Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op appointment today. Down 10lbs and she is letting me have grits and mashed potatoes!!

@@Noragretz I get it on occasion. Not sure what triggers it, though.

Post op today. Feeling great about my loss (4 lbs) since I did 2 weeks of liquids, 2 days of Clear Liquids, and a colon cleanse before surgery :-) I get to do pureed foods now including meats. tuna "salad" (tuna, greek yogurt, and spices) for dinner.

My surgery is on Thursday 18th. Getting nervous, but it's been really useful to read all your updates as they are mostly positive. Many thanks.

@@maggiemayuk, very excited for you! The worst for me were the few days before surgery because I was nervous - keep busy and stay positive! You will do great! We'll be here for any post op questions along the way!

Going back to work on Wednesday. I am a bit worried about Water and energy level. I am still struggling a bit with fluids and work will be busy.

Going back to work on Wednesday. I am a bit worried about Water and energy level. I am still struggling a bit with fluids and work will be busy.

Good luck to you. I happy I took a month off. I still have no energy I commute on public transportation and I am not ready for that.

@@Georgia Pritchett I too am worried about getting everything in at work. It can get so busy that I often forget to eat/drink on a normal basis. My doc said to just keep a Protein Shake and/or Water with me at all times. I have a coworker who had gastric bypass a few months ago and I asked her about it. She said it can be a challenge but that she sets alarms on her fitbit to provide a reminder. Ive been trying that these past few days and it's be a nice, discreet reminder - just a vibration of the band.

Edited by tiffdmill

I go back to my retail job tomorrow... I too am concerned about my fluids and energy level. I'm still not 100% recovered on my pain levels either. Really nervous.

Sept 1st!!!! I have been on pre op diet for 5 days now.. It's not so bad... Lol I miss the habits more than the food I think. Although I think about allll the time!! My plan is to take it on phase at a time. Let me get to surgery day first.. Then I can focus on week one etc

I'm so excited, can't wait ! I picture allllll the time what it will feel like to feel confident again.

I'm looking forward to making a healthy environment for my whole family so we can be more active and food conscious together.

I'm not telling my kids as they are at an age where I am trying to teach them they are "beautiful the way you are" so I think just watching me have food and exercise change is enough for their young ears!

I have only told 5 people because the rest will judge and try to drag me down. These 5 people will be my support group xoxo I think once I have reached a goal I am happy with, and have worked on me.. Then maybe I will share and maybe never. it's not that I am ashamed it's that I want to enjoy and savour my experience without negativity and the sleeve is nothing but a tool.. I still do the hard work myself.

So I leave in 1 week for Mexico with my best friend in tow who is also having the procedure done .. Stay tuned!

Good luck to you all that are having it done aswell!!!

@@alur72 how did it go at work?

Edited by tiffdmill

Good morning! Didn't make it in... Was really not ready and I'm normally off on Tuesdays. So my first day back will be tomorrow. My husband insisted I stay home yesterday. I'm glad he did because I needed that extra time. I don't know what I was thinking.... I thought I would be fine to go back at ten days out. 2 weeks is just right... 3 would be ideal. ;) I still have an incision wound that's not yet healed... How are your incisions? How are you feeling tiff?

Glad to hear you have a couple extra days!! My large incision is not yet healed but the smaller ones are just fine. I started working from home on Friday and today has really been the only day that I've felt good. After feeling pretty fantastic on last Thursday, was bummed by how bad I've felt over the weekend. Hopefully now everything is better. Planning to go into the office either Friday or next Monday and I'm still not sure I'm ready for that!

I hope I don't gross anyone out so you have been warned!! ;) For the past few days I have had this THICK saliva in my mouth. It is so bad that I have a trash can beside me just so I cant spit it out. I can't swallow as it feels weird going down and I feel full afterwards. Anyone else dealing with this?

@@SOVANNA I've had this thick coating in my mouth but figured it was some type of film from all of the Protein Drinks.