Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had major abdominal surgery 3 times now (donated my kidney to my brother, removal of left ovary and giant cyst, and now sleeve). The ovary removal was a open but the kidney was an lap surgery, too. Both the others were horrible. I remember not being able to move in the mornings after the kidney surgery (I flew cross county at 3 weeks and that was horrible). Not sure why I lucked out this time--I think I was better prepared, did my breathing exercises, and, frankly, just lucked out. I feel a little guilty about the lack of pain (I would describe it as discomfort and it's not all the time). I was moving much earlier in the hospital, too. But, this time I did get Constipation (thank you Philips Milk of Magnesia for my relief today).

I was sleeved on sept 3rd as well. I am back to 100% but the first two days I was sore and lethargic. My Doc has a very lax diet plan compared to most I've read about. The first day I was on Clear Liquids then moved to full liquids for two weeks but I can start eating very small quantities of soft food. Today I had a Protein Shake and about 1 oz of chicken for breakfast and lunch and for dinner I had about an oz of Cod with about a 1/2 oz of crushed Peas. I felt full satisfied after each meal.

Edited by Mojos

Update: For Breakfast I was able to drink most of my Protein Shake and about half of a poached egg. Feeling really full right now.

@@alur72 I hope that you start feeling better soon! Please update us on how you are doing and how things went with your post op.

Anyone have any creative ideas for "spicing" up this liquid phase? I can think of a ton of ideas for the purees, but not much for liquids. I am already sick of them! lol I did buy some sugar free syrups to try to help. Added some to my Protein shake this morning and will add some to some plain Greek yogurt later.

Also, how is everyone doing with getting their "food" down? I have had no issue with 4oz of anything at this point (protein shakes, yogurt, creamed Soup, etc.). Yesterday I drank 20oz of G2 Gatorade in probably less than 2 hours, which was a new record for me, lol.

@@Mojos I am soooo envious of your soft foods! :lol:

Glad things are going well!!

I'm doing okay - but also SO sick of the Protein Shakes - I'm so sick of them that I don't even want variety, if that makes sense - I just want to force them down, I don't think there's any recipe for a shake that I would look forward to. I'm doing at least one and sometimes two Premier Protein shakes because they have 30 g. Have also been drinking the Isopure RTD. Also, this liquid diet is creating chaos with my digestion, I almost had an "accident" in the grocery store today, had to run home to the bathroom.

Today I had my first food -- a Dannon greek yogurt. I think it's actually helped settle my stomach. I am allowed yogurt, cottage cheese and sugar free pudding as of today, as long as I get my Protein and Fluid in. It went down so easy - just like pre-op - and I didn't feel full after. A little scary.

Hope you're all having a good day.

@@Myonlybattle I too have been having some crazy digestive issues. Unlike you, I actually had the accident, lol!

I had Greek yogurt for the first time today. It was pretty darn good. I'll have to ask at my appointment tomorrow about cottage cheese. That actually sounds yummy. Are you finding that you are feeling hunger? I've been having hunger since Sunday. Today it seems exceptionally strong and I'm not feeling "full".

I had my Post-op appointment today. Down 19lbs since surgery!!! Wish I could keep this pace up but I know it will slow down. It would have taken two months of crappy dieting to lose this much before. So happy I got this done.

I had my Post-op appointment today. Down 19lbs since surgery!!! Wish I could keep this pace up but I know it will slow down. It would have taken two months of crappy dieting to lose this much before. So happy I got this done.

That is great!! 19 pounds!! I have my post-op appointment tomorrow morning. I am feeling good, but am having trouble getting in the Protein. I also meet with the nutritionist tomorrow...maybe she will have some tips.

19 pounds - wow! Congrats!!

@@tiffdmill, LOL . . . fun times, huh? Not sure when you can have yogurt, but having a greek yogurt yesterday seemed to help settle my stomach quite a bit. As of yesterday I can have yogurt, cottage cheese and sugar free pudding in addition to the shakes. Hope you can do that soon too!

I have been enjoying greek yogurt, and warm tea. I dont feel full but do know when i need to slow down drinking/eating and when i need to wait until "pearl" (my stomach) finishes getting rid of the food she is working on. I have noticed since i have been drinking warm tea ALL day that i actually feel normal.

Went to my follow-up appointment today. I am down 24 pounds since my sleeve on 9-3. They added soft foods -- scrambled eggs, avocado, mashed potatoes -- I am feeling FaNtAsTiC!! I am still needing to get more Protein in, but they said that will come in time. :)

Anyone else having tons of gurgling and noise in their tummy upon the first sip? What the heck is this? I have one tiny bite of yogurt and lots of noise, and every bite after that. One sip of broth and it sounds like my tummy is attacking something, and continues until I finish. Also doing this with the Protein Drinks. It's like an animal is in there! WTH?

@Noragretz: I had all those sounds at first. Add gurgling and burping, but it has calmed down or I have just gotten used to it.