Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"When I finally lose the weight I am excited to...."

Have less back pain, be able to have intercourse with my husband without pain, less knee pain, wear regular clothes, ride roller coasters and really so much more.

Living in Vegas with 2 new Water parks, I'm looking forward to next summer! So I can walk in there without having people look and act like Shamu escaped! LOL (not funny, but the feeling is oh sooo true)

And the cool thing is all of these things WILL happen for all of you as long as you stick to the program! Life on the other side is rather amazing!

I wish you all much success!

Indecision, thanks for the motivation/encouragement. One thing I haven't read anyone describe is the pain after the surgery. I know everyone's threshold is different, but can you describe what it was like when you first got home? How long did you "feel" pain? Also, do you ever feel "normal" again with the tinier stomach? Thanks.

dress the way I always wanted and dreamed of. I dress to cover my body and it's not my style at all but if i don't want to see it, no one else should

Indecision, thanks for the motivation/encouragement. One thing I haven't read anyone describe is the pain after the surgery. I know everyone's threshold is different, but can you describe what it was like when you first got home? How long did you "feel" pain? Also, do you ever feel "normal" again with the tinier stomach? Thanks.

Pain after surgery was very bad for me. For about 48 hours , which I spent in the hospital. On the third day, when I left the hospital, I felt about 80% better. Within another 2-3 days I had no pain at all. The worst for me was getting in and out of bed, and coughing, hurt my incisions a lot. But now it's been 7 weeks, and I feel wonderful. I feel " normal" with my new stomach, but ... Different than before. But in a good, healthy way. I was going to write my life doesn't revolve around food any more, but it still is a very important part of my life, I still have to think about what I'm going to eat, etc. so, I guess it's a new normal. I have absolutely no regrets! I love my sleeve, and I love my progress! It's all very much worth it! Good luck to you!

I had very little pain after surgery. For the first two days, the gas was really bad. After leaving the hospital and moving around the gas pain was gone. I did have a little problem getting in and out of bed due to the tube in my stomach. Once it was removed, everything else has been fine. Everyone's pain level is different, I only took the pain medicine for a couple of days. It has been three weeks and I feel fine. I walk 30 minutes a day and I must say It feels good just walking and not hurting.

Being happy and comfortable in my own skin! Not having to suck in, in order to camouflage more rolls than I'm already showing. To wear halter or sleeveless tops without worrying how fat my arms look. To feel sexy enough to surprise my significant other with a cute little (bedroom only) outfit. And also to finally go on all the beach trips I've been putting off because I was so scared of someone actually seeing what I look like under all my baggy shirts. I've really thought about this question ever since I chose to get the sleeve. I'm so ready to be free and to love myself more without worrying and comparing my body!! One more month!!! Lol

This question has got me thinking a lot.

-the first thing is to be off my blood pressure medicine.

-second to be able to let this active diva inside me come out and I will be able to achieve all my fitness goals

- third is to go into the stores I take my size 4 , 25 year old daughter in and buy something other than a bag or socks.

I'm crying as I write this as it's a very emotional question

I'm going to take my 4yr old grandson to the park and I'm going to keep up with him. ????

I can't wait to put socks on my feet without having to perform a maneuver to hoist my fat thighs up and grab hold of a foot. I haven't been able to cross my legs in 4 years....can't wait to do that either.

Lastly, I can't wait until people feel safe traversing a staircase next to me. For 4 years now, if I am going down a staircase and someone needs to go up, they wait at the bottom until I'm all the way off before trying to acsend.

When I lose weight, I'll stop avoiding people and places like I do. I HATE being invited anywhere and having to dress up my fat to look nice and minimize my size.

Lastly, I can't wait until i can go to get a pedicure and have the technician not be petrified when it's time to hold up my leg to scrub the bottoms of my feet. That person gets tired, as do I from trying to keep my leg in the air.

#can'twait

The pain directly after waking up from the surgery was the worst of it for me. It was the build up of the gas and such. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and shoulders. Other than that I would say the pain was nominal.

I do not know if I will ever feel normal. I do not feel as skinny as I am. I know this is in the head but I still feel like Im a big dude..

There are so many things I am excited!

- Shopping for clothes in real stores!

- Keeping up with my kids

- Not being the "fat mom"

- Not looking like I am twice my age because I am heavy

2 things that happened this morning:

1. I can't wait to put on a tee shirt and not intentionally stretch the heck out of it before I put it on- just wear it "as is."

2. I have a sports car, and can't wait to sit down gently in the seat - not go with the 1-2-3-DROP method of getting in the driver's seat! Getting out is another issue..... :)

Edited by LisaNLasVegas