Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need food suggestions!

I am in need of some suggestions/alternatives to the Protein Shakes. I'm on day 5 of my pre-op diet and I'm already getting tired of the Protein shakes. I did order a sample pack from Unjury but I've only tried the strawberry sorbet so far-yuck! I'm hoping that I can use the unflavored Protein Powder but could use some suggestions on what people have added it to. Any help would be much appreciated! On a positive note, I've been soda free for five days-huge accomplishment for me, the ultimate soda junkie :D

awesome on the pop rescue. that is HUGE! i was a regular mtn dew addict and drank almost a GALLON a day until i just dropped it a couple weeks before my pre-op. it was really much less ceremonious than i thought. now it's been about 2 months for me since i had a pop and truly, no big issues at all!

in response to your main question- i bought ALL the different shakes, mixes etc. i did nectar, Isopure, unjury, etc. the only one that I found i could handle in the end is Muscle Milk Lite. And not the powder, but the pre-mixed. i add some skim milk and TONS of ice. it's almost like an awesome chocolate milk! the Protein you take in NOW is vital to your healing post op. keep in mind that taste buds DO change post op too so what you like now you may not after, and vice versa.

i also found that i couldn't stomach the Unjury unflavored. whey is whey, and it still had that 'taste' of whey in the food i added it to. best of luck to you through this process!

@@mi75 Thanks for your input! I've tried to give up soda but could never stick with it. Knowing that I had to do it for the surgery somehow made it pretty easy for me!

My whole foods near me had sample packs of everything they sell. I picked up one of everything and really liked Tara's Whey.

Go here: http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&keywords=protsamp&SortKey=sku&SortOrder=ascending

It has samples for $2.99 each of most of the major favorites like nectar 100%, BSN Desserts, etc. and just pick some flavors you think you will like, pay $5 for shipping and you can figure out which ones work for you. BUT, don't try them until after surgery, we aren't kidding when we say your taste buds will change!

I didn't like anything from unjury..ick! I use Isopure unflavored when I need to and in Tomato Soup it was pretty good. I prefer actual shakes though. You can also try the IsoPure pre-mixed bottles at GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe but those never worked for me. They are fruity and very thin so I can see why some people like them. I usually added greek yogurt, sometimes frozen fruit, PB2, etc. to my shakes to change them up.

Good luck!