Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need AUGUST bypass buddies!

The date is set...Aug 12th! Its been 7 months since my first appt...and here I am, scared, nervous and so excited. I'll be having hernia repair, bypass and gallbladder taken out in one shot. Anyone who had anything similar to those procedures, I'm super interested to hear of your recovery and how long before returning to work (though I realize everyone is different). I would love to buddy up with someone!

I have surgery on the 14th. I will be your buddy!!!!

Mine was just scheduled for August 19th so I am gonna keep an eye on you two!! :) I am a little anxious because of some medical problems but sooo excited to get it over with ... and start on my new adventure!!

By the way, I am 61 and in Vero Beach, Florida.

Sounds good my sister in Jacksonville Florida

Hello fellow dieters, I have my surgery on the 7th of August, after many years of debating and dieting. I have had my pre-op testing done and have been on a low carb high Protein diet. My doctor did not specify that I had to do Clear Liquids or keep to the two week all liquid that many Dr's say to do. but he told me if I have a fatty liver he will not be able to do the surgery, I think I have gone too far doing only liquids though because I am really tired and fatigued. I have lost 10 pounds in the last week and 4 more days of liquids. I am suffering, but I have done a lot of searching and found that there is a lot of misinformation and older information available that has been proven unnecessary. Like massive bowel prep is no longer needed like in the old days, and only 2-3 days of clear liquids is necessary, as long as you have stuck to your diet and shrunk your liver. I am having hernia repair and bypass, I am 269 pounds and my heaviest weight was 280. I would be happy to be buddies with anyone also having bypass in August, 2014. I am looking for txt buddies as well since I am not always near a computer. If your interested in sharing the experience let me know.

Hello fellow dieters, I have my surgery on the 7th of August, after many years of debating and dieting. I have had my pre-op testing done and have been on a low carb high Protein diet. My doctor did not specify that I had to do clear liquids or keep to the two week all liquid that many Dr's say to do. but he told me if I have a fatty liver he will not be able to do the surgery, I think I have gone too far doing only liquids though because I am really tired and fatigued. I have lost 10 pounds in the last week and 4 more days of liquids. I am suffering, but I have done a lot of searching and found that there is a lot of misinformation and older information available that has been proven unnecessary. Like massive bowel prep is no longer needed like in the old days, and only 2-3 days of clear liquids is necessary, as long as you have stuck to your diet and shrunk your liver. I am having hernia repair and bypass, I am 269 pounds and my heaviest weight was 280. I would be happy to be buddies with anyone also having bypass in August, 2014. I am looking for txt buddies as well since I am not always near a computer. If your interested in sharing the experience let me know.

Congrats to you : ) I'll be waiting to read all your post keep in touch.

The date is set...Aug 12th! Its been 7 months since my first appt...and here I am, scared, nervous and so excited. I'll be having hernia repair, bypass and gallbladder taken out in one shot. Anyone who had anything similar to those procedures, I'm super interested to hear of your recovery and how long before returning to work (though I realize everyone is different). I would love to buddy up with someone!

I'm scheduled for August 12 as well. On day 1 of liquid diet and it's ok as long as I turn off the tv and not see food commercials all day. I too am getting a hernia repair. My nerves have been all over the place but I have a great hubby who is doing a liquid diet also just to help me out. I'm looking forward to September 12 to see a month of changes.

I'm home guys, I had a really rough weekend but I'm feeling a little better now. When they got in there they were surprised to find my stomach had herniated into my chest cavity and was just hanging out with my lungs!! They had to fix that and physically move my stomach into the right place. Needless to say I was in a LOT more pain than we were all expecting, they had to put me on Diuladid every two hours until we got the pain under control enough for me to walk and get rid of the gas pains that were just making everything worse. The gas pains aren't gone and I actually haven't even passed any gas but hopefully I will soon. I've got the pain pretty much under control with the Lortab but I am extremely sore. I'm very happy to be home and am getting around pretty good and taking in some Protein and Water which is encouraging, I know things will get better every day and with all they found when I was under I'm nearly guaranteed to get some relief!! Besides feeling like my insides were torn up a bit, swallowing is pretty good which was the original problem so yay! I had a drain and a pain ball and they were both removed today, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be though and it was done quick.

Everything is healing and I know I'll be feeling better and losing weight soon so besides feeling like I was going to die on Saturday I'm a pretty happy camper. I've got a bit of a cough so I'm using my breathing machine and watching my temp to make sure I don't get Pneumonia so fingers crossed for that!

I can promise that the pain is only temporary and will get better and I'm hoping this surgery will make you guys feel better too! I'm off to nap which I'm doing pretty often and it gives me more energy to walk which makes me feel even better :)

Praying you feel better each day!

I'm home guys, I had a really rough weekend but I'm feeling a little better now. When they got in there they were surprised to find my stomach had herniated into my chest cavity and was just hanging out with my lungs!! They had to fix that and physically move my stomach into the right place. Needless to say I was in a LOT more pain than we were all expecting, they had to put me on Diuladid every two hours until we got the pain under control enough for me to walk and get rid of the gas pains that were just making everything worse. The gas pains aren't gone and I actually haven't even passed any gas but hopefully I will soon. I've got the pain pretty much under control with the Lortab but I am extremely sore. I'm very happy to be home and am getting around pretty good and taking in some Protein and Water which is encouraging, I know things will get better every day and with all they found when I was under I'm nearly guaranteed to get some relief!! Besides feeling like my insides were torn up a bit, swallowing is pretty good which was the original problem so yay! I had a drain and a pain ball and they were both removed today, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be though and it was done quick. Everything is healing and I know I'll be feeling better and losing weight soon so besides feeling like I was going to die on Saturday I'm a pretty happy camper. I've got a bit of a cough so I'm using my breathing machine and watching my temp to make sure I don't get Pneumonia so fingers crossed for that! I can promise that the pain is only temporary and will get better and I'm hoping this surgery will make you guys feel better too! I'm off to nap which I'm doing pretty often and it gives me more energy to walk which makes me feel even better :)

So glad everything went well and your home! Now you can heal and start your new life!!! Keep us posted. I go in tomorrow for surgery. Will post as soon as I can

Hang in there Becky!! You can do it!!

Yep, I'm feeling great and getting fluids and Protein down with no real troubles! I'm healing and loving how I'm having NO pain with swallowing..it's so unreal how fast this surgery worked for me!!

That's so good to hear/read! I'm praying it just keeps getting better for you ;-)

Well, today is the big day!!!! I'm really nervous but trying to be calm for my family because their nerves are worse than mine. Hope everyone is doing good this morning.

You will do fine! Let us know how you are doing afterwards. See you on the bench!

Well, today is the big day!!!! I'm really nervous but trying to be calm for my family because their nerves are worse than mine. Hope everyone is doing good this morning.

I sure will. Thanks for everyone's support. Love it!!!!!