Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 lbs...31 lbs... 24lbs... what's wrong with me?

Ok, either I'm seriously behind or further clarification is needed. I had my bypass on 7/8. Same as many others posting lately. My surgery morning weight was 238. Today, I'm at 229. That's 9 lbs. Why is everyone else at 20+ lbs? Are they adding total lbs lost since they started the entire process or is this truly how much since surgery they have lost? I'm beginning to feel like a failure today. I'm doing everything I should. And I realize EVERYONE loses at different rates, but come on, that's more than double what I've lost. I'm afraid to go in to see my surgeon next week and have him think I'm cheating or something since I've not lost as much as others. I know the program will work and everything will fall into place... Just curious if I'm on track as everyone else or if they have truly list these enormous amounts in the past 11 days. :( feeling a little down on myself today.

Edited by HYCIERRA

DO NOT....I repeat....DO NOT get down on yourself OR get discouraged!!!! I started the same way....wondered if this was a repeat of my (failed) Lap-Band attempt.

It will be fine...you are only, what....11 days out???? You WILL lose at different speeds, based not only on starting weight, but on how your body responds to the "trauma" of surgery.

I went SEVERAL MONTHS without losing more than 0-3 pounds TOTAL, but I have now reached a loss of 76 pounds and I lose a pound about every month now witout really even trying.

Up until about month #4-6, if your surgeon makes you feel like you have been non-compliant or "splurging", you should tell him to Ki$$ your A$$!!! Pardon my French, but your body MUST HEAL before you can even think about weight loss. Although now common, bypass is a SIGNIFICANT trauma to your body's normal functioning and you need to supply it with PLENTY of calories, nutrition and rest in order for it to get back to normal.

Hang in there...I know you're impatient, but remember....you didn't gain it all in a month or two, so you're not likely to remove it that quickly either. But....it WILL come off, if you do what you're supposed to do. I know patience is difficult, but it is worth the wait, I promise!!!

Keep us updated on your progress.

Ok, either I'm seriously behind or further clarification is needed. I had my bypass on 7/8. Same as many others posting lately. My surgery morning weight was 238. Today, I'm at 229. That's 9 lbs. Why is everyone else at 20+ lbs? Are they adding total lbs lost since they started the entire process or is this truly how much since surgery they have lost? I'm beginning to feel like a failure today. I'm doing everything I should. And I realize EVERYONE loses at different rates, but come on, that's more than double what I've lost. I'm afraid to go in to see my surgeon next week and have him think I'm cheating or something since I've not lost as much as others. I know the program will work and everything will fall into place... Just curious if I'm on track as everyone else or if they have truly list these enormous amounts in the past 11 days. :( feeling a little down on myself today.

Don't judge yourself by other's remember everybody's different golden rule : ) you should be grateful for what you have already accomplished ...There are alot of people who's probably reading your post saying ...I wish that was me : ) even I wish I was in your shoes I'm still waiting to hear back from bcbs for approval not knowing which way the chips will fall : ( wishing you well on this journey with a great out come.

Im 11 days post op and 10 pounds from surgery day weight. In the hospital I gained 23 pounds of Water weight. So I lost that 23 pounds of Water and 10 pounds of my actual weight.

Im 5'5" tall.

I was 198.2 and am now 188.

I'm also a revision so I expect a slower loss. Im also a lower BMI patient and have less to loose. If I lost 20 pounds in 10 days I'd worry.

You really have to go by your body, bmi and where you're loosing the weight.

Im 11 days post op and 10 pounds from surgery day weight. In the hospital I gained 23 pounds of Water weight. So I lost that 23 pounds of Water and 10 pounds of my actual weight.

Im 5'5" tall.

I was 198.2 and am now 188.

I'm also a revision so I expect a slower loss. Im also a lower BMI patient and have less to loose. If I lost 20 pounds in 10 days I'd worry.

You really have to go by your body, bmi and where you're loosing the weight.

Yes I can understand exactly what you are saying ...my bmi is about 37 and im getting approval for surgery too im going to look at life in a whole different way what ever I lose will be a truly blessing always remember that I have a tool in place to help me be successful toward my long journey I know it will be slower for me with my weight loss but I will hold my head up high and be proud of what I have accomplished looking forward and never looking back ...only to see how far I've came your time will come stick to your Dr plan you will get great results hoping this coming week I will have my surgery date so good luck and I will be here to read you post : )

Seems like the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off. Take your measurements now. When I was in a stall, I was losing inches not pounds. For me, I don't get on the scale that much anymore. I go by the way clothes fit or don't fit. Much happier than worrying about that scale. You need to see your Dr. To make sure everything is o.k. He will know you have been working at it.

Seems like the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off. Take your measurements now. When I was in a stall, I was losing inches not pounds. For me, I don't get on the scale that much anymore. I go by the way clothes fit or don't fit. Much happier than worrying about that scale. You need to see your Dr. To make sure everything is o.k. He will know you have been working at it.

Thanks

Yes. "Lightweights" lose slower as they have less to lose. I am also a slow loser. But better a slow loser than not a loser.

Yes. "Lightweights" lose slower as they have less to lose. I am also a slow loser. But better a slow loser than not a loser.

Ikr I'm very thankful to have had a chance to get this surgery ...I'm waiting approval now , im going to put my best foot forward and really give it all I got ...with this tool im ok with being a slow loser as long as im getting myself to a normal bmi and a Healthy lifestyle making great choices for a Slimmer me ; ) please keep me posted with how you doing , thanks for your post