Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having revision surgery aug 28. I'm a band to sleeve now bypass. I'm nervous but the reflux is bad

The reflux is GONE! From the second I woke up there has been zero burn...it's amazing! I'm a revision from a sleeve to bypass and I never thought I could feel this good. I revised on August 1st and have been chomping at the bit, I have no reflux and no pain with eating, it's still kind of surreal for me but I'm so happy! I'm healing nicely and get my Protein and close to my Water requirements every day. My only regret is not doing this sooner, you will feel so so much better!

I'm wishing you tons of luck and I know you will do great!! :)

I'm so happy to hear so many of us are doing great! Please keep us updated, it makes recovery a bit easier to handle knowing so many are going through the same things.

As for me, I'm struggling a little with getting Water and Protein in. A bit of Constipation is causing discomfort every time I drink and I really don't like Protein powders, so I'm working on finding alternatives. Had a bout of food sticking last night, which was NOT fun. Lesson learned! Other than that, I'm doing great. Down about 25lbs overall so far. Hit a stall, I'm assuming due to bloating and constipation. Just gotta keep pluggin along :-)

Please feel free to share anything, I learn so much from you all!

The reflux is GONE! From the second I woke up there has been zero burn...it's amazing! I'm a revision from a sleeve to bypass and I never thought I could feel this good. I revised on August 1st and have been chomping at the bit, I have no reflux and no pain with eating, it's still kind of surreal for me but I'm so happy! I'm healing nicely and get my Protein and close to my Water requirements every day. My only regret is not doing this sooner, you will feel so so much better! I'm wishing you tons of luck and I know you will do great!! :)

How is weight loss. Thanks you made me fell better

How is weight loss. Thanks you made me fell better

I'm down 15 pounds since July 29th. I didn't lose very much with the sleeve because of the major complications that didn't allow me to eat any solid food. I ate pudding, ice cream, mashed potatoes, etc. so not only am I super happy to be feeling so great but I'm excited to lose the weight like I originally wanted :) I'm already eating pureed foods that I couldn't tolerate before surgery..I feel so great! I used to LOVE buffalo chicken salad (mayo, canned chicken, little bit of hot sauce, and feta crumbles) but with the acid I couldn't tolerate it at all post-sleeve; I had some today with no pain and no acid...YAY!!!

I'm down 15 pounds since July 29th. I didn't lose very much with the sleeve because of the major complications that didn't allow me to eat any solid food. I ate pudding, ice cream, mashed potatoes, etc. so not only am I super happy to be feeling so great but I'm excited to lose the weight like I originally wanted :) I'm already eating pureed foods that I couldn't tolerate before surgery..I feel so great! I used to LOVE buffalo chicken salad (mayo, canned chicken, little bit of hot sauce, and feta crumbles) but with the acid I couldn't tolerate it at all post-sleeve; I had some today with no pain and no acid...YAY!!!

Your gonna be my Shero. Thanks I'm feeling better. I have preop on Monday then the 28 it's on. I wonder how many have had all three like me. Please stay in touch.

Hi pinklove - I'm also a band to sleeve and now going in in October for a mini gastric bypass :)

Hi pinklove - I'm also a band to sleeve and now going in in October for a mini gastric bypass :)

How are you feeling about it. I have pre op tomorrow

I'm feeling ok. Somewhat embarrassed about it though I suppose (I haven't reached goal yet and this will be my 3rd weight loss surgery). But hey, everyone is walking their own road so I'm just trying to stay positive ;) this might be my golden ticket.

Hope your pre op went well! :)

Hi zanesmum. Well I got a shock insurance changed mind. I now have to have 24 months between so I have to wait till May. But the reflux is so bad my surgeon is sending me back for dialations. He said if we have to do it until the surgery so be it. I've had 4 already plus the bravo test. I'm on two prescribed reflux meds. Nexium and Zantac and I still have reflux. I know you will do well I know it's all a new beginning for you and you have found your golden tickey

Oh no pinklove!! That's shit :(

I hope you can keep it under control until may. At least they have a game plan to manage it until then I suppose. How can they just change their mind like that?! :(

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Here's hoping October is the start of a new chapter for me

Just a little update: doing good here. Not many complaints. I'm actually surprised at how easily I've been able to resist foods I shouldn't eat. Cooking for my family hasn't been as bad as I was afraid it would be. Not feeling hungry helps. I know whatever cravings I'm having are just in my head. Hoping that continues to get easier. Getting better at getting fluids in and getting more Protein in. Syntrax Matrix nectar is a lifesaver.

I hope everyone else is doing well!! Sending positive vibes out to you all!

Down 29 lbs total. About 12 pre-op and 17 post-op. I'm not really exercising yet. I'm having a hard time figuring out where I can fit it in my schedule so that I can stick to it. I work a lot and have two small kids. So, I think I'm doing good considering.

Awesome I can't wait till my times comes, hope mine goes smoothly. I had my gallbladder removed last year and had a hard time with the gas being stuck in my chest it was awful hope it don't happen this time around