Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

Medge - keep your chin up - your fill will be here soon and then it will be so much easier.

OHJuli - I feel you - I was in a 32/34 in February and I bought a pair of size 24 shorts today at Ross!! Holy Crap!!

OH Julie--you're right. I keep telling myself--Just hang in there-Just hang in there-Just hang in there........

and I am definitely restricted...maybe a little too much! I was at 1.5cc in a 4cc band after my 1st fill. Now I'm at 2.75cc. I'm such a worry wart. I said the same thing the last time, but this time I mean it. I am REALLY TIGHT!!! Drinking Water isn't a problem, but it took me 2 hours to drink a 4oz Protein Shake. After taking a sip, it would kind of sit there for a few seconds before going through the band. The warm cream of broccoli Soup I had for lunch went down a little easier. I'm hearing all these gurgling noises that I didn't hear after my first fill. I'm not sure if this is what "good restriction" is supposed to fell like or not. I'll be moving to solid foods on Thursday so we'll see! :omg:

Today (and tomorrow) at work we are doing a program called Water Works. We have 800-900 5th graders come to our park and do different activities all have to do with water. All these kids come throught the aquarium (where I work) and I get to walk around the tanks from 9am to 1:30pm non-stop. Now 22 laps around the aquarium makes 1 mile, I did about 52 laps today. I had to keep stoping to answer questions about the fish and our 70 lb snapping turtle. I also lost count of how many times I had to yell "Stop running" or "Don't tap/pound on the glass". So my question is, Can this count as my 45 min exercise for the day?

Thanks AfrykanViolet, I workout at a gym and I also ride my bike. I was stuck at 252lbs for 3 weeks and low and behold this past week I lost 5lbs!!! Keep at it and keep moving...that scale is going to move!

Janine, I think we're the only ones that use the name "Marchies", but I should have at least put 07 in the original message. I'll see if I can go back and add it.

Juli, Congrats on the NSV!!! :)

Thanks Tracy! Welcome to Bandland...you finally made it!!! I hope your surgery was a success! I'll be peeking over at the April thread to see how you're doing!

Guns, LLSibley, and anyone else having trouble cutting and pasting...don't worry about it. Just give us a daily or weekly update. We wanna see!!!

kuebel j, my5grlz, and medge, I'm sending some "will power" vibes your way as you all wait for your fills!

Hazelbunny, size 32/34 to a size 24!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! :clap2:

Today (and tomorrow) at work we are doing a program called Water Works. We have 800-900 5th graders come to our park and do different activities all have to do with Water. All these kids come throught the aquarium (where I work) and I get to walk around the tanks from 9am to 1:30pm non-stop. Now 22 laps around the aquarium makes 1 mile, I did about 52 laps today. I had to keep stoping to answer questions about the fish and our 70 lb snapping turtle. I also lost count of how many times I had to yell "Stop running" or "Don't tap/pound on the glass". So my question is, Can this count as my 45 min exercise for the day?

Mrs Husker

You have my duaghter's dream job. She's five so she has a few years to really figure it out, but she loves the aquarium!

You know, you have to decide for yourself if it's your exercise or not. If you want to call it your exercise then, by gum, it is. If you think it isn't and you are looking for permission from us (or me) we're not the ones that grant that. You are. So you decide and so it is. :biggrin1:

Either way, you rock! Those kids I'm sure must have worn you out!

OH Juli

Today (and tomorrow) at work we are doing a program called Water Works. We have 800-900 5th graders come to our park and do different activities all have to do with Water. All these kids come throught the aquarium (where I work) and I get to walk around the tanks from 9am to 1:30pm non-stop. Now 22 laps around the aquarium makes 1 mile, I did about 52 laps today. I had to keep stoping to answer questions about the fish and our 70 lb snapping turtle. I also lost count of how many times I had to yell "Stop running" or "Don't tap/pound on the glass". So my question is, Can this count as my 45 min exercise for the day?

Remember that a true workout is when your heart rate increases to your target heart rate. If you are able to recite your full name, address, and phone number without running out of breath or panting afterwards you are not working out hard enough!

I know that it wasn't exercise but it was worth a shot. I plan on doing Richard tonight (Love Sweating to the Oldies) if my legs hold out otherwise I will be on the recumbent (sp) bike. So, how do I find out what my target heart rate should be?

I know that it wasn't exercise but it was worth a shot. I plan on doing Richard tonight (Love Sweating to the Oldies) if my legs hold out otherwise I will be on the recumbent (sp) bike. So, how do I find out what my target heart rate should be?

Here's a basic chart I just found online. To check your heart rate take your pulse for 10 seconds and multiply by 6. Thats' funny this chart starts at age 40????

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="mso-padding-alt: 2.25pt 2.25pt 2.25pt 2.25pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; WIDTH: 25%; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3" width="25%">

Age <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; WIDTH: 75%; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3" width="75%">

Desired Range for Heart

Rate During Endurance

Exercise (beats per minute) <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in; mso-cellspacing: 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; WIDTH: 25%; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3" width="25%">

40 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

50 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

60 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

70 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

80 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

90 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

100 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2.25pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 2.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in; mso-cellspacing: 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; WIDTH: 75%; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3" width="75%">

126-153 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

119-145 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

112-136 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

105-128 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

98-119 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

91-111 <o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #e0dfe3; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #e0dfe3">

84-102 <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I'm so grateful for all of you on here!!!

I'm going to start the exercise thing today!

I'm going to the scale tommrrow to see if I lost over the weekend

wish me luck

76 pounds from GOAL!!!

I wish that I was as happy as you all today:( I'm feeling a little discouraged because I'm so HUNGRY!!!:hungry: and my doc says no fill till June. I don't think I can wait that long - I have to call and demand that he see me for a fill ASAP! I am not loosing anymore and feel like I can eat like I did before the surgery. Granted I really am trying to be good!:angel: I know that if I eat the way that I did this will have all been for nothing. I see now how I got as heavy as I did. I am defeinely a STRESS eater. I catch myself going to the kitchen whenever I am stressed out. :help:

Hi

Just came back from my fist fill..yahoo oooooooooo

It was great to talk to so many there in the same boat and compare just like on this board. We need to be patient is what I was told ...we didn't put all this weight on over a couple of weeks and it isn't going to come off in a couple either. They said it may take another 6-8 weeks before we see anything starting to come off. So I figure anything we have lost so far is a bonus.......Because they really are not expecting you to be losing .

So keep up all the great work we are all doing WONDERFUL!!!!!!:) :)

Go MarChieS!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I wish that I was as happy as you all today:( I'm feeling a little discouraged because I'm so HUNGRY!!!:hungry: and my doc says no fill till June. I don't think I can wait that long - I have to call and demand that he see me for a fill ASAP! I am not loosing anymore and feel like I can eat like I did before the surgery. Granted I really am trying to be good!:angel: I know that if I eat the way that I did this will have all been for nothing. I see now how I got as heavy as I did. I am defeinely a STRESS eater. I catch myself going to the kitchen whenever I am stressed out. :help:

Nikki-

Good for you for catching yourself before you eat the piles of food.

We all know the tricks, drinking Water etc. but don't forget them now. Try to stay strong it will get better. June isn't that far away if the mean doctor won't give you a fill sooner. You'll make it!

OH Juli

Iam sad! I've only lost 15 pounds! I am eating what I used to. I haven't had a fill yet, could this be why? My first fill is May 8th, I can't wait!