Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Chat for NJ!!!!

Hi everyone!!!

We made it home yesterday--had a wonderful time this weekend. The rally was fun, weather a bit iffy. This rally is in the mountains, and it gets COLD!!! But the rides are incredible---huge tree covered peaks, and rolling grass valleys, or deep rock gorges (we go over the Royal Gorge on the way--you can feel it bounce and sway as trucks go over!!!) Lots of places ro ride to, things to see. We listened to some really good bands, ate yummy food--met nice people. Had one psycho woman move into the spot next to ours, and raise hell one night, she left the next day (wierd from the time they arrived, til they left!!), but all in all, she was mainly just good for laughs, never really affected us much!!! They set up a HUGE tent, and used our stakes---literally put us wall to wall with them! We didn't know that til the next morning, they set up in the dark while we were at the bon fire---but in the middle of the night (2:30 or 3:00AM) she woke us ALL up screaming at someone for being out so late, and she was cold, and couldn't get the lantern lit, and the asshole next door was snoring and she couldn't sleep!!! Throw the MF word in every other word, and you have the idea of her screaming fit!!! So the next morning my DH and the guys from the spot on the other side (4 guys 25-30 YO from Idaho) argued about who was the asshole!!! We don't like anything touching our tent--especially there, where it frosts up at night--because a tent will leak wherever it is touched and allow the moisture in---so we were going to move it to the other side of our friends tent, between them and 4 older guys from Colorado---and when we went to pull stakes, we found that they had used them instead of pounding their own!!! When Rick removed them, the back of their tent fell. OMG talk about mad!!! They never even looked at us to speak, so we could tell them why we moved it---they loaded up and left, her cussing and screaming the entire time! It was 2 women, and a younger guy. They had a 3-4 ROOM tent, it was huge! Made our little 10X10 pop up look dwarfed!!! They had those beds on a frame, with air mattresses, even throw rugs, and a small carpet roll on the floors! But one woman did nothing. She walked around camp a bit while the other threw things in the SUV cussing about having a MF heart attack....and the guy tried to be friendly, he waved good bye!!! But no one helped the angry woman. ONe of the young guys on the other side, offered she was rude and hateful so no one bothered her again. All in all their tent was up about 12 hours!!! They were at a very noisy camp ground (it is at a Y in the road, with roads going up mountain passes on either side of you with motorcycles roaring up the roads, echoing off the rock--so cool sounding!!! but VERY noisy!) during a motorcycle rally with 30-50 thousand bikes---and were there with no bike. They had on Myrtle Beach bike week shirts though---and had leather jackets, they guy even had on chaps---but no bike. And they parked their truck so close to the other guys tent, they ran over his stakes, and then got up at 4 AM and sat in the truck with the heat running, with it inches from his head! Rude, wierd people, glad they were only there 12 hours!!! The rest of the people we met were really nice. All the way from Canada to Mexico, California, to South Dakota----and lots in between, but those were our borders at the campfire that night!! We had a great time---we needed the down time prior to what lies ahead.

So have you heard about the woman who refused to pull over for the police? She was alone in a deserted area...and refused to stop. We had some guy on the reservation a few years ago, who was using fake lights to stop women, and raping them. I think this is one time I would rely on my cell phone and make sure it was real before I stopped too. I think I will go and listen to the story....bbl

Happy Birthday Patty's boys!!!

Kat

Kat, we had a local sport bike guy get flagged down last week. He thought there was something wrong on his bike. The people that flagged him down were waving and pointing at his bike. He pulled over and thought they were pulling over to help him. One of the guys pulled a gun and stole his bike. It was found later the same night wrecked. He had lo-jack installed, that's the only way they found it. The guy that stole it was hurt and hiding in a garbage can. Crazy world we live in huh? ~Mandy

Kat: Loved your stories..... you made me laugh and that makes my port hurt -- luv ya! Thanks for the birthday wishes

WE had a great time at Disneyland, but unfortunately the twins friend Andy didn't get to go with us. During the high school evcauation when they were getting kids out of the rooms, many of the kids were told to just head for the field -- they were to take nothing. Dear sweet Andy following orders left his backpack in his room..... well his Mom was REALLY REALLY ANGRY and his punishment was that we couldn't take him to Disneyland :). After we got the sad news we still headed to the park and did whatever the boys wanted. We have a new ride opening in 2 weeks and hoped that they were letting guests test the attraction before the official opening -- no such luck! But I got out my camera and took some really nice photos of our re-surfaced Submarine ride, it's truely magnificent! As we walked around I started to get a bit dizzy, it's the longest that I have tried to walk and I forgot my Protein Powder at home but I took frequent breaks and drank alot. We then took a raft over to Tom Sawyers island that has been changed into Pirates Lair where we ran into Captain Jack Sparrow..... OK, not the real one but a really cute actor who does a fabulous acting job! The island has all kinds of hands on pirate stuff and a dark scary cave with skeletons and other special effects -- very fun! By the days end, the boys Dad met us and I hugged and kissed them bye.... I went home happy and tired and went to bed.

TODAY was my Post-op appointment. A bit curious about what the scale says, but more interested in starting mushies. OK, I lost 13lbs in 15days! Pretty cool! Then I came home and ate cottage cheese with puree of peaches -- didn't finish my half cup ;). I'll be on mushies for 2+ weeks and then on to regular diet.

Sherry: I am now dreaming of those chicken enchiladas -- yummmy!

Things are finally moving in the right direction and I am cleared for work for this Friday. Oh, and my Mom is visiting with me this week and that makes me extremely happy. She will help me as I try to juggle getting kids to school and me to work the first day -- I just love her!

Gotta sleep now -- bye!

Kat, your rally sounded like such a good time! Even those crazy neighbor people added to the great stories...but I do wonder what they were doing there. I guess they just like being around the rally-goers, probably a good party atmosphere for them. It's weird that some people like to party, even when it only makes them more unbearable than usual. Sigh. But, glad ya'll had a blast!

Patty, your Disneyworld trip was a good time, too! Glad you had a good time! You will always feel your port, so try not to think of it as pain. It was pretty uncomfortable for quite a while, though. Where is your port?

Betty, sorry you are feeling bad, are you any better today? Yes, we are really getting the rain, aren't we? We had huge amounts of rain this morning...nice and cool though.

DD and I went to the t-shirt place in town and ordered some custom t-shirts for us to wear at DisneyWorld...mine says "I'm retired" on the front, and hers says, "I go to (name of her school)" on the front...my nephew's says "I just graduated from OU" and my sister's says, "I teach 2nd grade". Then on the backs of all our shirts, they will say, "What are you going to do NOW? Go to DisneyWorld!"

I think they are going to be funny! We're going to wear them on the same day when we go to Magic Kingdom...maybe someone from the Year of Million Dreams will think they are noteworthy and give us a Dream!? We can always wish...

Other than that, I am going to the dentist today, then DH and I have a VBS meeting at church today.

Hope everyone's have a great day!

Hugs,

Cindy

Hey everyone! Don't have time to post much, just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you know that I'm alive and well. I got another fill today. I'm at 2.5cc's. I'm nervous, but have been able to keep down fluids no problem. Sherry's overfill has me paranoid. lol. But when the surgeon heard how much I could eat in a sitting and that I would get hungry 2 1/2 hours later, they said I needed a fill. Wish me luck!

HI

Hope your all doing well I have to run to choir but I wanted to say hi.

I had a fill yesterday also I'm now at 1.7 I HATE liquid DAYS!!! Can't wait for mushies tomorrow!!

Good Afternoon Y'all!

I tried to post this morning, but things was so slow I couldn't wait any longer. This cold I have is miserable and trying to work with it is really hard. I hope it goes away soon. Yesterday I coughed so much that my port was hurting me. I keep throwing down the meds and hope things will get better.

My DH had it and he threw up twice. He hasn't done that for 20 years. He said he just couldn't take doing that! I don't want to start doing that! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Kat - Sounds like a fun trip! Those kind of folks wants everyone to think they own a bike when they really don't. We have seen quite a few of them!

Wish I could have been there!

Cindy - Awwwww, your shirts sound really cute! Don't forget to get a picture of them so you can show us!

Patty - Congrats on the 13#! Awsome job!

Diane - Hope the new fill works for you!

Chrispy - Hope the new fill works for you too! I was nervous at 2.5, but it worked fine and I went for more.

Sherry - Hey girl! What's cooking? You always make the yummy things!

Darcy, Pat, Eileen, Deb, Beanie(brain fart can't remember the rest of the names) and those I forgot, let's hear from you!

OK, now I gotta run and start supper!

Later!

Chrispy good luck with your fill! I really think I'm at around 2.50 at this point as well. I think I was overfilled at 2.75 with him thinking I was at 2. Craziness but at least you know they'll take you right in if you need to. Just keep in mind that Jones leaves at 4pm so you'd have to get in there sooner than that if you wanted him to do the unfill otherwise they say someone in the ER would have to do it. UGH! I wish you the best. I need something to happen with my weight...I'm still at a standstill or should I say it's going up and that really REALLY scares me.

Patty - sounds like you're healing up fine and that's a great thing. Aaaa the change to mushies :lost3lbs: Isn't it the best!

Diane - The liquid stage after a fill never bothered me...I think because I knew it would jumpstart my weightloss. We have to be on liquids for 2-3 days here then mushies for 2-3 days then we can go back to solids. I didn't even make it past the liquid stage...couldn't swallow anything the day after my fill it all came back at me. Yuck. Good luck!

Eileen - Good luck with your fill my friend. Go slow....and the pool is gonna help you kick start the weight loss too. Great job!

Cindy - Your Tshirts sound like fun. Hmm maybe Chrispy and I have to get some that say NO we're not sisters, But we wish we were! hahaha

Betty - Are you still not feeling well? I missed a post I think. Last Iknew you and DH were sick over the weekend.

Darcy - I miss ya girl! I hope you're enjoying the cabin and having fun decorating it to your liking. Oh the peacefulness must be wonderful!

Ann, Anne, Bean---WAVING!!! If I missed ya I apologize as I'm not doing the advanced so I'm going just on memory here and errrr that's not the best today.

Today I stayed home from work with a Migraine :confused: Man this thing hurt. I set it off by doing yard work over the weekend and I threw my back out of alignment. I went to work yesterday but had to come home early, then today I could barely lift my head off the pillow this morning it hurt so bad. Went to the chiro to get adjusted and he had to fix my back, hips, ribs and neck then my shoulders...by fixing my shoulders and 2nd ribs he threw my hips back out so had to adjust them again UGH. I was feeling really good when I left, no migraine but......after an hour of being home it came back. I think my body is telling me I've done too much...ummm painting the trim in the kitchen after I got home probably wasn't the best idea :) But after seeing the new slider in with the fresh paint I just couldn't let the trim look like that and since I was home...UGH. I'm paying for it now. The window and behind the refridge is gonna have to wait until DH gets home.

DH left for his 11 day trip to NC. He and 10 or so others are riding from Massachusetts to NC. Where they will meet up with 12 more who trailored their bikes. They're all going to Tail of the Dragon. There are 318 curves in 11 miles of road. Fun but can be very dangerous. Take a peek at the website Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC Pretty scarey when the riders aren't careful. I asked my angels to ride with my DH while he's there. He left at 6:15 this morning and called at about 6pm and they were in PA near Harrisburg. They're going a bit more in PA and then bunkering down for the night. I miss him already :Banane41: but, it's great one on one time for my son and I too. We already enjoyed a nice dinner together :fish2: I'm glad DH is having fun and getting to do something he's dreamed about..that makes me happy. I know I know I'm a SAP hahaha

Well I need to get off this machine now as my head is really starting to pound again UGH. Hugs to you all.

Betty we were posting at the same time. So sorry you're still sick. If I lived near ya I'd be bringing you some homemade chicken Soup. Always does the trick :confused: Hope you and DH feel better soon!

My hubby is part of a bike group and they go to Deals Gap every year. I have seen the videos and it is amazing. I'm sure there are some cool shots on youtube.com Some of the guys in his group invested in bike cams, and the footage is cool. We want to go in the next few years. Too much going on this year to go, but maybe next. ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

Still coughing and blowing the sore nose! I need to start going the other way, the old tummy is hurting along wtih the rawness of the throat. UGH!

Sherry - Wow, that sounds like a beautiful trip! I still haven't rode my bike yet, pretty soon I won't remember how to ride it! It has rained so much here in Texas that it messes up our riding every weekend!

Mandy - I must have missed your post on how your tests turned out? Hope everything is ok.

They are still calling for rain today, but the sun might peak out for awhile. I got to swim for 2 days before all the rain came and made the pool cold again.

Hello to all you ladies that haven't posted! Time to throw my clothes on and get going. I'll catch you all later!

I'm going to hide the video from my DH or he will be planning a Looooooong ride!! I can't take that many miles on the bike!!! We will do another small rally---in the 20-30 thousand range in July, have camp reservations in Sturgis, and then have a local rally over Labor day. I won tickets to a Foghat concert at the rally in July, from a drawing at the rally we just attended. It isn't like a big deal, their lead singer died a few years ago....and the concert is like in the beer tent.....no, I don't know that, just guessing. My tickets come with 20 free weekend drink tokens. Which figures, I cannot drink beer, with it being carbonated, and DH is still going to be on blood thinners, so he cannot have it either. They picked real winners with us!!! Oh well, I see free bottled Water for us!

Betty, hope you feel better soon. Sounds like all the mucus draining might be what is upsetting your stomach. Feel better soon!

Sherry---there is a word it begins with an R....you need to lookit up in the dictionary, and practice it on occasion....the word is RELAX!!!! Goofball!!!.....painting???? Girl what are we gonna do with you?????

Patty---one more day out!!!wooohooo

Chris, Dianne--hope the fills go well!!! I need one, but with the stress I am headed for in the next couple of weeks, with Ricks procedures, I am waiting, and going to schedule it for the week following his. He will be off of work for 2 weeks following, so we can drive up, and get me plumped then!!!

Mandy--let us know what the Dr.'s had to say with you and Abi. I've been thinking of you!

Cindy---you'll have fun in your shirts, watching everyone trying to read all if them!

When we went through this tiny village on our way to the rally last weekend, we stopped for fuel, and were talking to the store clerk, about the powerball winner of over 62 million $$$ having been sold in NM, but as of then unclaimed. It hit the news last night, it was a man nearby, he actually bought the winning ticket from the store where we were talking about it!!! It was a local mechaninc! Rick and I spent the morning discussing what we would do with that kind of money! It boggles the mind. But it also reinforced several of the reasons I love the man, his generosity, and caring, continue to amaze me, after all these years!

Well wish me luck, I am off to a smorgasbord of food today. The local petroleum companies, have a huge golf tournament today, and each local company hosts a hole, and then the over flow set up around the club house, and the driving range. They each BBQ something different, and have all the sides and fixings. Everything from burgers, brats, steak, ribs, bacon wrapped shrimp.......the options are numerous, and they each of course try to outdo the other, so it is way over the top! We will be there off and on for the next 3 days.....DH is working the grill one day, golfing tomorrow (they need his handicap he says!!!), and Saturday we will go just because he is expected to "be there" --- heck yeah he makes a paycheck for socializing, and eating, you betcha we will "be there"!!

Do you think maybe Darcy hasn't got her internet hooked up at the cabin yet? Maybe Beannie has lost her phantom signal? We may have to have Eileenie let loose the special "geek squad" monkeys!!! hmmmmmmmmm

Deb everyone well in your house still???? Check in girlies!!!!

Better look around, then get busy---hugs!!!

Kat

Morning All,

I have all the kids back -- yeah! I got them up and fed and off to school! Now my Mom and I are off to the dr's so that I can go to the nutrician class. Mushies has been wonderful, I ate mashed potatoes last night and they were delicious! I need more ideas for lunch since I start back to work tomorrow. Lets talk later...... bye!

Betty- Sorry your not feeling well. Take care of your self.

Sherry-I hope your headache is gone today and your feeling better. I wish I had the courage to get on a motor cycle. The last time I was on one was BH..lol..before husband! Have fun with your son!

Mandy-Hi how's things going any results?

Kat-I have missed so much these last few weeks. Sure sounds like you have a lot going on. Hang in there!

Patty- Yes today I rejoiced for mushies. I did cheat a bit and had some soft cheese though...shhh don't tell. Apple sauce is good cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, tuna fish, oatmeal. I'm going to have some oatmeal for dinner. I'm so glad your band girl!!!

Well I went up to 1.7 from 1.6 I only lost 1 pound since I say him but I got Clifford that day! So I'm sure it's a few more pounds. I wouldn't have gotten a fill, but with DH changing jobs and insurance stuff going on I figured I should. Dr.V said that he was fine if I did or didn't. I think it was the easiest fill yet and the nurse told me my port was so easy to get too. I was thrilled and so relieved when she pulled out the 1.6...nothing like a working band!

I have been terrible with exercising since the boobs. I'm going to get off of this and go over for an hour otherwise I'll say I should have gone.

DH has been away this week and we haven't talked much but he is VERY happy with his new job. The people don't complain about how the company doesn't work and they all work together. It is a huge difference from his last job! Still change is hard he was with them for 17 years!

Have a good night

I wrote a long post, and lost it! Don't you hate that?

Basically I am venting with ya'll tonight. I got an itemized accounting of my gma's probated estate (which doesn't include the big part my aunt just took because she could), and found out she is going to go ahead and charge the estate almost 10,000 dollars for driving back and forth from her house to gma's house to "take care of estate business". She started moving her things into that house about as fast as gma moved out of it...and has since purchased the house from the estate. I mean, I know she legally CAN do this, but for the love of God, how can she live herself? I think I'm going to have to get some counseling with my pastor to figure out to get to a forgiveness level with her. Right now, I'm just so angry at her I can't even describe it. She lives 5 hours away from my gma's house. When my dad was executor of his parents and his sisters estates, he did not charge his siblings anything, and he spent months and many, many trips much further than that to take care of that business. He wouldn't even think of doing that. TEN THOUSAND BUCKS?

Sorry for the vent. I just really needed to write that out.

I guess some people will just do about anything for some $$.

Hope all is well for all of you, and thanks for reading my fuming.

Cindy