Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need AUGUST bypass buddies!

DraytonP so happy we aren't all ladies after all. I guess we just talk more! Lol. Great news about your surgery!

FYI - I also created a room - ALL IN August!

My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am on August 18th :) So excited/nervous but ready to go! The pre-op time has sped past! I began with a referral in Feb 2014 and got my first visit in March 2014. I still have a HIDA scan to complete tomorrow so I can get this gallbladder out and then an unexpected stress test added to the mix on the 8th. Wish me luck nothing holds surgery up!!

My surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am on August 18th :) So excited/nervous but ready to go! The pre-op time has sped past! I began with a referral in Feb 2014 and got my first visit in March 2014. I still have a HIDA scan to complete tomorrow so I can get this gallbladder out and then an unexpected stress test added to the mix on the 8th. Wish me luck nothing holds surgery up!!

Wishing you lot's of luck.. everything goes well ; )

Hi Roostertail2!

Im terrible at navigating this site. W

How do I get to the August Buddies room???

Thank you!!

Gabriela6

Hi Roostertail2!

Im terrible at navigating this site. W

How do I get to the August Buddies room???

Thank you!!

Gabriela6

It's under General discussions but here is the link for you..

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/314093-all-in-august-2014/

I was getting tired of going back and forth between bypass and sleeve rooms. For those that dont know I am still not sure what surgery will actually be done until the dr gets me on the table - so I have been trying to stay up on both topics. Fact is that no matter what surgery you are having dones really all the same in the long run! So why seperate everyone?? to me support is support. I know that sleevers will have some variances to bypassers - but we are ALL WLS people...

It's under General discussions but here is the link for you..

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/314093-all-in-august-2014/

I was getting tired of going back and forth between bypass and sleeve rooms. For those that dont know I am still not sure what surgery will actually be done until the dr gets me on the table - so I have been trying to stay up on both topics. Fact is that no matter what surgery you are having dones really all the same in the long run! So why seperate everyone?? to me support is support. I know that sleevers will have some variances to bypassers - but we are ALL WLS people...

I think it's a great idea not only for you but for others who need buddies. The sleeve and bypass have similar recovery and it's a great place for everyone to get support. I'm still praying for a bypass for you Roostertail! I'm praying for a laproscopic surgery for me on Friday too because classes start on August 22nd and I need to be healed enough to get around campus which I think would be quite difficult with an open surgery and staples! I need a fast speed-bump free recovery lol :)

Edited by Beckyyb93

I will be praying for you Becky. I had 2 open surgeries and totally dont wish that on any body! When I was 32 I had a 16c tumor so had to have a partial hysterectomy. The butcher - i mean "Doctor" did the surgery the old fashioned way by cutting me from belly button to love muffin! All he did was remove the tumor and the ovary it was surrounding. 6 weeks later I was back in the dr office being told I was needing to get a complete hysterectoimy so I had to go back under the knife and have another open surgery. The first time I felt like someone ran over me with a car. I was bruised all over my stomach - found out I was alergic to steristrips when my skin starting blistering and peeling off! It took me at LEAST 2 weeks before I could move without wanting to scream.

Now the 2nd time around I had a different doctor. He in fact did a complete hysterectomy, did bone scrapings and also removed several lymphnodes. Was back up and running in just a few days.It was amazing the differences in the 2 surgeries. A couple years ago I had gallbladder removal via lapriscopic surgery - then had a twisted bowel surgery last year same way. Both of those were very easy and recovery was a breeze. Little sore but nothing a few days didnt take care of. For me being tired was the biggest issue! Seems like you are tired for a couple of weeks. Made mistake of trying to go back to work too early every single time - only to regret it by end of day!

So Becky - you should be up and running by the 22nd of August! Just be sure to get as much rest as you can and listen to your body. Dont be super woman!

I will be praying for you Becky. I had 2 open surgeries and totally dont wish that on any body! When I was 32 I had a 16c tumor so had to have a partial hysterectomy. The butcher - i mean "Doctor" did the surgery the old fashioned way by cutting me from belly button to love muffin! All he did was remove the tumor and the ovary it was surrounding. 6 weeks later I was back in the dr office being told I was needing to get a complete hysterectoimy so I had to go back under the knife and have another open surgery. The first time I felt like someone ran over me with a car. I was bruised all over my stomach - found out I was alergic to steristrips when my skin starting blistering and peeling off! It took me at LEAST 2 weeks before I could move without wanting to scream.

Now the 2nd time around I had a different doctor. He in fact did a complete hysterectomy, did bone scrapings and also removed several lymphnodes. Was back up and running in just a few days.It was amazing the differences in the 2 surgeries. A couple years ago I had gallbladder removal via lapriscopic surgery - then had a twisted bowel surgery last year same way. Both of those were very easy and recovery was a breeze. Little sore but nothing a few days didnt take care of. For me being tired was the biggest issue! Seems like you are tired for a couple of weeks. Made mistake of trying to go back to work too early every single time - only to regret it by end of day!

So Becky - you should be up and running by the 22nd of August! Just be sure to get as much rest as you can and listen to your body. Dont be super woman!

Lol I will try :) my recovery with the laproscopic sleeve was a breeze so I'm praying for similar results with the bypass. I've also had two open surgeries with a cut from hipbone the hipbone when I was younger, I have kidney issues and had to having some tubing reimplanted twice. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 5 (yikes I know) and it was laproscopic..it's always easier to heal with smaller incisions. I'm sure it will all work out though, I picked a very good surgeon with lots of experience and now it's up to him to fix me but I have total faith. I'll take it easy afterwards and should be fine for school, gotta think positive thoughts!!

WOW! You have had such a rough time havent you. My goodness to be such a young girl! Well I pray that this is the last time you have to go under the knife. I pray you heal quickly and a year from now you are sporting a bikini!

yes you have gone through alot!!!! Best to you!!!!

Thanks guys..I hope so too! I just need to be healthy so I can finish school :) the weight loss would be a plus too though ;)