Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alcohol + summer = slow weight loss

So, I am finding it super hard now that it is summer and everything revolves around sitting in the sun with a cocktail. I am 26 and I love to mingle..... If anyone cares to know what I have been drinking it usually consists of Firefly's sweet tea vodka with Water and lemons.... And today I found a new flavor fav which was stoli blueberry vodka with Water and I used half a packet of propel's sugar free raspberry lemonade and seriously it was great. I don't drink beer or soda, but when I do drink with my friends I try to stick to sugar free drinks w/ whatever vodka... (What do you drink?!?)

I do find that I am slowly loosing weight, and I don't want to blame it on the booze but I do mingle a few times a week & I count it in myfitnesspal!

I probably sound like an alcoholic... Just had to share!

Okay soooo I have been having an insane time drinking this summer. Too much partying because my theory is that I work hard and once I start the nursing program in the fall, I won't be able to do anything for basically two years. I am on new meds though which makes drinking a little dangerous so now I have to slow down. Anyways... I usually drink Apple Martini flavored crystal light with apple Bacardi (used as a mixer while downing shots of bacardi). When I low-carb, vodka and Bacardi doesn't kick me out of ketosis if I mix it with crystal light or another low-carb beverage like Powerade zero or something like that. The only problem with drinking and low-carbing is that while your body has alcohol in it, it won't burn off any fat until it burns off all of the alcohol. Drinking isn't really the reason for my weight loss stalls but I'm sure it hasn't helped any because I did for awhile go back to eating crappy junk food and whatnot and that made me have the "whatever" mindset that I could drink sugary drinks too. Fall two times, get back up three, that's what this is about. As long as you pick yourself up you are fine. I am finally back in ketosis (I believe) can't test yet because I'm on meds for a uti which stain the ketostix. Anywayss...don't feel bad...you aren't the only one who has been there. I also have broke the rules at the bar and had vodka tonics even though we aren't supposed to have bubbles. Lemme know if you wanna go out for a drink this summer!! :)

food calories are the same as drink calories

3500 calories is a pound ate or drank and if anyone eats/drinks more calories

than they can burn off...they will not lose and may gain....its cals in vs cals out..

i say enjoy

I agree with the enjoy part CG. Both you ladies look pretty young to me and having a good time while out with friends is not a bad thing especially when your young and recovery is not so brutal :) Life is short, that said please be responsible with your enjoyment and take others and yourself and your body into consideration.

Don't drink and drive or drive with someone else who has been drinking! You know friends don't let friends drive drunk...OK PSA over.

Make sure that you are hydrating since alcohol can severely dehydrate you especially in the sun and cause you to feel sick and dizzy as well as causing some Water retention later that may make you heavier and bloated.

Keep track of the calories, so you know if you are gaining where it is coming from and then you can always modify accordingly and have a GREAT summer!!!

Here's an article that claims alcohol calories don't put on weight... I think the doc has tipped a few too many, but it is interesting reading. LOL!

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/AlcoholCaloriesAndWeight.html#.U71pU5RdXLM

I don't count cals. Only carbs. It seems to be working for me so far

No drinks for me this summer sounds great but be wise with the bubbles!! Hope you don't get the bubbles from the bartender skipping carbonation by accident into a drink and you get stuck and it hurts so bad. I had a friend this happen to.

I also have friends in the emergency room and heard about band filling problems after drinking and how dehydrated you get after drinking. Maybe one is ok but any more and I say good luck!! Wish you the best of luck.

I will pass on my drinks as I don't wanna waste my band away or erode it as it was expensive in the first place. Plus I'm in the healing process. It's been two weeks now and lost 32 lbs no fills and a regular allergen band. June 28th was my surgery and I'm following my plan to a tee. I have 115% into this mind body and soul change as it's my new life path I chose.

Second I need food and not drinks. I wanna get the weight off. No extra calories.

Drinking and carbs for diabetics is a bad idea anyways.