Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need AUGUST bypass buddies!

Hi! I've been stalking the site for sometime. :) My operation date is Aug. 4, just around the corner. Very nervous.

Hi! I've been stalking the site for sometime. :) My operation date is Aug. 4, just around the corner. Very nervous.

Great news ..keep posting looking forward to reading your before and after surgery

I am 44 and having full bypass on August 22. I also have Barret's. I can't imagine how bad it would suck to have one procedure and not have it go well. I am so glad you are getting it fixed. I just lost my dad to esophageal cancer in and I am going to do whatever I can to prevent that. I starting to have anxiety attacks and have had to take Xanax nearly every night lately. I am hoping that will pass. It is going to be a long 22 days waiting. Good luck tomorrow.

Rooster, I'm getting so excited, 4 more days left for us! By the way i got your friend request in my email, can't figure out how to except it through the phone app.

August 5th - 1 week from today! YEAH!!!!

I know! CRAZY!!!! Cant wait - I am soooo ready!

Rooster, I'm getting so excited, 4 more days left for us! By the way i got your friend request in my email, can't figure out how to except it through the phone app.

Audry'grandma - I also have an issue with wanting to eat more. I have a major sweet tooth and have been stuffing my face with cupcakes for fear of never getting to have them again! lol. Problem with that is we are only going backwards by gaining extra weight. On top of that I am trying to quit smoking or my surgeon wont touch me - so that also makes me want to eat more!! So since all of us want buddies - anyone interested in creating new group where we can keep in contact? I also have Facebook page - but have not told everyone so didnt want to have posts on there... BTW - my name is Ruth and I am in Atlanta GA...46 years old

I am about 2 months from surgery and would love to be part of a group! You and I sound very similar. Lisa

Hey Lisa - I created another group under general called ALL IN August.

I am about 2 months from surgery and would love to be part of a group! You and I sound very similar. Lisa

My surgery is set for August 5th.

Audry Grandma and Ruth !

I too have a need to eat everything off the face of the earth before the big day! Also in my family I feel that Im having too many last dinner situtation!! My surgery date got change to 8/13 . By the way Im 49 and my name is Gabriela. I m lame at navigating this site.! Im learning though!! Best wishes to us all!!

I had my surgery today. & Im heading home. The only problem I'm having is this darn gas bubble. I've walked & walked but it's giving me chest pains under my rib cage. Any helpful ideas?

Well now we have 2 guys in here :) Am having my pre-op on the 8th and bypass surgery on the 12th. Am 44 years old, 345 lbs currently (was 365 when I started the process). Looking forward to getting this done and starting a new phase of my life.

Hi everyone! I'm not scheduled til Sep 10th, but wanted to say hello and wish you all the best! Hope we can turn this into an Aug-Sep area so the Sep's can learn from the Aug's. lol

I'm 41, having the full gastric bypass, had to wait 6 months cuz of insurance (but kinda glad now), had 4 open lower abdomen surgeries (all in the 90's), am scared and excited...but so ready! Would love to keep up with everyone here...I work nights and our only support groups here are at night, and the boss is not supportive of this at all to even try an schedule me off that day once a month (neither is my PCP, but that's another story!)

My biggest problem right now is 2 people I work closely with have had the same surgery and gained almost all their weight back, so they are constantly talking bad about it, trying to talk me out of it, downing me for going ahead with it, and offering every bad kind of food they can to me, or sitting right by me talking about how delicious it is.

I have been off sugar for 2 months and progressing from full caffeine to Decaf, have quit smoking, and went from fast food every day --with 3 large sweet tea's a day at McDonald-- to only once a month eating out and NO sweet tea unless I make it with Truvia....so, yeah...sometimes I really feel like I'm gonna snap or maybe just quit the job...but I'm gonna do this for me!

Best of luck to you all!

Well now we have 2 guys in here :) Am having my pre-op on the 8th and bypass surgery on the 12th. Am 44 years old, 345 lbs currently (was 365 when I started the process). Looking forward to getting this done and starting a new phase of my life.

Welcome ; ) Congrats

Mine was just scheduled for August 19th so I am gonna keep an eye on you two!! :) I am a little anxious because of some medical problems but sooo excited to get it over with ... and start on my new adventure!!

By the way, I am 61 and in Vero Beach, Florida.

Edited by PriyaAntres@hotmail.com

I had my surgery today. & Im heading home. The only problem I'm having is this darn gas bubble. I've walked & walked but it's giving me chest pains under my rib cage. Any helpful ideas?

I don't know if you can do this, but I had a heating pad with me at the hospital and it seemed to help ease some of the gas pain for me. Also, gas x strips.