Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Chat for NJ!!!!

Kat, I'm glad to hear that Rick is home, which is reason enough to party! How is he doing? And you?

Yesterday (just for the entertainment of those who like to laugh at my activities) I was about to roll up my sleeves and get into cleaning, when the phone rang. My lovely DD, in her sweet little voice, was asking if I could supervise the student council "store" so they could sell snow cones. Oh yeah, did I say yes??? Yes. So, off to school...learn how to operate a snow cone machine...then supervise some 4th and 5th graders as they sell snow cones during lunch. Okay, it was a little bit fun, if not completely sticky, and very RED!

This afternoon is her athletic awards party...and the parents to get play the kids in softball...pray for rain, pray for rain....

Congrats to Deb on getting to Onederland!!!!!! Me, I'm still sitting on the edge, refusing to teeter over into the promised land...my body has a mind of its own, I swear.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hugs!

Cindy

Thanks for the party invite!

Kat: I'm SO glad that you guys are home! That makes my heart sing :)

We here in sunny California have been battling the stomach flu. Today is the first day this week where everyone made it to school -- whew! Yesteday I told personnel that I needed medical leave.... I get So nervous about telling work anything. I don't want people knowing about my lapband. Can you guys help me with my weirdness. I don't think anyone will notice me eating differently but when I start to lose, someone, somewhere will say something and I know I won't have decent answer for them :target: my self image is in rather poor shape and I have my couselors phone number on speed dial. Anyway, I gotta make breakfast.... it's minimum day today! bye

Patty, all I can offer is that I told everyone. I figured they were already watching me eat myself to death, so they might as well watch me eat myself healthy! LOL! I realize though that not everyone feels like that. I've seen other people post that they tell others they are practicing portion control...and seriously, your portion sizes won't be noticeably different right away, anyway. It happens gradually, as you get fills. I don't think hardly anyone notices, anyway. Let me think. The last time someone actually noticed, it was the headmaster at my DD's school. We were all eating salads, and I only ate about half of mine. He commented that I didn't eat enough! First of all, that is entirely too funny, if you are me! It actually made me feel good, not bad. So, I just told him why...very matter of fact. And that was that...no defensiveness, and with a little humor. I normally eat whatever they have, just a little of it.

I don't know if that helps you or not, but with everyone else's responses, that ought to give you something to get you started.

Hugs,

Cindy

Howdy folks, figured I'd pop my head in here. Live in Wayne, was banded on 4/9 by Dr. Gritsus out of Chilton. Just started on solid food again this week, and boy, did I miss chewing! XD

Anyway, thought I'd say hi to my fellow Jerseyans! ^^)/

Welcome, Brianne! Some of us (okay, most of us!) don't even live in NJ, but we love our Jersey gal friends!

Looks like you are doing great on your recovery so far! We are happy to meet you...tell us about yourself!

I live in North Texas...have a 9 year old daughter...and love hanging our here with the best gals on the LBT site!

So, hey...it didn't rain soon enough and I had to play softball. We won! It was a miracle, and due to no contribution on part! When I first was at bat, I got a hit...took off running, and three steps into it, just fell flat on my face. Yep. I have grass stains and dirt stains to prove it. What happened was that my "trick" right ankle just flaked out on me, and down I went! I'm okay, just a little bruised and sore, but nothing big. Luckily my DD thought it was more funny than embarrassing! The second time I batted, I struck out, which was good because I didn't have to run! LOL!

Everyone have a good night...where's our Rick report, Kat?

Hugs,

Cindy

I'm a total dork....I was still posting in April's thread. I'm here now let's get the party started. ~Mandy

Duh took me 3 days to figure out we're in another month!

Lots has happened lately that has kept me from the boards...hopefully things will settle down now and I can get back to normal. Hmmm what's "normal" hahaha. I've been keeping up with the reading of the posts but, just haven't had the time or...urrrrr....or the mental energy to post. I don't like to complain or grumble all the time and just seems with everything going on I was going to do that so I didn't post. Y'all have enough going on yourselves you don't need to be hearing mine...other than my fill fiasco. Did I tell you I'm more hungry now than before that fill UGH.

Anywho...son went back to Children's yesterday and the doc didn't even see us. Long story but, he has to go back in 4 weeks. His dad will have to take him for that visit as I'm tired of Boston already and he lives closer anyway. His fracture looks the same so being that it's not worse it's a good thing. He was given the ok to put slight weight back on that hip as tolerable so we're glad about that. Still hobblin with crutches but he's back to school.

Kat...hope all is going well with hubby at home. I do hope their able to get things settled for you folks so DH can heal up and feel better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you two.

Cindy...good for you for playing softball. I'd be right there with ya on the falling thing. I'm far from a graceful runner. Heck not even sure I know how to do that anymore. I'm always afraid an ankle or knee will give out.

I'm at work so can't read farther back but, I'm thinking of you all! Great weather happening here in Massachusetts I hope you all are getting to enjoy some as well.

Hello Y'all!

Boy we got hit really hard in our neighborhood with the storms. A ton of trees are down and some people got all the trees in their yard down. I feel so bad for them. We went without electricity from early yesterday afternoon until 4:30 today! I felt cruddy all day at work! Ugh! Now it is storming again so I hope we don't lose the electric again.

We have a big mess to clean up in the yard but not as bad as the other neighbors. We were pretty lucky!

I have to get going and get some stuff done in case our electric goes again.

Catch you all later!

Sorry Sherry about all the yucky stuff going on for you. YOu knolw how these things go...after a down spell, things start looking up, and you're certainly due for an upswing!

Betty, we got off lucky, again. I hope our luck holds out! Did you have any damage to your house? I've seen some pretty bad pictures on tv, and I hope yours isn't too bad. Good luck with all the clean up...thank goodness you have electricity!

What's up with the (again!) new website look??? Are they just testing out different services or what?

Hugs,

Cindy

not sure I'm liking this look with everything to the left side. throwing me all off ummm not like it's gonna take much hee hee

I went to the band doc yesterday and received really good news. I was starting to think there was something wrong. I have been having really crazy restriction, then none at all. PB'ing and then able to eat everything in sight. I was also having really bad reflux. My doc said that with all the stress of everything going on in my life (he is aware of my female issues, and also Abi's mental health issues and has been a God send to me). He is telling me that stress causes the stomach to produce more acid, and then the lining of the stomach absorbs more Fluid to protect it from the acid that it's producing. Well if you take a really small pouch (mine is unusually small) and then add swelling from the Water it is hard to keep things down. I was worried about erosion because erratic restriction is a sign of erosion. I am now on Prevacid OTC and have a follow-up in 8 weeks. If things get worse or do not improve he wants to see me again in 2 weeks. I started the Prevacid yesterday and was able to eat lunch and dinner today without any problems. For the last 2 weeks I considered myself lucky if I could eat a single meal each day. It seemed like if my body was ok at lunch and I didn't eat lunch I was just out of luck. I was skipping Breakfast everyday, even yogurt wouldn't go down. I didn't want to panic over this, and typing it here made it too real for me to handle, so I didn't say anything. I left the doctors office, skipping all the way to my car. I was so relieved his confidence that my band was fine.

Today I went to the gyno and I have not so great news from that visit. I have an appointment to see a surgeon on the 25th. She is going to do a laporoscopy (I know I spelled that wrong). The pain is a mystery, so they are going to take a peek inside and see what is going on. My doc is thinking endometriosis (again spelled that wrong). I signed the waiver so that if I need the hysterectomy they can do it while I am already under anesthesia and already have incisions. I am fine with that, but I have to wait until the 25 to even meet the surgeon. It sucks that I have to wait that long but she is very very good. She works out of the same hospital that my band surgeon does so he can consult with each other.

Betty, I am so sorry you were hit so hard with all the storms this week. We had them last Thursday, and our kids were retained at school until after 5:30. It wasn't safe to send them on the bus. Abi wasn't at school, she had a doctors appointment, and we were 4 blocks from where the tornado touched down. We had to go to the basement of the medical building until the weather cleared. Then when we got home we discovered that the town next to ours was one of the worst areas hit. Scary stuff.

Cindy, how is the ankle today? How is Haven taking the the softball loss?

Brianna, welcome. I am from Chicago and have a special needs 5 year old daughter. She has epilepsy, and is bi-polar. My hubby works for the railroad and I am going back to work full time next year when my daughter Abi starts full time school. I am originally from Jacksonville Fl, and have been here almost 13 years. I am a total Disney Nut....just ask Mickey.

I'll check in later, Mandy