Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 weeks out today. I don't want to eat or drink. I'm not getting my Protein in so I'm tired and I have a very active job. :(

Did you call your doctor? Why can't you eat or drink? Are you nauseous? Have you had any problems prior to this? Please call you doctor. Feel better soon and keep me posted.

Why do you think you don't want to eat or drink?

You may have to do anyway, otherwise you will become dehydrated and malnourished. Even if you're not getting ALL your Fluid and ALL your Protein, you need to get SOMETHING in. Do it with things you like....cheese, eggs, deli-meat. It doesn't have to be a big production. Just get some in you! It's better than the alternative.

i agree with both the above. you don't want to end up in the ER for hydration or worse, tube feeding!

call your surgeon first thing. it could be some silent reflux you are having. you don't necessarily feel it, but it can make you feel like you can't eat. i had it even pre-op for years. a PPI drug did the trick!

also, you may want to just check with your nut. they have heard SO many stories and issues related to surgery and may have some guidance for you.

best of luck!

I can eat and drink. I just don't have the urge to. It's so stressful worrying about the Protein and liquids all the time.

Same here. I had NO desire to eat or drink anything. Getting fluids and Protein was a huge, unwelcome chore. I just MADE myself eat and drink what I knew I was supposed to. After about 3 months, I started feeling more normal and by 4 months my appetite was totally back and I have enjoyed eating ever since. It will get better!

I know how you feel. I have been on TPN through a PICC line for 3 weeks and was just given the go ahead to start my clear liquid diet. I do not have the urge to eat or drink and yes it is a chore at this point but I didn't have this surgery to create more medical issues for myself. I had it to be around to see my grandchildren grow up so at a little more than 3 weeks out I'm getting in at least 64 ounces of fluids daily. Come on you can do this!!!

Edited by lifestartsnow4me

Sometimes you gotta do things you don't like. Taxes. Cleaning up cat or tiny human puke. Cleaning the toilet. But we do these things anyhow because the alternative - being audited by the IRS, slipping in vomit and breaking an elbow or a disgusting malodorous toilet staring back up at you when you go pee are sub-optimal. So eating while not hungry is less than stellar. I get that. I wasn't hungry for two weeks but I did it anyhow because I didn't want to end up in the hospital.

Oh I do it. I know I had this surgery to get healthier. I just don't like it. I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and find I am hungry when I first wake in the mornings.

Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't that the point? You need to drink your Water of course but not wanting to eat is a GOOD thing. This is showtime, the time when you're going to be losing the most weight in the least amount of time!

Try to get some Protein in to help the low energy problem, but otherwise just relax and enjoy the weight loss. As others have said, your appetite will increase soon enough. :)