Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm starting to wonder why the hell I had this surgery. I'm 4 weeks post op and my loss has slowed to an almost non-existent crawl.

Week one lost 3.6

Week two lost 5.6

Week three lost 2.8

Week four lost .8 (yep, that's POINT 8!!)

What gives? These are numbers people lose all the time without having been cut every way to Sunday!! I lost more weight in my pre-op process and that was only 8 weeks. After getting off the treadmill today, I called my husband, fussed about this whole blasted process and told him I was going to get my shower then go get me a whopper with cheese!!! Uuugh! :-{

(I'm not crazy enough to do the whopper but I sure as hell am frustrated enough!!!)

Do not get frustrated. Main thing is that you have to focus on your Protein intake and walking and getting some exercise. Are you following your docs regiment? Keep this is mind that everyone loses weight differently and it does come off in time. Also it took yrs to put on and it will take time to come off. Best way to be successful is to stay on track, do what your doc says, be accountable, take your Vitamins, have a food diary (at least I do), stay calm, be grateful to God and do not compare your results to others. These things have worked for me and still working. So hang in there and be patient.

Hi Angel,

I had RNY on June 30th this year. I have had several occurrences of this and have found it to be normal, albeit frustrating, but normal. What my NUT/Dr. told me to check each time was if I had enough Protein, enough Water AND enough calories.

I stalled because I was eating flounder (very high in protein) but really low in calories. Eating about 4 oz of flounder gave me 30g of Protein but only about 160 calories. So while I got in my protein, I was too low in calories. So I had to bump up my calories! I know it sounds weird being that we have been taught to count calories, but this time I was really low.

EX:

Breakfast

1 - Dannon Fit and Light 80 calorie Greek Yogurt 12g protein - 80 calories

3 - Peanut Butter Protein Balls ( 5-6g protein in each) 15g protein - 80 calories

lunch

4 0z Flounder 30g protein - 160 calories

dinner

4 oz chicken Breast - plain - 35g protein - 184 calories

Total protein (92g - my required daily amount) Total Calories (504)

So I upped my calories to 700 and began dropping weight again.

Hope this helps you!

Clarissa

I'm starting to wonder why the hell I had this surgery. I'm 4 weeks post op and my loss has slowed to an almost non-existent crawl.

Week one lost 3.6

Week two lost 5.6

Week three lost 2.8

What gives? These are numbers people lose all the time without having been cut every way to Sunday!! I lost more weight in my pre-op process and that was only 8 weeks. After getting off the treadmill today, I called my husband, fussed about this whole blasted process and told him I was going to get my shower then go get me a whopper with cheese!!! Uuugh! :-{

(I'm not crazy enough to do the whopper but I sure as hell am frustrated enough!!!)

Hun what procedure did you have

Week one lost 3.6

Week two lost 5.6

Week three lost 2.8

Hun what procedure did you have

RNY 7/8/14

So you have nearly lost 11 pounds in a month....chillax some.... This process will not happen overnight. Keep in mind, you are also still healing. Stick to the diet plan, continue to weigh yourself and try to remain positive....its soooo early on to have regrets. The weight gain did not happen overnight, so don't expect the weight loss to happen overnight. Patience! (Yes I got frustrated too...but its all in the process) wish u all the best, just don't give up!

Thanks for the suggestions - I had a post on here asking about not getting enough calories and that might be my issue. I typically have 400-500 calories a day and if I walk, I lose about 170 of those calories. I do get in a lot of Water and about 80-90g of Protein a day, so maybe it's the caloric intake. Having said that, for dinner I forced myself to eat 2oz of salmon, 2 tbls of rice and 2 tbls of veggies and it took me every bit of 50 mins to get it down. That's the largest meal I've had since surgery. According to my meal plan I'm supposed to have 6 tbls of applesauce right now but I can't even begin to try to put another bite in my mouth.