Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery June 24, 2014. Every single time I eat anything or sometimes drink Water, I feel nauseous and almost throw up. I was hoping to feel better by now and at least able to eat. Had a vacation planned with husband this week and having a miserable time! I hate food, hate eating but yet miss food and miss just going to dinner with my husband and miss feeling good/normal! It is so embarrassing to sit down at nice restaurant, eat 3 bites and run to the restroom, or sit there in pain or misery with people thinking you have some stomach bug. Asking myself if this was really worth it? Having a lot of regrets right now!

Are you taking a PPI to keep the acid in your tummy at bay? I have not had surgery but I've read countless threads where people say taking Prilosec or Nexium makes a huge difference with nausea.

Yes, Nexium everyday. I wished I could just figure it out! doctor just says to get more fluids in, but it hasn't really made that much difference. Protein, food, and fluids are all pretty hard to meet when u feel like crap most of the time.

You may want to ask the dr for a prescription strength reflux med. I take prolisec and Zantac twice a day. I was on Nexium recently when my pharmacy was out of Prilosec and hated it. I stayed nauseous the whole time.

It's a matter of finding the right med and dose. Until then eat/drink very small amounts at a time.

Good luck I hope you feel better soon.

Holly

My surgery was july 8 and i too am going through this very exact ordeal.

I am miserable! And food/drinks makes it worse!

I am on zantac and it only helps me minimally.

I have no hunger feeling so its not hard for me to skip eating. But whats worse is never knowing how im going to feel if i try to! The naucious feeling almost has me scared to not even attempt it.

In turn, im weak and dehydrated because of this. Not sure where to go from here. Hope things look up for you soon. Know that your not alone.

The loss in weight isnt even exciting to me.....i think id rather feel overweight and decent than losing weight and horrible!

I am gonna try the Prilosec/Zantac twice a day & stop Nexium to see if that helps! Thank you Hollyr! Hopefully it will work. Braininem19, I understand how you feel, I just want to feel good and being thinner and to feel this way is not what I had in mind. I am actually angry with my friends that told me that I would not regret having this surgery. I hope you feel better soon, and I will post for sure if this works!

Hey Braininem19 & Hollyr, it is actually working! I take a Zantac mid morning and at bedtime and I am starting to feel so much better!! WooHoo! I quit the Nexium totally. Just thought I would let u know!!! Thank u for the tip! :)

Please do! I will be going to the doc the 18th and hope to do the same!

Kris--

So glad the Zantac is working for you. I take my zantac every 12 hours and i use Tums for anything minor inbetween.

I also went to hospital to get hydration thru iv and i seem to be looking up ever since. Been eating more which is what i needed.

Keep in touch!!!!!

I had severe nausea from week 2 until week 12. It was so bad, I couldn't eat or hold much down and plain Water made it so much worse. I was taking a PPI which didn't help with the nausea. I was given Sulcrate which didn't help either. I put crystal light in my water which did help me to get some fluids into me. I stuck to Soup mostly Tomato, yogurt and mushed veggies. I couldn't keep Protein Shakes down either they made me instantly throw up. Then as fast as the nausea had come on then suddenly disappeared at my 12 week mark. Like you I hated that I had done the surgery and thought the rest of my life would be living with that nausea but thankfully it wasn't and today I am so thankful I had the surgery.

Hey Braininem19 & Hollyr, it is actually working! I take a Zantac mid morning and at bedtime and I am starting to feel so much better!! WooHoo! I quit the Nexium totally. Just thought I would let u know!!! Thank u for the tip! :)

I hope things are still going well for you!!

Well I still have nausea at the first few bites of food, but not choking it back or not as severe. I still hate food and hate to eat cuz it makes me feel so miserable. Any further remedies? :) I do better if I have one bite, then wait at least 5 minutes then continue, I do okay but then food is cold/or everyone is done waiting on me.... :(. Jeez!

I went thru that stage too. It was awful. Got a script filled but never used because it seems it decided to turn itself around. I still have days where I'm sick to my stomach, it just goes with the territory I guess. Still worth it though but not so much so at that month it was bad (2 mths to 3). It WILL get better. Hang in there. This to shall pass.