, I'm glad you got to see the kids and they are fine. Do you think they would be a good help to you? I know that my niece that is 15 is a great help around the house when she NEEDS to be.

Chrispy, I still think you are smokin'. You look FAB!!!.

We went to the ear nose and throat doctor again today. Abi's nose is still bleeding, we can't seem to get it stopped for any period of time. She is schedualed for surgery on the 5th of June. They are going to electro cautrize in her nose and also get a better look around in there. We went for lab work today and they had to do a bleed time test. Basically they cut her and then times how long it took her to stop bleeding. She was so brave, we had milk shakes for lunch. I could have used a mixed drink but had a cone instead. I have to try to control the bleeding until the 5th. It is really wearing me down, between having to keep her calm and all the cleaning/laundry. I'll pop back in later with an update. I've got to decide on supper. ~Mandy

Looking good Chris!!!! My DGD is a flower girl for my DD's sister's (on her Dads side) the latter part of June. My DD was complaining about how much the dress was, and hers....many things I will help with, this is not one. When she got married, and her 3 half sisters were in the wedding, I ended up buying their dresses, because their father is still worthless. Now I understand this is not the fault of ANY of his kids---but the one who is having this HUGE blow out wedding, with the dinner, dance...the whole 9 yards, has been with the boyfriend for 5 years, they have 2 sons, fight like crazy, he has been arrested twice for domestic abuse, and has been hospitalized from an attempted suicide! I am just staying as far from it all as possible. She actually sent me an invitation, but with Rick recovering I will not be able to attend---doggone it! Poor girl had no upbringing, I feel for the kids. I may not be perfect, but I have common sense, and am not addicted to alcohol and drugs, so at least when the Dad flaked, my DD had me and my family and eventually Rick and his family. His last 4 kids, had, make that have, no one. He is divorced now from their Mom, who is so involved with the new man, she ignores and prefers them to be with their Dad, who is a raging alcoholic, living with another alcoholic. Wonderful way to raise 3 teen girls! A bunch of losers....sad to say! I really, truly am not saying this simply due to our history and divorce. It really is a sad and scary situation.

Mandy--will Abi eat raisins? The ENT suggested them to me, for nutrition before I had my nose cauterized. Just make sure she brushes well after eating them. They are worse on teeth than a Hershey bar!

And keep lots of hydrogen peroxide around, it will take the blood out of most anything. Without harming the colors, in say sheets or furniture. Is Abi out of school then for the year with all this going on? Poor sweetie!!!

Been keeping busy getting things together for our trip this weekend, and also for the big Anniverasary party coming up. Ordered several things online. Looking to buy several more! $$$$$ this is NOT cheap! When we did Ricks folks 60th anniversary there were 4 siblings, all sharing in the cost, if not the work, one sister and I did it all!!! But in my family, I am it. My brother is unable to contribute, he will be helpful in getting the yard work ready, and other than that, this is my baby! But I have to do something 50 years is such a special accomplishment!

Wish me luck!!!

Beannie, must not be getting her phantom signal at night---I miss her!

And Darcy is hiding out in that new cabin pretending to rough it---but we saw the "cabin" and it is amazing!!!! I might be guilty of hiding out there too!!!

I am so lazy today---I am still in my jammie pants----it is rainy, and was so cold this morning---I just refuse to go outside!!! The place we are supposed to be going this weekend is in the mountains, and is known to be cold at night---but in the paper this morning, the state wide weather forcast shows their low tonight to be 28. And Rick expects us to camp out????? We may have to have a change of plans!!! I'm just not that brave!

Well my granddaughter is awake, and investigating the fact that Granny has a new computer---she has pronounced it COOL. But I am likely to lose everything if she keeps messing around, so will quit and post it now!!!

Take care everyone!!!

Kat

Hello Y'all!

Wow, Chrispy you look wonderful! You are one hot chick!

Patty - Glad to hear you are doing better! It won't be long until you are running all over the place.

Mandy - My thoughts are with you and Abi, I sure hope you get the problem corrected. I know it's hard on her and you!

Kat - You trip sounds wonderful! If it was just a little warmer, I would hide in your suitcase! 28 is too dang cold for me!

I miss all the gals on here, and I'll be glad when everyone is back with us! I guess we'll have to send out several monkeys!

Later!

Kat, Abi's last day will be the 5th. She only goes half a day so she really isn't missing much. We have graduation the 2nd and the big end of year fieldtrip on the 30th. It's a zoo trip, we are going but in our own car. I don't want to be stuck at the hot zoo with a bleeding child, if I have my car I can leave if needed. And if all is going well we can stay as long as we want. (well until the zoo closes anyway) Then we can grab lunch at a great little burrito place near the zoo. It costs me a whole $4 for both Abi and I for lunch,we share a steak and guac burrito and still have to toss some of it in the trash. I really don't know or want to know how they can stay open and make a profit with what they charge. We are also having a graduation party, and I offered to bring the cake. I ordered a luau themed cake that says congrats grads, and also Happy Birthday Abi. We are having a luau party for the kids, that sounds like fun.

Fri I see the surgeon about my laporoscopy and possible hystorectomy. I'll be so glad to have the pain gone. My mom is in Mexico right now, but she will be home to help us recover if needed. It's already hot here, it was 90 today. But will be in the 50's tonight. Gotta love Chicago weather. If not stand still it WILL change. LOL. ~Mandy

Mandy: I am so worried about your surgery. I hope your doctor has some positive info for you tomorrow. And I think about Abi all the time. Good thinking about taking your own car to the field trip. Lewis has his trip the following day to a nature center. His cardiology appointment that I made 1year ago was on the date of this field trip and since this is ALL that he talks about I broke down rescheduled his dr visit so that he could go with his classmates -- whats a Mom to do? OH, and just a word about having the twins home to help me..... not always the best thing. Both boys have Aspergers and just simple commands take extra, extra explaining and that just exhausts me further (thats without my new incisions). Tasking for the boys is a huge problem, which is why my Channing never turns in his homework. He will finish all but 1 problem but since it isn't done he won't turn it in. Flunking 2 classes. But since I am on medical leave that will just have to wait. I am truely the center of their world but I am FINALLY taking some time for myself. I will not rush my recovery.

OHHHH, I forget to tell you all yesterdays fiasco...... The High school here got EVACUTATED FROM A BOMB THREAT. I was So totally emotional, I felt like I was in a movie. My Ex called me to tell me that the twins had called and asked to be picked up from this evacuation. At that point no one had any information. I then turned on the TV and there was a breaking story about a 14year old with a backpack and hostages. Hours later, they arrested the kid and there were NO explosives. The school did the right thing by clearing the school and we all were nervous wrecks for the rest of the afternoon. When Dan drove up with the boys, they ran from the car into my arms. What relief. I recorded the news report and they wanted to see it. I gave everyone lunch and we just relaxed. A happy ending on post-op day 9. :(

Wow, Patty. I bet you WERE a nervous wreck! I am glad the school had a good crisis management plan ready and they used it. I don't guess very many people want to wrestle with the "whys" for these kids who are so miserable they want to kill themselves and others...???? It must be easier to make plans and do crisis management instead of prevention. (don't get me going on this one...)

Switch topics.

Chrispy, the pics are beautiful, which means YOU are Beautiful!!!!!

Kat, glad things are basically stable, which is good for now.

Mandy, well, here we are: summer! Hope you and Abi are planning some fun stuff! Can't wait to hear about your dr.'s report...and that something is going to be done to help your pain! That's just terrible to have to live with it, day after day.

Today I had my Mother's Day "pampering gift": a massage with aromatherpay, an eye mask, foot massage and sugar scrub! Yummy! Then I went to get my hair cut. So, it's a brand new me! Thought today would be a good day for it, with DD home now, every day! LOL!

Big storms here right now...how are things for you girls?

Hugs,

Cindy