Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month post-op, eating solids. But how many calories should I be taking in? I haven't had a fill yet (2 wks), and I'm forever hungry. I don't want to take in too much, then have to go back to liquids after my first fill. I know I'll have to be on the liquid diet for a minute, but after I can go back to my solids, how many calories?

Seems like a whole lot of body tricking....

Did you look through your paperwork from the surgeon? Mine is all listed in there and says 1000-1200 calories a day. Of course omitting high fat foods and so on.

The reason I am reminding you to look at your ppw is because I was just looking through mine last night and realized I had forgotten a few things it said and also I skipped a long a little faster on my diet than it suggested.

I am 25 days post op so we are close!

Yup, I've looked at it cover to cover to the point I can almost memorize it. It says NOTHING about calories. Which really surprises me....

Once your band is adjusted you should be consuming 900-1200 calories a day. Most of us had to suffer through Bandster Hell for a few months before our bands were adjusted so that we felt some kind of satiety/restriction. Until that time this is just another diet.

I was in BH for 4 months. I decided not to suffer through the typical diet routine and I tried to eat healthy foods and I usually ate more than 2000/day. But, I also exercised a lot so I was able to maintain my 12 lbs post surgery loss till my 3rd fill in month 4 that allowed my band to start to work it's magic.

If it doesn't mention calories, does it mention portion sizes, and guidelines for Protein intake?

I do recall the doctors office telling me when I was a little frustrated about waiting 6 weeks for a fill after being banded was that this is the time for healing from the surgery not necessarily for weight loss.

With that said, they also told me that they thought I would be about 10lbs down on my next appt. Go figure, lol

I will surpass the 10lbs but thought it was kind of funny.

Waiting on a call back..Curious about calories too. All I've been able to do is about 700..thinking that's way too low at almost 3 weeks post op. Thing is I'm not hungry, but also not losing..scared I'm losing muscle.

Mine says Protein between 60 to 80 grams.

Lol..talked to my nut she said Protein is the most important thing ..she said to keep my butt off of the scales..lol ohhh goodness!

I was banded in june as well. I remember my surgeon saying to intake 800-1000 calories. i have my days where i get hungry faster and i have my days where i'm full for several hrs after Breakfast. I'm scheduled for my first fill on saturday.

Be sure to tell us how the fill goes. So curious about how it feels afterwards.

That is easier said than done!!!

I was banded in March, so a little over 4 months ago. My surgeon advised me to eat between 800-1000 calories a day and to make sure my protien is somewhere between 60-80. I try to reach 80 grams a day. Good luck on your journey.