Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NewBie-Stop By and Say Hi-Surgery 9/2-Fingers Crossed!

A Little About Me..

I'm a vivacious, super-bubbly comedian at heart! I love making people laugh and I try to see the glass half full rather than half empty! I'm a recent law school graduate (May 2013) and I just took the NY/NJ bar exams in July and now I'm getting ready for the BIGGEST change of my life! I'm having Gastric Sleeve surgery on 9/2/2014 and I'm super EXCITED and Anxious at the same time! But, I've put my faith in God because he always Delivers!

What Else..

I was hit head-on by a drunk driver two months before I graduated law school and as a result I sustained some pretty serious injuries to my knees (both were cut completely open) but by the Grace of God I survived. I have a few scars that remind me of that night but I choose to see the positive.. I'm alive and so grateful to have been given a second chance at life!

Why am I having surgery..

Well.. I've excelled at everything I put my mind to but my weight has been an issue since I was a kid. I lost my sister in 2008 and then my mother in 2011. Those were devastating loses for my family and I.. so I've decided that WLS is the best choice for me because I want to live.

I'm a work in progress so stay tuned! :P

~BeenGym'N

Welcome, and congrats on law school and rocking the bar exam.....I know you did. Well girl you are alive and here for a reason, so go forth and start living the healthy and fabulous life God spared your life for. I also lost my mon and sister in 2005. I share your pain, but I know they are happy that I'm choosing to change my life.

@@finediva It's so nice to meet you and thanks so much for the support! And, I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and sister. May they Rest in Eternal Peace! I'm sure they are so proud of you! If you have any suggestions for me please do share. I start my liquid diet on Saturday. Fingers Crossed!

Hi BeenGym'n!

Welcome! You've come to the right site. There are lots of positive people here who will provide tremendous support.

First of all, congratulations on passing the bar exam, what a great accomplishment!

Also Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Your positive attitude will surely help with your recovery. :-)

@@Kathy812 Thank you for the Warm Welcome! I'm really Excited about my surgery and can't wait to see the New Me!!! Eeek! After studying for the NY/NJ Bar exams for 2 months my surgery is something nice to look forward to! Haven't passed the Bar yet.. won't get my results until November but I'm optimistic! If you have any advice to share I would greatly appreciate it!

xoxo

~BeenGym'N

My surgery won't be until October so unfortunately, I don't have much to share- i'm relatively new too. However, any question you could possibly think of you should find the answer on this site. I also ordered a couple books from Amazon to help me along this journey. You can never be too prepared.

As far as the bar exam goes.... You passed it, "your thoughts become your reality".

Keep in touch!

@@finediva It's so nice to meet you and thanks so much for the support! And, I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and sister. May they Rest in Eternal Peace! I'm sure they are so proud of you! If you have any suggestions for me please do share. I start my liquid diet on Saturday. Fingers Crossed!

Ah, the liquid diet.....if you are a coffee addict, prepare to

feel the pain of withdrawal. If you are a sugar addict,

well...either way the first three or maybe four days maybe the most difficult for you. By the fifth day you probably won't care as you would be so focused on your up coming surgery. I was on a two week liquid diet. While it was difficult.....I went through serious caffeine withdrawal and wished for death.....by the 9th day I had simply lost interest in food and had to force myself to drink the shakes. I believe the two weeks prepared me for the two weeks liquid after surgery. I am now on pureed and have no desire to move to the next stage.

Follow your surgeon's plan and see yourself as an individual and try nit to compare your results with others. Even if it would be rifficult not to.

Welcome! I love your attitude! It sounds like you are a very strong person who has been through a lot but you love the Lord. You are going to do great! Lean on Him and we will love to hear how you are doing! Congratulations!

@@finediva LOL.. You're a Riot! Luckily, I'm not a coffee drinker. But, I do love sweets, rice and Pasta so I'm pretty sure the first 5 days will be brutal! I'm just going to keep my eye on the BIGGER picture! Thanks for the great advice and for sharing your experience!

xoxo

@@JCP Thanks, so much for the Support!!! And, I will most certainly keep in touch!

@@Kathy812 Nice, to know I'm not the only newbie here :) And, you're totally right! There seems to be questions and answers for just about everything so I'm going to start reading as much as I can! Good Luck Beautiful! October will be here before you know it! :)

@@finediva LOL.. You're a Riot! Luckily, I'm not a coffee drinker. But, I do love sweets, rice and Pasta so I'm pretty sure the first 5 days will be brutal! I'm just going to keep my eye on the BIGGER picture! Thanks for the great advice and for sharing your experience!

xoxo

You are welcomed. Reading these posts really helped me be more prepared for the process of surgery. I hope it's the same for you.