Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need AUGUST bypass buddies!

My surgery is 25 Aug. I feel nervous and exciting.

I do not know what to expect at hospital I am looking forward to surgery but not all the BS that goes with it.

I guess i do not like hospitals or surgery just want it over.

Ok my surgery went well woke up from recovery with severe chest pain doctor told me it was the gas. Stayed in hosptial 2 days and finally at home. Drinking liquids walking alot but still have gas pain.Hope it goes away soon.

My surgery is 25 Aug. I feel nervous and exciting.

I do not know what to expect at hospital I am looking forward to surgery but not all the BS that goes with it.

I guess i do not like hospitals or surgery just want it over.

Ok my surgery went well woke up from recovery with severe chest pain doctor told me it was the gas. Stayed in hosptial 2 days and finally at home. Drinking liquids walking alot but still have gas pain.Hope it goes away soon.

Congrats on surgery! I just had my 1week post op appts today. Everything has been getting better each day! Hang in there, the hardest part is over!

Had my surgery on the 25th and they scratched my throat so bad that I cant swallow. Im having a hard time getting my food down.

it will go away, keep walking that is what helped me. My shoulder pain was gone before I left the hospital, I was there for four days as low oxygen level and low blood platelets were a concern. Take your pain meds too, I tried to go without mine and it is not worth it. Glad you are home. Everyday it gets easier.

Hey guys! I am just wondering if any of you are feeling hungry at all? I am two weeks out of surgery and on the purée diet but have the sensation of being hungry. Not sure if any of you have had this too? I hope it gets better!

Hey guys! I am just wondering if any of you are feeling hungry at all? I am two weeks out of surgery and on the purée diet but have the sensation of being hungry. Not sure if any of you have had this too? I hope it gets better!

I get hungry but it tends to be after watching those horrible commercials on tv or smelling something good. I think its mostly in my head. Its also from being sick of eating in the pureed stage but just hit soft foods so that helps with options. Keep yourself busy!

Hunger is one of the strangest parts so far. If I feel "hungry" it usually is also only after smelling or seeing something. But if I go into my pantry or try to think of something to make - absolutely nothing sounds good to actually eat! I am usually making myself take the 4-5 bits of food because I HAVE to not normally because I need to due to hunger. I think that is what the "Head Hunger" you hear people talking about is. Our minds are in the habit of us eating much more and more often than our new bodies will allow us to - so it thinks there is no possible way those 3 bites are enough! One of my main problems right now is just keeping down the few bites I do take! I tend to regurgitate half the time! Don't think its from not chewing enough cause how much mushier can you get yogurt or Water?

I have been having a rough past few days with lots of nausea and abdominal pain so I hope that starts to improve. I am also kind of upset because I thought that my open abdominal wound would have been healed by now but I still have to pack it with gauze daily :/ . I am so sorry roostertail that this has been so rough for you and I pray that things get better for you as time goes on (hopefully sooner than later) if you need to vent or chat please feel free to message me! We are all in this together!

• Sorry to hear about your issues Pion! You have it way worse than me! My scars are going pretty good - only have 1 that is kinds red around the incision - and have 1 that had a stitch sticking through it..cut it off as best I could but still feel a little of it! They had to use Glue for the incisions on me because am allergic to sterastrips. I hope you heal real soon..

So good to hear how other August bypass folks are doing. I had my surgery Aug. 8th and tomorrow I Celebrate 4 weeks post op. 40 lbs. lost pre- surgery and 12 lbs. lost since. I am feeling great and eating soft meats now, so much easier to get in the Protein now. Good luck to all. Stay on track and it gets better. Hydrate and protein everyone.

• Sorry to hear about your issues Pion! You have it way worse than me! My scars are going pretty good - only have 1 that is kinds red around the incision - and have 1 that had a stitch sticking through it..cut it off as best I could but still feel a little of it! They had to use Glue for the incisions on me because am allergic to sterastrips. I hope you heal real soon..

Thank you for your support! He used glue on all the rest of my incisions but he couldn't glue the largest incision so he stitched the muscle and now it's been healing from the inside out. It will get there I just have to remember its a process.

I'm now 15 days post op! Down 67lbs YTD. 11lbs down since surgery! Starting to see the difference! :)post-220269-14099238379408_thumb.jpg

Congrats! You look great!

Good luck to you. After my endoscope my surgeon told me I'm not a candidate for sleeve because it would increase my gerd. Since then I have read so much about folks having terrible gerd and going for revisions. This confirms my decision to move forward with bypass. I wish you luck and a speedy recovery.

Problem is I DID have RNY! They prescribed me some liquid reflux medicine to coat my stomach. Last night I had a really hard time. I threw up once and then dry heaved for almost 2 hours non stop. At one point I was heaving so bad I couldn't catch my breath! Normally I just regurgitate so this was the first time things actually came up from stomach! Only had a few small bites of soft food so not sure what happened. It was the first time I really questioned doing this whole thing! I am back to my senses today so don't feel that way now. I know there will be days that I don't feel good so I need to be prepared for them. My family was wanting to take me to the emergency room but I told them no - I am not wasting money just to have them tell me I am dehydrated and give me fluids and a nausea shot! I already knew I am dehydrated I cant get in the liquids like I am supposed to and it is catching up with me...So today my best friend who also works with me is being a Water demon and making me drink a glass of water every 1-2 hours!

Good luck to you. After my endoscope my surgeon told me I'm not a candidate for sleeve because it would increase my gerd. Since then I have read so much about folks having terrible gerd and going for revisions. This confirms my decision to move forward with bypass. I wish you luck and a speedy recovery.