Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drove 2.5 Hours and FillUSA called to cancel

Wow....what a day....I live in Dalton, Georgia and FillCentersUSA booked me to drive to Duluth for a fill today at 3 pm. We left around 12:30 and ran into traffic, so it was around 2:10 when I received a call. The young lady said they were at the Doctor's office and he had not set up the fluro machine so they would have to cancel. Of course, I was 6 miles away and even though it was a very unprofessional situation, I decided God was delaying my fill. I am still loosing a couple of pounds weekly, so I think I will wait a while longer. I might even decide to pay the local lap band surgeon 2500 up front, that includes 4 fills and just stay local. I was banded in Mexico by Dr. Kuri. Local doctors charge a high fee to assume the responsibility of a Mexico patient. I love my lap band. I have lost around 21 pounds and it is starting to show.

I look at signs too. Sometimes it's a sign of a non professional doctor who waited to call you at the last minute when you were six miles away...but on the other hand, if you feel like you are doing well then stick by it. If I was still losing I'd stick by it too.

I had an appointment in Atlanta also. They called me Friday night and informed me that the plans fell through and they will not be doing fills in Atlanta unless they find another doctor office with Flouro. The nurse from their center in Moultrie Ga is the one who was going to come up to Atlanta once a month to do fills and the office she was going to use changed their minds. I'm only 2 weeks post-op but I can already tell I'll need a fill at the 6 week mark. I"m feeling no restriction at all.

cathy

I get such mixed information from fillcenterusa. Supposedly there is a location that is supposed to be opening up right near where I live "soon". It's been "a couple of months" for like 2 years now. I want to find a local fill doctor, but I'm weary of them...

I get such mixed information from fillcenterusa. Supposedly there is a location that is supposed to be opening up right near where I live "soon". It's been "a couple of months" for like 2 years now. I want to find a local fill doctor, but I'm weary of them...

Marimaru, There have actually been three providers in your area that have been trained in the past but never got up and running. One was in Long Beach, Thousand Oaks, and the other in Torrance. That is why you have seen your area on the map almost continuously. For one reason or another (usually the liability of this patient population and the litigious nature of people today) providers have opted out before even beginning.

There is another provider that is in Irvine who is attending a training this month. That is why the dot is currently in your area. It will depend on if the doctor decides to join the network after the training, wether or not that dot will stay.

I just thought the air needed to be cleared about that stinkin dot.

Sorry smatyas, but I think you should remove it until you actually have a doctor. "Coming soon" for 2 years is ridiculous. I know you guys provide a service, but I'm not the only one in my area irritated about this.

Marimaru - There are many options out there other than FillCenter. Don't know how far you are willing to go but, my doctor will see you for fills in West Hills www.surgithin.com . BTW he is fantastic!

Wow....what a day....I live in Dalton, Georgia and FillCentersUSA booked me to drive to Duluth for a fill today at 3 pm. We left around 12:30 and ran into traffic, so it was around 2:10 when I received a call. The young lady said they were at the Doctor's office and he had not set up the fluro machine so they would have to cancel. Of course, I was 6 miles away and even though it was a very unprofessional situation, I decided God was delaying my fill. I am still loosing a couple of pounds weekly, so I think I will wait a while longer. I might even decide to pay the local lap band surgeon 2500 up front, that includes 4 fills and just stay local. I was banded in Mexico by Dr. Kuri. Local doctors charge a high fee to assume the responsibility of a Mexico patient. I love my lap band. I have lost around 21 pounds and it is starting to show.

I live in Chattanooga and was banded in Mexico also and found a Dr. at Memorial Hospitals, Weight Management Center. Their prices was less expensive than the fill centers. Hope this helps.

Wow - I was actually thinking of eventually using them. This is the nurse/PA from Moultrie who's coming up to Duluth once a month, right? I was banded in MX and so far went back for a fill, unfill, then another fill. I was really hoping the Duluth location worked out since the time (2 full days) it takes to get to MX and back is sometimes difficult. But geeze, at least they are there when I show up!!

Let us know if you try them again - or if you find somewhere near Dalton. I'm about an hour east of you.

I've found a doctor outside of Atlanta who will do fills. He's not as cheap as Fill Center USA, but not as expensive as the doctor in Dalton. He's located in Athens, Ga, near UGA. Dr. Sergio Mejias

His fees are

$1,200 one time, lifetime fee

$400 per fill.

I'm faxing him my surgery report today and I'll report more information if they accept me.

Cathy

I've found a doctor outside of Atlanta who will do fills. He's not as cheap as Fill Center USA, but not as expensive as the doctor in Dalton. He's located in Athens, Ga, near UGA. Dr. Sergio Mejias

His fees are

$1,200 one time, lifetime fee

$400 per fill.

I'm faxing him my surgery report today and I'll report more information if they accept me.

Cathy

Thanks, Cathy! That's SO expensive - I need to figure out what my time is worth, I suppose....

Are you a Mexican Bandster or done elsewhere? I can always find places in Athens to grab an "after the fill to make sure things are going down OK" snack :(

Are you sure they called you on Friday night? I was told she arrived on Saturday only to find out the equipment wasn't working?