Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,<br> My name is Michelle, I'm from CT and my surgery is scheduled for September 25th. I am getting the Gastric Sleeve done. My pre-op diet starts 9/11. Have to say it is nice to be part of a group that's going through the same thing I will be undergoing soon. :)

I haven't told too many people...gotten mixed reactions from the few I have. Negativity is exactly what I DON'T need. They're trying to be supportive, but... Maybe I'm just being hyper-sensitive. Told my boss because I had to explain why I'll be out for at least a few weeks. Knowing how people talk in my office, I'm sure everyone will know soon enough.

The only people that know are my immediate family and the people I work with. I work in a small office. Everyone seems ok with my decision and support me all the way.

I have told only 2 girlfriends and a little family . My supervisor at work knows too.

I plan to say " a little help, diet and exercise", and a lot of hard work.

To me it's private, I don't want for people who are uninformed to think this is my easy way out- I've been working at this for 18 months- it's not easy.

I am scheduled for Sept 8 in Tijuana with Dr. Valenzuela. Im a sooo excited and nurvise lol.. I have told my family and co-workers. There all pretty supportive, I have had some comments on how I should just go on a diet and loose it my self.. You know cause I have never tried that before..

Anyways Cant wait!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WERE ALMOST THERE!

Hi everyone my name is, Nicolette. I am having my surgery on September 15. I am so excited, also very nervous. My preop diet will start September 1 and last until day of surgery. I am 5feet 8 inches,and weigh 277, My goal weight is 170. Im wishing you all well on your journeys. Your all in my thoughts. nicolette

I am scheduled for 9/8 in Nashville TN. I live in West KY. Excited but nervous.

Hi Katie, any word on your appeal yet?

Hey! I do know where Pottstown is! We were actually looking at houses up that way! I'm hopefully having mine at Abington hospital. Working on my appeal letter for insurance now.

Hey! Well I mailed in my appeal last week and they got it last Friday morning. (Sent certified and with signature required :) and I ended up with strep throat and NO VOICE!! so I was gonna call but I've been outta work the last 2 days with this nasty thing. So as soon as I get my voice back I'm going to call!! Keep me in your prayers please!! And thanks for thinkin of me :)

Oh no, I'm sorry you're not feeling well :( Maybe if you give them until Friday, they will have the answer you are looking for and you will feel better all the way around! Good luck! Keep me posted!!

Hey! Well I mailed in my appeal last week and they got it last Friday morning. (Sent certified and with signature required :) and I ended up with strep throat and NO VOICE!! so I was gonna call but I've been outta work the last 2 days with this nasty thing. So as soon as I get my voice back I'm going to call!! Keep me in your prayers please!! And thanks for thinkin of me :)

Oh no, I'm sorry you're not feeling well :( Maybe if you give them until Friday, they will have the answer you are looking for and you will feel better all the way around! Good luck! Keep me posted!!

I definitely will!! Thank you so much!

I just got my date, September 4th!!!! I am going through Dr Minkin at Des peres in St. Louis. 3 day pre op diet. I am so excited!!!!!

I told 3 people, my boss, my mom, and my son. My boss totally supports me but my mom has been very jugemental about the surgery. She probably thinks i have changed my mind because i dont talk about it. I just dont want to deal with anyones opinion on a decision i have already made for myself. I am wondering if anyone drove themselves home after being discharged?

Im not driving home, but I will be driving to pick my mom up from the airport The day after I get home. Shes coming to take care of me lol... My husband will be away for work :(

it might be a good idea to find someone to drive you home or take a taxi untill you have had time to relax. Better to be safe then sorry!

Hello All,

I would like to stay connected as well. Surgery date is 9/17/14. While very nervous, I am also excited and ready for my new life to begin. My Doc has not pt me on a liquid diet before, hummm. My friend said she only had to do a liquid diet a day before. I guess each Doctor is different. God luck everyone, Let's stay connected! I'm in San Francisco area.

Hello,

My name is Michelle, in from CT and my surgery is scheduled for September 25th. I am getting the Gastric Sleeve done. My pre-op diet starts 9/11. Have to say it is nice to be part of a group that's going through the same thing I will be undergoing soon. :)

Hi Michelle my name is Char I'm in NC my date is September 25th also and I too start my pre-op diet on 09/11

Hello All,

I would like to stay connected as well. Surgery date is 9/17/14. While very nervous, I am also excited and ready for my new life to begin. My Doc has not pt me on a liquid diet before, hummm. My friend said she only had to do a liquid diet a day before. I guess each Doctor is different. God luck everyone, Let's stay connected! I'm in San Francisco area.

My surgery is on 9/17/14 too! My doc hasn't put me on a liquid either. I have pre-op and pre-admission testing on 8/28. So far my doctor's nurse has only said nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery. I'm wondering if I'll receive more instructions on the 28th. I'm so excited! It seems like September is taking forever to get here!