Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 3 months out of RNY and I recently started to lose lots of hair. I mean it is baaaaad...I brush my hair multiple times every day otherwise all the lose hair will end up on my shirt :(

I made peace with this, not much I can do (yeah yeah take my Protein and my supplements, it doesn't help), so my question is:

WHEN DOES IT STOP?????? When will it slow down? If you started to lose your hair around 3 months out, when did it start to grow back?

I am afraid if I lose my hair as fast as I do, I will be bald in 2 months... :P

Oh and for the record I have lots of hair and pretty thick, and I just had it trimmed (stupid me!) for the summer before the hairloss started. I only say this to let ppl know it happens to everybody, not just the ones with fine hair...

I am in the same boat and don't know what to do. I don't know If I want to take supplements for it. Already taking Fiber, flaxseed oil, Iron, colace, Calcium, multi Vitamin, b12....

I have real fine thin hair to begin with and I had Hair loss.< /p>

But I feel not as much as I would have if I didn't take Biotin chewables from Twin Labs.

I keep my hair real short so it's not as noticeable I don't think.

Hair loss can also be hormonal.

Remember your body went through a big change and still is and your hair will come back.

hair loss is common following weight loss surgery. There are many things that can cause Hair loss but in our case it's triggered by the physical stress of surgery followed by rapid weight loss. The hair loss begins at about 3-4 months following the stress that triggered it and continues for 3-6 months before tapering off and stopping. Then new hair begins to grow. Some people lose a lot, some not so much. Some people swear by Biotin but Biotin has not been proven to have any effect whatsoever on preventing hair loss. It can help the new hair be in the best of health when it does grow in again. Some people say getting all your Protein helps but once the cause has occurred nothing can undo it. Using gentle hair products that won't damage your hair can help what you have look good. Changing your hairstyle or even going shorter can help disguise the hair loss.

I started losing mine at 4 months and it stopped at about 9-10 months. I'm 13 1/2 months out now and my hairdresser has noticed a lot of new Hair growth. I'm going to continue keeping it short until the new hair catches up so it's thick again.

Don't be dismayed! IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY. If someone told me I would lose 120 pounds by shaving my head (and it was true) I would've happily shaved it bald! :-)

For more facts and the science behind it Google Weight Loss Surgery + Hair Loss

I am having my surgery soon and read that I may lose some hair. I am worried about that because I use to have thick hair. I lost a lot because of uncontrolled diabetes. It is very thin on top. After surgery I am afraid that I will be even thinner on top. How do you suggest I cover that and still look stylish.

I am having my surgery soon and read that I may lose some hair. I am worried about that because I use to have thick hair. I lost a lot because of uncontrolled diabetes. It is very thin on top. After surgery I am afraid that I will be even thinner on top. How do you suggest I cover that and still look stylish.

I have not tried it but I might will if my hairloss doesnt slow down, I have read from an other user she is using it and she loves it, it's called toppik, it's a hair building fiber for thinning hair or bald spots...not too pricey so worth a try...?

http://www.toppik.com/

I six months post op and my Hair loss is finally back to normal. I had super thick hair before and now it is just right. I'm hoping it doesn't grow back all the hair. Lol

I six months post op and my Hair loss is finally back to normal. I had super thick hair before and now it is just right. I'm hoping it doesn't grow back all the hair. Lol

Ohhh you give me hope, I pray this hair losing phase will only last a short while, like 2-3 months, I could handle that...

Ahhh, if only I could lose the hair on my legs rather than on my head, I'd be in heaven!!

Ahhh, if only I could lose the hair on my legs rather than on my head, I'd be in heaven!!

Hycierra- I laughed when I read this! I hAvent experienced any Hair loss as I havent had my surgery yet (I meet surgeon this wednesday to pick date). My mom did but it all grew back.

-AP

Ahhh girl, and underarm and bikini line, now that would be awesome :D

Happy bonus: the hair on my legs and armpits stopped growing when the hair on my head started falling out. I haven't had to shave my legs or my pits in months - I think is was last October. I shaved once in April when I went to California (there were random bits of stubble here and there - I could feel it but it wasn't visible). :-)

I just talked to my PA about this. She said that it will usually stop around the 7-8 month mark, or when weightloss slows down.