Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!! My surgeon said I should lose 70% which would take me to 186 if I figured that right. I'm like you! I want to prove them wrong. I live in Illinois. Born & raised.

My surgeon normally uses 14 or 28 day liquid diets. My BMI put me in the 14 day, but because I carry most of my weight all up front in my belly, he put me on 28 days. He said it was his gift to me.

I'd love to be surgery buddies! 18 days & counting! (I don't count surgery day)

Hi all! I am Lauran, I live in Florida. I met with my doc last week, I am in process of getting my pre-surgery testing completed...almost done! Once done I can schedule my surgery, almost certain it will be in September - that is my plan anyway :) I have been looking into this for a couple of years and am finally going to do it. Excited and terrified at the same time!

Where in Florida, Lauren? I'm in Cape Coral. Having surgery with Dr Shieh.

Well, I am scheduled for Sept 9. Haven't been on here for a while, but would like to keep up with you all. I have an embarrassing question. Most of you are posting your weight loss and your goals. I am thinking a lot about the surgery, but right now I am not interested in checking my weight. I did a 6 month supervised "diet" for insurance. Didn't lose much, but lost enough. Lol! Now I am trying to sample.... or rather eat my fill of..... everything I LOVE. Envisioning that I will never get these things again. Am I the only one eating like crazy the last few weeks before the pre-surgery diet starts????? I guess I am having a lot of fear about the whole thing and this is how I am coping with the dramatic nature of the whole thing. Getting my stomach removed! Eeeeek!

Anyone else?

Sheri~

I am scheduled for Sept 15th. I started my journey in June and I feel like I flew right through it. I have a two week liquid diet starting on Sept 1st.

September 30th here :)

Well, I am scheduled for Sept 9. Haven't been on here for a while, but would like to keep up with you all. I have an embarrassing question. Most of you are posting your weight loss and your goals. I am thinking a lot about the surgery, but right now I am not interested in checking my weight. I did a 6 month supervised "diet" for insurance. Didn't lose much, but lost enough. Lol! Now I am trying to sample.... or rather eat my fill of..... everything I LOVE. Envisioning that I will never get these things again. Am I the only one eating like crazy the last few weeks before the pre-surgery diet starts????? I guess I am having a lot of fear about the whole thing and this is how I am coping with the dramatic nature of the whole thing. Getting my stomach removed! Eeeeek! Anyone else? Sheri~

No you're not alone! I still have to lose 6 pounds to reach the goal my surgeon gave me. I have 6 weeks to get there but yeah, I am enjoying myself too. Today I had a lobster roll, onion rings (shared with hubby) and ice cream.

The weekend after Labor Day we are going away for the weekend and there is a place that has a Sunday Breakfast buffet we love with the best French toast sticks and I am planning to enjoy some (will try not to go crazy)

I know one day I'll be able to have these things again in moderation but I feel like I need to enjoy them one last time before surgery. I plan to follow the plan my nutritionist gave me to get me to where the surgeon wants me (2 Protein Shakes a day...or three and a Protein Bar as a snack, plus a healthy dinner of veggies, Protein and whole grains) 98% of the time until surgery (I don't have to do all liquids or anything special except for two days before) but I am having a few fond farewells in between now and then.

Edited by BurberryPlaid

No you're not alone! I still have to lose 6 pounds to reach the goal my surgeon gave me. I have 6 weeks to get there but yeah, I am enjoying myself too. Today I had a lobster roll, onion rings (shared with hubby) and ice cream.

The weekend after Labor Day we are going away for the weekend and there is a place that has a Sunday breakfast buffet we love with the best French toast sticks and I am planning to enjoy some (will try not to go crazy)

I know one day I'll be able to have these things again in moderation but I feel like I need to enjoy them one last time before surgery. I plan to follow the plan my nutritionist gave me to get me to where the surgeon wants me (2 Protein Shakes a day...or three and a Protein bar as a snack, plus a healthy dinner of veggies, protein and whole grains) 98% of the time until surgery (I don't have to do all liquids or anything special except for two days before) but I am having a few fond farewells in between now and then.

Great to hear! Are you feeling nervous about the whole idea? I alternate between nervous and excited!

I'm actually leaving on a cruise tomorrow. I had my last weight maintenance class yesterday. I am going to enjoy everything I want on the cruise. I just am. However, since I had my endoscope last Wednesday and they told me I had a hiatal hernia and swollen esophagus, I just can't eat too much. I think they pissed my stomach off already ha ha. Anyway, I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Pre-op Fluid diet will be here before I know it.

Great to hear! Are you feeling nervous about the whole idea? I alternate between nervous and excited!

Oh God yes!

Mostly I am excited. I am dreaming of all the good things that will be forthcoming like no more diabetes meds, cute clothes from stores I always wanted to shop in and getting to do more fun things like buying a nice bike and going on long rides.

But I have my moments. Last night I got pretty anxious and started worrying about how hard it's going to be. I'm also worried about telling people. I'm probably telling my husband's parents tomorrow and I don't know how they'll react. The other day I was obsessing about people at work talking about me once I have a noticeable loss (I have only told my best friend at work and my boss and that's probably the only two people I'm going to tell)

I'm a September sleever. First time posting here, but I've been reading. September 8th is my date. Nervous and excited. Mostly want my surgical recovery to go smoothly. Nervous about my 2 week liquid diet before hand.

Got my tentative surgery date 9/23/14!!!! Yay!!!!!!

My tentative date is 9/23 as well!!

Woo HOO! I have a date--9/3 (day after my 52nd birthday). Liver shrink diet starts now.

Georgia

Hi all,

I'm another one that is on 9/8. I am from Dallas. Good luck to everyone! :)

Hi Guys and Gals, So the journey begins on September 23rd........Pre-op diet starts two weeks prior.....This has been a lifetime battle that is about to end.......I will keep you all posted.......