Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am about to go crazy. I keep telling my self to try to just enjoy the journey. I have my appointment with the Dr on the 19th of August. My diet class on the 20th and my psych eval on the 20th. I had this appointment scheduled about 3 weeks ago. I am so anxious and nervous at the same time. I would love to just wake up and it be about 3-4 weeks after my sleeve is done :)

I do not doubt that this is the thing for me to do. I just get nervous thinking about the "what if" of surgery and etc. I think that is normal, isn't it???

What did you do to help keep your mind calm while waiting for everything. I am not a very patient person. Once I get my mind on something, I want to jump in 100%. My BMI is at 36.7 right now... I qualify since I have high blood pressure and fatty liver and acid reflux. I would start working out and etc now...but I do not want my BMI to drop below 35 or I won't qualify. Ugh. I have NEVER been afraid to lose weight like I am now...lol!

I live in Missouri, but I am having my surgery done in Lenexa KS at the Bariatric Center of KC

Thank you for any comments and/or suggestions you may have to help me make it to surgery day... Which I do not know when it will be yet!! :)

All you can do is focus on something besides what is in your head. Keep busy with your hands. Paint a room, do something. We all went through this and you will survive it and before you know......you will be 9 months post op like me. Everyone has experienced what you are going through, the nervousness. One thing I did was start a notebook of new recipes, things to plan on trying when I was sleeved, and researched new spices to try for more healthy eating. I also bought a big monthly calendar and made notations on it to help me down the road. This time will pass quickly. I promise! Best of luck, Linda

You will be fine, it is very normal to be anxious...excited and at times scared. I know,I,was......i just have to try and be patient....before u know it, u will blink and the surgery will be done!

I got my date today while at work... all of a sudden i felt weak and scared….loaded with what ifs….months ago i could not wait to get approved…its all i thought of…but after a glass of whispering angel wine the nerves settled :D ….its okay to be scared its a normal human reaction….focus on the good that will come from having the surgery…and keep in mind that the work starts after surgery….heres to positive vibes on you're journey….And Good luck!!!!!

<p>I got my date today while at work... all of a sudden i felt weak and scared….loaded with what ifs….months ago i could not wait to get approved…its all i thought of…but after a glass of whispering angel wine the nerves settled :D ….its okay to be scared its a normal human reaction….focus on the good that will come from having the surgery…and keep in mind that the work starts after surgery….heres to positive vibes on you're journey….And Good luck!!!!!</p>

Thank you!!

You will be fine, it is very normal to be anxious...excited and at times scared. I know,I,was......i just have to try and be patient....before u know it, u will blink and the surgery will be done!

Thank you!!!

<p>All you can do is focus on something besides what is in your head. Keep busy with your hands. Paint a room, do something. We all went through this and you will survive it and before you know......you will be 9 months post op like me. Everyone has experienced what you are going through, the nervousness. One thing I did was start a notebook of new recipes, things to plan on trying when I was sleeved, and researched new spices to try for more healthy eating. I also bought a big monthly calendar and made notations on it to help me down the road. This time will pass quickly. I promise! Best of luck, Linda</p>

Thank you! I like the recipe book idea!

You can spend your time looking up recipes for after your surgery, catch up on your picture albums if you have those, and I have been spending some time on Pinterest picking out all the cute clothes that I am going to wear when I get to my goal weight :D

Good luck on your journey and I hope you find something to do to help pass the time.

Summer

@

I'm hoping for a September surgery date. Your idea about the BIG CALENDAR is fantastic! Also the collection of new recipes. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. That's what I enjoy so much about this site.

I am having my surgery done at the Bariatric Center in Lenexa too. I live in central Kansas so I have a 4 hour drive for appointments.

Their team is fantastic! I have had 2 appointments with the dietitian, first appointment with the surgeon and have completed my psych eval. Third appointment with the dietitian and pre-op class are schedule - I am hoping for a mid October surgery date, but it depends on how long it takes for the insurance to give final approval.

The process is taking much longer than I expected - I called to schedule my first appointment in late April, but I'm past the jitters ... now I'm just excited.

Their team will do a lot to help with your fears. :-)

I am having my surgery done at the Bariatric Center in Lenexa too. I live in central Kansas so I have a 4 hour drive for appointments. <br><br> Their team is fantastic! I have had 2 appointments with the dietitian, first appointment with the surgeon and have completed my psych eval. Third appointment with the dietitian and pre-op class are schedule - I am hoping for a mid October surgery date, but it depends on how long it takes for the insurance to give final approval. <br><br> The process is taking much longer than I expected - I called to schedule my first appointment in late April, but I'm past the jitters ... now I'm just excited. <br><br> Their team will do a lot to help with your fears. :-)

Thank you! It is nice to hear from some one who is going to the same place :)

I am having my surgery done at the Bariatric Center in Lenexa too. I live in central Kansas so I have a 4 hour drive for appointments.

Their team is fantastic! I have had 2 appointments with the dietitian, first appointment with the surgeon and have completed my psych eval. Third appointment with the dietitian and pre-op class are schedule - I am hoping for a mid October surgery date, but it depends on how long it takes for the insurance to give final approval.

The process is taking much longer than I expected - I called to schedule my first appointment in late April, but I'm past the jitters ... now I'm just excited.

Their team will do a lot to help with your fears. :-)

Who knows maybe we will cross paths at the center one day :) Thanks for the encouragement!