Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need AUGUST bypass buddies!

There was not a weight loss requirement for me to have surgery but a liquid diet was recommended to me by my dietician because of my liver condition. It is suppose to shrink the liver from what I read. I am trying to do everything in my power to make this attempt a success. I am really glad she put me on the liquid diet because it is getting me prepared for after surgery and I discovered I am not a good sipper. I have been using sippy cups to help me practice. My potassium level was low so I have been taking a potassium pill twice a day - there is no way to swallow a horse pill - no let me rephrase that - elephant pill just sipping. Hope I can stop those after surgery because each one could be the size of a meal.

I am using my fitness pal to help me track my food, Water and weight. Since I first started with that about 3 weeks ago, I have lost about 15 pounds - I cannot tell it. One thing that keeps me focused and supports me is my family. They all know it is something I not only need to do but want to do for myself. My 25th wedding anniversary is in February and I want to be able to get in a cute outfit that I do not necessarily have to get from the big girl section.

Tomorrow's the day...so scared.

You're gonna do fine. I'll say a prayer for you to guide the hands of the surgeons and for a speedy recovery.

Tomorrow's the day...so scared.

rh !

Im so excited for you!! I know it is scary but medicine is so advanced now!!! I am very confident!! Im right behind you , mine is Wednesday!!! Best wishes to you and please keep me posted!!

Gabriela 6

rh !

Im so excited for you!! I know it is scary but medicine is so advanced now!!! I am very confident!! Im right behind you , mine is Wednesday!!! Best wishes to you and please keep me posted!!

Gabriela 6

Thank you for your support! I'll try and update afterwards tomorrow.

Surgery is always scary - that's normal - I know everything will be fine - for anyone who has been through the procedure did any family stay with you at night? My husband is debating.

Well, I am almost 12 hours post surgery. Took them a few hours to get on top of it. I had WIKED belly gas at first.

Now I am sore, but not horribly sore. I have been sipping on diluted crystal light lemonade for hours. I have gotten about 16 ounces of that down. Best tasting lemonade ever!!

If my wimpy butt can do this, anyone can. Just follow the direction!

Had surgery on 8/5, my mom ended up staying with me. I would recommend someone staying with u the first night. Sometimes the nursing staff can't come right when you need them.

Surgery is always scary - that's normal - I know everything will be fine - for anyone who has been through the procedure did any family stay with you at night? My husband is debating.

Hi - my name is Maryann - Wicked-Storm is my Deviant Art name. My daughter was posting her artwork and I wanted to make sure the website was ok. She may be 16 but I am still mom. I am into photography si if you would like to check it out go to http://wicked-storm.deviantart.com/gallery/. Tomorrow is the big day and my heart rate is astronomically high - I have had anxiety attacks which is unlike me. I cannot help wonder why I was pushed to a 1:30 pm surgery. In my mind I am almost confident it is just in case things don't go like the surgeon wants. I am even dreaming about it - not a restful sleep at all - I end up waking myself up because I don't like the dream. I know it sounds weird. Any other suggestions from those who have had it are welcomed. Lost 11.2 pounds with liquid diet the had me on - I was hoping on 15 :( but that's ok.

Your fears are not misplaced. It's an invasive surgery. But, the good news is, like many have said, it's been around a long time so it's almost routine. My doctor had done so many, he could probably do it in his sleep. Im betting yours is the same. A majority of these surgeries go off without a hitch. Just focus on that. The chances of there being a problem are slim. Ask your doc or anesthesiologist for something to calm your nerves when you check in. Stress is bad for the body, so you gotta find a way to relax.

You have to trust your surgical team. I was really freaked out about a week before my surgery. I managed to calm my nerves. Coming on here helped, and talking to the staff and nurses at my surgeons office. My surgery went so well I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I was worried for nothing ;-) as long as I stick to the guidelines, I don't expect any issues.

Ps. I only lost about 12lbs pre op, but they only really wanted me to lose at least 10. You're on the right track!

Thanks for the support - my surgery time has changed for the 3rd time - now at 10 am - better than waiting over 12 hours with nothing to drink. Going to stay up to midnight for one last drink of Water before going to bed.

Good thinking!! Take advantage of the sugar free popsicles in the hospital too, they are so refreshing!! I'll pray for a smooth surgery and quick and easy recovery!

So, it's the day after surgery and everything is going good. The nurses have given me the nickname of "road-runner" as I have completed 30 laps of the ward so far (cumulative). No nausea or vomiting, little pain and little gas. Was most happy to get my catheter out this morning :)

Just waiting on Fluid test this morning so I can move to the Clear Liquids and away from the ice chips.< /p>

So, it's the day after surgery and everything is going good. The nurses have given me the nickname of "road-runner" as I have completed 30 laps of the ward so far (cumulative). No nausea or vomiting, little pain and little gas. Was most happy to get my catheter out this morning :)<br><br> Just waiting on Fluid test this morning so I can move to the clear liquids and away from the ice chips.< /p>

. So glad you are doing well, Road Runner!! My surgery us a week from today -- lap band removal & gastric bypass! Hope they can do it all at once. Started pre-op diet this am! Crunching on raw carrots ( allowed) for the chew factor! Getting cortisone injection into knee tomorrow so I can be a road runner, too!