Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saw my surgeon today! Surgery is tentatively set for September 25! So excited for the future!

Congrats my date is 09/25 also

Awesome!!! Where are you?

I got my date and am so excited! September 15th! YeeHaw!

Hello, I am Patricia. My surgery is tentatively scheduled for September 23rd. I am praying it gets moved up to earlier in September. I don't have to do the pre-op diet. I am ready to get it done mentally, a little nervous and anxious at the same time. Good luck to you all!

Hi Patricia, my name is Leigh and I am tentatively scheduled for 9/23 as well! I have 1 more pre-op class next Tuesday, a cardiology appt. and my endoscopy left. My case is going to the hospital board next Friday and then to the insurance company for approval. I am so afraid they are going to deny me and it's going to take longer and I will have to change all of my appointments!

Hey Everyone!

My name is Katarina, I'm 26 and I live in Minnesota! Just met with my surgeon today to schedule my VSG! I chose Tuesday, September 2nd, the day after Labor Day! My pre-op liquid diet starts Saturday, August 23rd. Wondering if anyone else is having surgery on or around this date? I would LOVE to have a surgery buddy! Someone who is going through what I am, when I am, so we can help each other out! Also, if anyone has an Instagram, my user name is liberianne_gal. I follow tons of amazing men and women who have went through Weight Loss Surgery and have fantastic stories! Can't wait to create my own!

Hope to talk to some of you soon!

Katarina :D

Hi im getting my on September 10 because my surgeon went on vacation but im happy insurance approve my surgery thats all that matter ....I need a buddy to

Mine is September 10 too

That's great- I start my preop diet on the 25th, then 2 days before surgery go to Clear Liquids.

I'm constantly thinking about my life now, my first couple weeks after, then life after. It's all excitement, not really nerves-

I started making lists, and my surgeon says no lifting more than 10 pounds for 4 weeks... So I made project lists I want to do beforehand-

My husband said the 2 days before I will just be " nesting" like when we had our kids-lol

That's kind of the excitement I feel-

Hello all I'm new here! My name is Krystle; I am currently scheduled for my Gastric Sleeve on Sept 3rd. I'm excited but very, very nervous especially about the 2 week Protein liquid diet that I have to start on the 20th. Does anyone have any tips on getting through this?

Edited by krystle042004

Hi I am Gammie. My surgery is scheduled for Sep 3. I am excited. I go for my pre-op on Aug 25. Don't know what to expect. Have any of you been for yours yet. What did they do??

I cant stand Protein drinks!!!! So I have been nervouse about having to depend on drinking them. I bought a few sample packs and tried my first one this morning. I was a carribean drink from nectar brand and guess what? I dont hate it :P I can still smell the Protein but I cant really tast it and it is simple, just shake in water.. ta da its done, now I am excited to try the other flavors and I am optimistic...

Got my tentative surgery date 9/23/14!!!! Yay!!!!!!

oh! I live in Southbridge. I go to umass for lupus. I'm getting mine done at Tufts in Boston though. Good luck!!

I'm Steph...also in Boston and having my surgery at Tufts.

My date is September 29. I just turned 39 and I am anxious and excited.

Have only told 4 people so far my husband, 2 of my best friends and my boss. I am telling my in-laws and my brother and sister this weekend....nervous about their reactions. I may tell a couple of other close friends (3 or so) before surgery but not sure if I'll tell anyone else. If so, might not tell them until later.

Good luck to everyone! I am looking forward to sharing the journey with you all!

Hi all! I am Lauran, I live in Florida. I met with my doc last week, I am in process of getting my pre-surgery testing completed...almost done! Once done I can schedule my surgery, almost certain it will be in September - that is my plan anyway :) I have been looking into this for a couple of years and am finally going to do it. Excited and terrified at the same time!

Hello! I am new to the site. I just came across it last night. My name is Betsy & I am scheduled for VSG on September 4th. August was booked so I could pick any day in September. I told them any day except September 2nd. That's my birthday. I had to start the pre-op liquid diet on August 7th as my surgeon wanted me to be on it for 28 days. I'm getting tired of shakes already. LOL So 18 more days for me.

I started at 266# & I'm at 240# now. I'm hoping to lose more before surgery. My goal is 130#.

Hi Betsy. I'm going the same day as you. I can't believe it's right around the corner. Unlike you I don't have to do liquid diet before hand. My stats are close to yours. I weighed 257 but right now I'm at 243. My goal is 150. They told me that 80 lbs would be more realistic but I want to prove them wrong.

Where do you live? I'm from Massachusett. Let's be surgery buddies.