Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeing the doctor today! Hope to have good news later. Thank you for all your responses!!

My surgeon and NUT had never heard of anything I described. So, he wasn't able to prescribe anything. Kinda shrugged it off and suggested hormones and nerves. Unable to prescribe Xanax as well. Wtf?! Going to my family doctor tomorrow, maybe he can help. I hope! Feeling really discouraged :/

@foster, don't feel bad, your pcp will give you something to help. It was my pcp that gave me the Valium. They know your history better. I've had the same one for over 10 years.

Omg, I remember this feeling and yes it was awful. I got this sense of restlessness and anxiety about a week or two after surgery(sleeved May 5). I never even thought about asking for meds because I thought it was all in my head. I know how you're feeling and hope it gets better soon. The only thing that helped me was keeping busy. Every time I felt restless I took a walk through my house or did some cleaning. I did anything to distract myself. Hope this helps

I had it too for a couple of nights (about 1-2 weeks out fr surgery). I just tried to relax, breathe and ignore it. It happened to me while trying to sleep. Sort of what I picture drug addicts go through with withdrawal

It went away! :)

I couldn't believe your post because I swear I thought this was just in my head. I don't have it during the day like you, but a couple of times a week at night I get this. It is the worst thing ever and I lose hours and hours of sleep over it.

I went to my family doctor and he kinda shrugged it off like my surgeon did.

How are WE feeling this way but they have never heard of it???

He said to just suffer though it, it should pass. Well, that doesn't work for me, I'm a truck driver and I can't NOT sleep. He did prescribe Xanax for emergency night use. Which is the only thing that has knocked me out.

I will tell you what I think has helped. I took all of your suggestions...not sure if it's why it's working or it is just passing itself.

I upped my Iron. And I eat Iron rich foods too.

Taking B12 daily, not weekly.

Getting in electrolytes and enough Water. Which is difficult. A sip every 15 mins if I have to.

Walking a mile a day.

So far, it's better! And I have Xanax just in case!

if he wouldn't give you a B12 shot, try sublingual B12. B12 is not absorbed in the stomach if ypu are on PPIs or other acid reducers. most doctors are ignorant of the symptoms of Vitamin deficiencies... unless they have worked in places like africa. make sure you are also taking a good multi vitamin... i take a liquid one.

if he wouldn't give you a B12 shot, try sublingual B12. B12 is not absorbed in the stomach if ypu are on PPIs or other acid reducers. most doctors are ignorant of the symptoms of Vitamin deficiencies... unless they have worked in places like africa. make sure you are also taking a good multi vitamin... i take a liquid one.

Totally have those! And considering the shots! Monthly, right?

In a lot of cases, H1 blockers (benadryl, phenergan, compazine) can make this condition worse. I have had RLS since childhood and it is annoying at best and debilitating at worst, and agree it can affect more than just the legs. Anesthesia plays a huge role as well as certain conditions such as kidney failure, insomnia, low ferritin. Agree with following up with your PCP. It can take 3-6 weeks for your body to metabolize anesthetics (mainly the inhaled gases) and during this time, the restlessness can come and go. Usually worse at night, or after sitting for long periods of time (think movie theater, desk job, airplane flights), and sometimes, cold temps can trigger it.

Trust me, I feel ya, and it sucks. Call your doc and see if there is something they can give you for some relief. Best of luck to you.

I see you have already discussed this with your doc-smh at providers who are still blowing this condition off when we have scientific data to support the issue (finding that folks who have this long-term lack ferritin in the dopamine receptors in the brain). Hope it is just temporary for ya!

Edited by Dragonsmate

I'm experiencing only what I can guess is restless body syndrome. If that's such a thing. It's not my legs either. Mostly torso/back/arms. First it was just at night. Now it's all day and night. I literally feeling like I'm crawling out of my skin. It's just a terrible sensation. Like I could just freak out inside! Anyone feeling this? Or know anything?

That can be from anesthesia... I was experiencing in the hospital and u googled it. I'm not having it anymore but maybe it takes some people longer to resolve it. It was weird and mostly happened when I was waking up or falling asleep. I haven't had to take a lot of pain meds or anti nausea meds either.

I had this while I was pregnant with twins. I did find relief using a bed vibrator - Think magic fingers from the motel rooms in the 1970s. Weird, I know, and the only thing that worked.

Something else to consider, RLS is considered a sleep disorder, so you might try a sleep clinic/doctor. They will likely have more insight than anyone else.

Please keep us posted! Shellie

Edited by shellief

Talk to your doctor about Mirapex or Pramaxipole. This is one of the primary treatments for RLS which includes other parts of the body. I was sleeved on 7/31 and have severe RLS and couldn't take my medicine because there isn't an IV form. Absolutely horrible night and no one at the hospital had any concept how awful restless leg syndrome can be. Finally slept the next afternoon when I could finally take medicine.