Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 weeks post op ... Struggling a lot

My weight loss has been stalled for about 3 weeks now and I am starting to get annoyed especially because I have tried everything I have made sure I am eating right and I have upped my exersice etc etc ... What can I do io don't know I feel as if I can just get past this hump things will go alright again ...

It was my 31st birthday last weeks that was odd the first time I can ever remember not having a giant birthday feast and eating whatever I wanted lol but I still had a great day :)

Umm yeah so if you have any helpful tips to get me over this hump please tell me :)

Have you tried increasing your calories? I see that on here a lot as a recommendation and, though I have't had my surgery yet, I know from past weight loss experiences that sometimes increasing your intake can actually get the scale moving down again.

just know that it's normal and you just keep trudging along. we never lose as fast as we want and there are times the scale doesn't move. the best thing is to not focus on the number. i'm serious! its a huge mindf**k, and most of us fall into it. it serves no purpose. stay positive, and keep doing what you are doing. don't cut your calories any more. watch the carbs and sugar. make sure everything that goes into your mouth is high in Protein and low in carbs/sugar. how is your bowel program? sometimes you need to increase Fiber to keep things moving through. please dont fall into the 'im a failure, im in a stall' bs you see so often happen. this is a year+/ lifetime process. my other recommendation is to keep track of your weight on a graph. i dont know if mfp has graphs. one good one that does is called libra. it is so cool to see the progress in visual data. i love my graph!!

Wowser!

You've lost 106 pounds in 18 weeks (at an average of 5.88 pounds weight loss/week).

If I have anywhere near that kind of weight loss, I will thank my lucky stars!

Surely, your body is taking a deeeeep breath and adjusting to this massive change of events!

My advice would be to just keep doing what you've been doing and don't try anything weird.

Are you measuring yourself? If so, what changes have you seen in the last 3 weeks?

And congratulations -- yours is about the fastest weight loss I have seen on this board.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

I agree with VSGAnn - you've had such amazing success!! Stalls happen, but you're clearly doing the right things to have had such tremendous success. I imagine if you keep up the same way you will start losing again soon enough. But if not, tracking calories and revising up or down depending on where you are would be good.

In the meantime Celebrate your success and keep your eye on the longterm goal. Congrats!

Congratulations on what you've accomplished. Really. Don't sweat the stalls. They're going to happen, as frustrating as they are. You are doing AWESOME.

tips to get me over this hump

@@Jessiegirl30

all of the above information is good, things people learn :)

butttttt, IMO - if/when you/me/us might try the above and stall might break

we don't really know if its what you changed to help break the stall or ----

the stall was finally over anyways :wacko:

but, the truth is it doesn't really matter the "why"

the good news is that the stupid common stall is FINALLY over :)

most of us have been there done that :angry:

your 106 lbs weight loss is terrific :)

but i'm thinking some of that was pre-op, right?? <_<

but it definitely still counts :)

weight loss is weight loss!! :)

happy belated b'day :)

you are 31 now!!!

you don't look a day over 30!!! <_<

good for you not pigging out with cake and goodies :)

see, we can enjoy ourselfs witihout certain yummy sweets food (still love the food, but oh well.....) :huh:

keep up the great job for the rest of your healthier, happier life :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I gained 3 pounds and then stalled between weeks 6 and 10. I was taking an antibiotic that made be very nauseous so I wasn't eating/drinking as much as I should. As soon as I stopped the meds and felt better, I started eating probably double what I had been and had the biggest weight loss since preop.

If you have upped your exercise, you need to up your calories and Water. You've lost a LOT of weight in a very short period of time. Be grateful things have slowed down so your body can catch up. And if you are doing everything "right", my motto always is....trust the process and stay off the scale!