Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need AUGUST bypass buddies!

So, I'm 33. I am 305 lbs. What about yourself? It is nice to have someone to go through this with. I don't know about you, but some days I feel like I'm alone in this journey even though I have people that are supportive. I guess it's because the people that are supportive don't really understand what we actually have to go through physically or emotionally when we decide to make this journey.

Emlatta - thats great that you are same day! What are your stats? Weight/age etc? Love the idea of having someone at exact same time to talk with! Lets deffinately stay in touch so we can to a side by side comparrision of how we are each doing!

Monday is Pre-OP! Then surgery on the 5th! 10 more days!!!!! Scared but super excited.

You and me both. My date is also august 5th and scared to death.

I am 46 years old - 260 lbs - I agree that even though our friends and family offer their support - they dont understand REALLY. I dont think anyone who is not going through this themselves. It has been such a roller coaster and I have not even had the surgery yet. I find myself trying not to talk too much about it to those around me because I think they are tired of hearing about it! I am scared, excited, worried and a lot of other feelings I cant explain. I am in info overload - yet feel I dont know enough. Have heard all the horror stories from friends who knew friends who didnt do well - you know there are people out there that want to scare you into not doing this. What I find though is those people generally weigh 120 lbs and have never fought weight in their whole life! They dont know how it feels to be someone else under all this fat! They also assume that if I would "watch what I eat" I could do this on my own. Well I have always tried to watch what I eat. I havent had a fried food in probably 15 years. I am not a binge eater nor an emotional eater. Though I do tend to graze when bored and I do have a sweet tooth from hell! I dont eat 3 hamburgers and a large fry with a diet coke in a single sitting! I do know I am fat because of the things I have put in my body and because I dont exercise. I also have thyroid issues and other health issues over the years that have added the weight as well.When I was 32 I had cancer - the treatments caused a 50lb weight gain in just a very short time. I have never been able to get rid of all of that even after all these years. They dont know crap! No I never was the type to just eat a small salad - but I also wasnt the type to over do it either! Anyway - none of us need to hear those types of comments. If we had not tried diets - starving ourselves only to gain more back once we figured out that being hungry all the time wasnt working. Do they really think this whole process is just a simple walk in the park? Do they not realize that we are cutting our insides in a last ditch effort to create a healthier happier person? Well that is the end of my rant..lol. I am here for you and anyone else who needs me. We can do this - we will do this - and we will be success stories!!

So, I'm 33. I am 305 lbs. What about yourself? It is nice to have someone to go through this with. I don't know about you, but some days I feel like I'm alone in this journey even though I have people that are supportive. I guess it's because the people that are supportive don't really understand what we actually have to go through physically or emotionally when we decide to make this journey.

Emlatta - thats great that you are same day! What are your stats? Weight/age etc? Love the idea of having someone at exact same time to talk with! Lets deffinately stay in touch so we can to a side by side comparrision of how we are each doing!

Monday is Pre-OP! Then surgery on the 5th! 10 more days!!!!! Scared but super excited.

I am 46 years old - 260 lbs - I agree that even though our friends and family offer their support - they dont understand REALLY. I dont think anyone who is not going through this themselves. It has been such a roller coaster and I have not even had the surgery yet. I find myself trying not to talk too much about it to those around me because I think they are tired of hearing about it! I am scared, excited, worried and a lot of other feelings I cant explain. I am in info overload - yet feel I dont know enough. Have heard all the horror stories from friends who knew friends who didnt do well - you know there are people out there that want to scare you into not doing this. What I find though is those people generally weigh 120 lbs and have never fought weight in their whole life! They dont know how it feels to be someone else under all this fat! They also assume that if I would "watch what I eat" I could do this on my own. Well I have always tried to watch what I eat. I havent had a fried food in probably 15 years. I am not a binge eater nor an emotional eater. Though I do tend to graze when bored and I do have a sweet tooth from hell! I dont eat 3 hamburgers and a large fry with a diet coke in a single sitting! I do know I am fat because of the things I have put in my body and because I dont exercise. I also have thyroid issues and other health issues over the years that have added the weight as well.When I was 32 I had cancer - the treatments caused a 50lb weight gain in just a very short time. I have never been able to get rid of all of that even after all these years. They dont know crap! No I never was the type to just eat a small salad - but I also wasnt the type to over do it either! Anyway - none of us need to hear those types of comments. If we had not tried diets - starving ourselves only to gain more back once we figured out that being hungry all the time wasnt working. Do they really think this whole process is just a simple walk in the park? Do they not realize that we are cutting our insides in a last ditch effort to create a healthier happier person? Well that is the end of my rant..lol. I am here for you and anyone else who needs me. We can do this - we will do this - and we will be success stories!!

My date is Aug 6. I'm on my pre-op diet and it's not going so well. I didn't think it would be bad, but suddenly the Protein shakes and Soups are making me nauseous and I have to lay down after eating them. Not liking this, but am taking it day by day. I'm excited but scared. I hope this nausea is not forever!

You are so right!!!!! I too try not to talk about it because I feel like the people that know are tired of hearing about the surgery. However, some days, I'm a nervous wreck and have to talk about it or I feel like I will bust lol. These feelings are really crazy. I've gotten better though. I've been praying every day and I now have a peace about it. I'm still nervous, which we all should be, but the extreme emotions have pretty much calmed down.

I do dread the attitude changes that others will have towards me. I've been told by others that people will change towards you. Some for the better and some for worse. But I'm the type of person that will call you out on your attitude. So I've been praying about that too.

We have 10 more days as of today!!!!!!

How long did you have to do the shakes? My Dr didn't put us shakes. We just have to eat a high Protein, low carb, low fat, no sugar diet. I chose to do shakes because of I don't, I'll end up eating something I shouldn't. I've been doing shakes since Tuesday and haven't even lost 1 pound on them. It makes me even more ready for the surgery!!!!!

As far as your nausea, have you tried different shakes? What are you mixing them with? When I drink my shake, I spread it out over a 3 hour period. I couldn't drink all of it at once. Plus it helps keep me satisfied until is time for the next one.

My date is Aug 6. I'm on my pre-op diet and it's not going so well. I didn't think it would be bad, but suddenly the Protein Shakes and Soups are making me nauseous and I have to lay down after eating them. Not liking this, but am taking it day by day. I'm excited but scared. I hope this nausea is not forever!

I'm also having surgery in August on the 26th. My pre op class is on the 12th and testing is on the 14th. I'm 29 and currently am sitting at 345. I'm glad to have finally gotten my date and I'm ready to roll. This has been a roller coaster for the past six years ever since my endocrinologist suggested that I have surgery.

I look forward to all of our successes!

Good luck with everything! And yes it is a roller coaster. I'm lucky in the fact that my insurance doesn't spin you around and around. They tell you what you have to have and that's is. The hardest part was doing a 6 month supervised diet program. The waiting was the hardest part.

I'm also having surgery in August on the 26th. My pre op class is on the 12th and testing is on the 14th. I'm 29 and currently am sitting at 345. I'm glad to have finally gotten my date and I'm ready to roll. This has been a roller coaster for the past six years ever since my endocrinologist suggested that I have surgery.

I look forward to all of our successes!

Good luck with everything! And yes it is a roller coaster. I'm lucky in the fact that my insurance doesn't spin you around and around. They tell you what you have to have and that's is. The hardest part was doing a 6 month supervised diet program. The waiting was the hardest part.

My hardest part was finally getting insurance that covered it. I actually gave up in May due to a different complication. But my surgical center wouldn't let me. I'm grateful for them and the chance to change my life for the better.

I can't wait to enjoy life again with my daughter

I'm 6 days away and sleeping is becoming difficult, I have no nails because I've chewed them all off. I'm just so nervous and I feel like it's silly to be this nervous since unlike you guys I've already been through one major WLS and have a pretty good idea of what it feels like. My finance and mom say it's because I had such bad complications with my last one that my body is acting so nervous praying this one goes better. I'm just trying to take deep breaths and go one day at a time..it's time for me to start getting ready for liquids and packing a bag, I've been obsessively cleaning my house and doing laundry so everything is ready. I even convinced my fiance to velcro the cushions on the couch down so when I have to sleep on it they don't fly out and make me uncomfy. I'm so lucky to have such a great support system! He stayed up late with me even though he works at 5 am to talk to me about focusing on getting healthy because he loves me just the way I am and doesn't care if I lose weight as long as I can have a long happy life with him..OMG sweetest guy ever! He's also taking my engagement ring to have something fixed while I'm in surgery on Friday because he knows I can't have it during the operation and it makes me upset then he is bringing it to me when he comes to the hospital after work. My mom took off Friday and Monday and is planning on staying in the hospital with me 24/7 in case I need anything that the nurses aren't getting me.

So so nervous guys..

My hardest part was finally getting insurance that covered it. I actually gave up in May due to a different complication. But my surgical center wouldn't let me. I'm grateful for them and the chance to change my life for the better.

I can't wait to enjoy life again with my daughter

That's wonderful that your surgical center backs you up like that. Keep us posted on how your doing.

I have to do shakes up until surgery. They want me to use the shakes they have because they have all the Vitamins etc... But I don't think I'll make it with them. I may sneak in a few of mine that are much better. I think the nausea is that my stomach is really empty and growling all the time. I keep drinking Water to try and soothe it.

I just found out my surgery date is August 25. I cant wait. I am not doing this to loose weight I am having to do this for my health. When I started this journey I weighted 245ish. I didnt own a scale. Now I have lost down to 225. But I have had so many health problems in my life that its unreal. I'm only 35. My mother had the same health problems so my doctors dont want my organs to shut down like hers did. I am nervous but im more excited.

Can you spread the shakes out? Like drink a little bit every 30 minutes just to help with the hunger.

I have to do shakes up until surgery. They want me to use the shakes they have because they have all the Vitamins etc... But I don't think I'll make it with them. I may sneak in a few of mine that are much better. I think the nausea is that my stomach is really empty and growling all the time. I keep drinking Water to try and soothe it.

Can you spread the shakes out? Like drink a little bit every 30 minutes just to help with the hunger.

YES! Most definitely you should do this before and after surgery..it helps with hunger and it allows you to get your needed Protein in post-op when your tummy is too small to have it all at once.

I'm 36 (5'3) and just got down to 301 from 333 on my pre-surgery diet. My surgery is scheduled on the 18th of August!