Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the hospital again

Have they done a ct scan of your abdomen to see if you don't have a clot too like my husband does with your same symptoms?

No they haven't. They sent me home last night.

I hope you don't and are on the mend now. Well be thinking about you. Do you still have that pain? That could be part of the pancreatiris. I'm assuming they had you on iv antibiotics, right?

I hope you don't and are on the mend now. Well be thinking about you. Do you still have that pain? That could be part of the pancreatiris. I'm assuming they had you on iv antibiotics, right?

They did not have me on antibiotics this time around, but had me on two types last time. There were 5 days between my discharge and second admit.

@@pik how are you now? I been having similar problems, I'm now 7 weeks out I can't eat or drink without pain or vomiting.

Hi there. I am nine months out now and doing a lot better. All of that happened to me very soon after my surgery. After that, I continued to have strictures, which I had while in the hospital as well. The surgeons finally admitted that was most likely the case but had never had a patient with strictures so early on after surgery.

I had to have five endoscopies to open them up, my last one being this January. I have been good since then.

They did X-ray and ctscan on me and said that there is not stricture, I think there is. The X-ray doctor said it's very tight! I'm going to try to convince the doctor to enlarge it, because at 7 weeks I Shiism be able to drink and eat a little without pain and vomit. Thank you for responding to me @@pik

They did X-ray and ctscan on me and said that there is not stricture, I think there is. The X-ray doctor said it's very tight! I'm going to try to convince the doctor to enlarge it, because at 7 weeks I Shiism be able to drink and eat a little without pain and vomit. Thank you for responding to me @@pik

They did the same thing with me and said the same thing, but there was a stricture. I would request an upper endoscopy if it continues.

They did the same thing with me and said the same thing, but there was a stricture. I would request an upper endoscopy if it continues.
I did had a stricture, they did 2nd dilatation last Thursday. Doc said should work!!! Will see! What a pain! He talked about scar tissue??? I don't know what really causes, also he mention steroid shots if problem doesn't solve ???? Will see.

I did had a stricture, they did 2nd dilatation last Thursday. Doc said should work!!! Will see! What a pain! He talked about scar tissue??? I don't know what really causes, also he mention steroid shots if problem doesn't solve ???? Will see.

Yes. The scar tissue grows which forms the stricture. I have never heard about steroid shots with strictures before and I went through 5 of them! Maybe your dr is more aggressive than mine, which could be a good thing!