Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drove 2.5 Hours and FillUSA called to cancel

I had an appointment today 5/19 at 2pm for a fill in Moultrie, GA with fillcentersusa and it was a great experience the nurse practioner was very knowledgable her name is darlene zebley. I drive about an hour from tallahassee, fl. and received 2cc fill and so far so good.

mamabird... yes, they called me friday night at about 6:00pm and told me that the office they were going to use didn't work out. They asked if I would consider going to Moultrie, but it's 6.5 hours from me and I said no and I would look at other options.

FurEllie... yes, I was banded in Mexico on April 23rd by Dr. Rodriguez. I wish they would get the Atlanta office up and running. I really don't want to spend $1600 for a fill the first time.

Cathy

HI Folks,

Well...I am trying to find a local doctor to handle my fills. I has such problems with food getting stuck, I am worried about being far away from my doctor. I am sure I will have to pay a healthy one time fee for the doctor to take me as a patient, but it will cover 4 fills and it is only 35 minutes from Dalton.

I am anxious to get a fluor to see if my band has moved. I really am a little concerned that I may have coughed my band loose or a hiatal hernia has returned. Feel great other than the fear of eating solid food and it sticking.

CathyMDS: I really question why you were notified Friday night and I was notified Saturday afternoon AFTER I arrived in Duluth...

Until the kinks are worked out, Moultrie is not that far for you is it? What about Charlotte? Dr. Bauman (sp?) does fills but he's expensive, less than $1600.00 though.

I have used Darlene in the past and she is really nice.

As Cathy stated, it's quite a drive for us in N. GA to Moultrie. And TBH, right now I don't have a lot of faith in FillcentersUSA if they are notifying people the day or even the night before that they can't do a fill :)

For the time it takes me to get to Moultrie, get a room, spend the night then drive home the next day, I can go to TJ and get filled by someone I KNOW is good and who uses the Fluro every time.

Hopefully they can get the kinks worked out in ATL or I can find another aftercare doctor here in case I have an emergency.

IWPAMELA- Can you give me the name of the doctor? I try accessing the website for Memorial Hospita Weight Mgt Center but they don't give the actual names of the doctors. I'm having no luck in Atlanta and Chattanooga isn't that far from here.

Cathy

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife have both used Fillcenters location down in Moultrie, GA for several fills now and believe me we would like nothing better than to see them open an office up in Duluth or Atlanta. We have to drive about 4 hours each way to get their now but still none the less the service we have received from the PA "Darlene Zebley" at this location has been outstanding and well worth the drive. Mrs. Zebley is highly skilled at what she is doing and we will continue to see her even if she does not get an office here in Atlanta. Also needless to say $150.00 a fill is so much easier on the budget especially when you are gettting two at a time.

Stephen Wallace / Douglasville, GA

Banded 08/25/05 - 351 lbs at heaviest

05/24/07 - 227 lbs now with about 40 more to go..

Kelli Wallace

Banded 12/27/07 - 267 lbs at heaviest

05/24/07 - 225 lbs and still loosing..

Thanks for the info, Stephen! Now to get her here in ATL :D Maybe we could all pitch in and offer her free places to stay :(

HI Folks,

Well....I now have an official lap band doctor that is 30 minutes from my home. Yes...there is a $2000 up front charge for him to accept me as a Mexican patient, but I am willing to pay for peace of mind. I am part of an ongoing weight management group and there will be additional expenses when I have fluro's, etc. He does the adjustments himself, not a nurse, and I can contact him 24/7. It beats chasing down a nurse and still not having a local support team. So, I am happy with my decision. He can be reached at 423-495-2244 - or I should say his office staff. He sees patients on Tuesdays at this hospital and has a medical practice locally.

My first adjustment is scheduled for June 5th.

P.S. Darlene is working on contractual agreements with a new office in the Atlanta area to take her services up there often.

Smat.... Is Darlene using a portable Flouro machine? I know that some of them are portable and some of the bigger ones are stationary. If she's using a portable one....does she have to have a doctors office to do the fills? My husband is going to totally kill me for this BUT... I have a six bedroom ranch house on 2 acres, east of atlanta, that I would be more than happy to open up one saturday a month for people wanting fills. Plenty of rooms, and parking, so if anyone coming from out of town wanted to spend the night, they are more than welcome. Would Fill Centers USA consider something like this?

cathy

Darlene uses a regular sized c-arm in moultrie and is working on contracting with a place in Atlanta that has the same.

Thank you for you offer. I will certainly let Darlene know how much she is wanted in that area.

Wow, I am getting kind of concerned now..I called Fillcenterusa exactly 2 weeks and a day ago. I was told that the Denver, North Carolina location would be opening in 2 weeks. The lady I spoke w/was really nice and helpful. If I don't here anything by Monday I am just going to call and check back...

Good luck everyone w/your fills. The upcoming fill location here is over 2 hours away. I would hate to have it cancelled at the last minute.

Smatyas, do you know anything about the Denver, North Carolina location?

I had my first fill on Tuesday and it was a great experience. And, I felt full immediately. Since I quit smoking on May 5th, I had been getting hungrier. I have been on Clear liquids and soft liquids since but will start on mushies tomorrow. I now weigh 225 whiich is a 33 pound loss. So excited!!!!!

I am sure some people do well with FillCenter USA, I just need someone local.

Good luck on your quest!!